DOA5U Hitomi ver. 1.04

Tenryuga

Slight damage nerf's on grabs but nothing major. 4PPP bound was completely removed so now she has the wall blow back from it. 236K is -5 but that's no big deal to me because I never abused the strings it was in since fuzzy guard and low guard blew it up. 66K now does a stun that is +15 on fastest SE. I don't know if this is a buff or a nerf because I'm not familiar with what the stun was in vanilla. The stun animation is the same as her 6P stun. Also her 6T pushback is so huge that jab strings are a risk after it. If you try them the opponent can outpoke you with a jab of their own. Dunno about thier mids. Everything else still hits fine though if you plan to extend stun with 3KP after getting a stun off something like her 6P post 6T the P whiffs. 33T inputs are better!! Woot!! That's about all I have for you guys from the limited time I spent in the lab.

Hikari-Senca

Ugh, -5 on 236K really hurts her game... WTF, TN? So far, it seems like she was mostly unchanged aside from a few moves... 66K: To me, this is both a big nerf and a small buff. Big nerf because now she can't get a mini-launch off of 66KK, which no longer launches after 214P, meaning it's back to being forced to either use 236P as her only guaranteed option from the sit-down stun or hope they don't shake at fastest speeds so a non-guaranteed 9K will hit them...fuck. And it's a small buff because the stun from 66K was buffed from +8 to +15 which now grants a few small opportunities to extend the stun. Overall though, I don't like this change...

@Tenryuga: The 6T change is pretty minor, tbh. Some characters could always outpoke you if you mash P after a 6T, what I do is dash in then P or whatever since you're still at advantage after a buffered dash. In fact, it still works post-patch. It's only really noticeable in your example of 3KP whiffing after a 6P CH, but other than that, it's a pretty harmless change. Overall, she got slightly nerfed with no significant buffs at all to compensate for the nerfs... R.I.P 236K T-T

Last edited:

Juihau

There was a pretty much completely arbitrary stealth buff, in that charged 4PPP is -3 on block now. It was -4 pre-patch.

Kokomi

I just got back from a half-year break. And I saw the balance changes they made to Hitomi prior to coming back. Personally, I think they nerfed Hitomi's throw because she gets too much free damage from it, 6T and 33T does quite an amount of damage, no?

That's just my opinion. I'm not sure about her K strings though. I rarely rely on that, but I knew it was the go to move for safeness. That said, can someone outline how 1.04 Hitomi should be played? Does this mean more careful planning and frequent 9H and less K strings? I can't recall if they made changes to her 236P and 46P but they are so bad in punishing atm. Maybe it's just me..

Tenryuga

She is exactly the same as before just you can't spam 236K if that was one of your go to moves since its not that advantageous anymore. Her whiff punishment and pressure as well as juggle damage remain the same.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD