Hitomi Match Up and Strategy Thread

xINFINITELIGHTx

It's true that 3H+K (and236P including Hayate's) beat Ayane's spin, and her roll for that matter. Also I'm assuming punch punch downback punch is from BT PP2P. Because PP > 2P is a much better option (makes you sit and wait on strings/string cancel). Also, Ayane's range game does not solely rely on just spinning around while she's at a distance. Her range game revolves around proper placement with movement and integrated movement (basically footsies) and punishment. She wants to do something that will make you press buttons so she can punish you for it. The more mistakes you make, the more she thrives.

If you want to beat her, you have to be patient against her. Because a competent Ayane player will not let you get away with rushing her down (something she can pick at very well). Also, Ayane can't do anything at full screen. She excels at mid range. The oh-so terrible "go fullscreen and roll in" tactics are so predictable and are just so bad. Her BT 6H+P doesn't track, and it is no longer an offensive hold. Button presses beat this on reaction. It's something I am always advising other players to keep to a minimum.

Ayane will never come at you through her spins (again my experience). Things like 3P, 3H+K, BT PP, BT 2P, BT 2K, BT PP6KK4, BT 6P, BT 6K are what she'll be closing distance or poking/tripping you up with. Relying on spins as a means of getting in is just idiotic.

JESUS IS LORD AND THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD AND GOD LOVES EVERYBODY!

Thank you for your perspective on how ayane should be played and how to counter the anti ayane strats I just spoke on. They are very well based in TRUTH and validated by matches I have played endlessly. I hope all that stuff gets you wins! :D

JESUS IS LORD AND THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD AND GOD LOVES EVERYBODY!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD