DOA5U Hitomi's Tag Discussion

ShinMaruku

I find Hitomi has great tools that she can use in Tag mode. Now I know not everybody has a interest in tag but I see enough people playing tag that this has some use and if even 1 person sees this adds to it and passes it will make this worthwhile. So I have taken the format from my other tag topic and decided to apply it to Hitomi.

For me, when I sit down for tag I have a few things I plan on to give me the best chance of winning:
-Team Make up (Position of them in the team)
-Combo Potential
-Does my Team have the right tools to attack and defend others. (For example if one character is set for close range combat I'd want the other to be tagged into either help their range game or to get them in)
-Theme of the team. It's for fun people I find when you have a theme you can play better. Half the battle is in your mindset.

My main partners in the apple bottom dance of tag for Hitomi are Ayane Misty (Kasumi) Kokoro and Momiji
Ayane/Hitomi
-Team Make up: It's always anchor Hitomi because she is great and knock backs and can be tagged in for knock backs making her an excellent tag combo finisher. She can also set me up to put people on the wall for environmental damage. I think this team has significant busrt damage potential
-Combo potiental: This is a launch then knock back team with things like BT PP4PP7K tag into PP6P into a wall or danger zone Or 7KK tag 6 P+K into a wall. Hitomis 8PPP can be tagged into Ayane's 7P+K into PPKKK to knock back.
-Tools Ayane who can play mid range quite well benefits from Hitomi's great knock backs.Hitomi has a fine launcher :9::P::K: which can be tagged out of or into which she can end with:P::P::P: or Ayane can end with :P::P::K::K::K: or :P::P::4::P::P::K: to send them flying.
-Theme They are my burst tag team where you do damage in great chunks and sending people flying so you can start up your offense from a far. They are also less constrained by weight class since I try to keep combos short do maximize damage and set good positioning.They also have some good throws and counters you can work with. Throws that keep people standing can allow you to launch them.They also have the sassy attitude and general fun costumes that make them a fun duo.

Hitomi/Kokoro
-Team Make up: Either make an excellent anchor do to their knock backs and knock downs. I like having Hitomi on point to best utilize Hitomi's pokes and counters and throws.Tagging into Kokoro for knock backs is great to make her position better.
-Combo potential::9::P::K: Tag:9::P::P: Tag:4::P::P::P: With Kokoro on point you can do:3::3::P+K:tag:P::P::P:. Hitomi on point :9::P::K::6::6::P+K::P+K::K:.
-Tools: Kokoro has great holds that can stop some assaults as well as put you into a good position to start your attack as well bait a response that you can dish out again. Hitomi has great launchers as well to tag in Kokoro to put in great finishers. Their range is very misleading they can hit you from many different ways
-Theme Das ist wunderbar (From Karl Wunderbar) Environmental damage and knock back team. They can utilize the bound system in great ways stop start their combat finishers. They also have rather comical outfits and just makes me smile.

Refinement coming within the week.

Last edited:

Saber

Hitomi's pretty blah in Tag. You'll need to have quick access to an unholdable stun then varieties of good relaunchers and a juggle that works at a low launch height.

Hitomi would've been really good in Tag if she kept her SS K from vanilla DOA5 and had her 4KK relaunch as well. Right now, she's only good for her 4KK relaunch and her P+K string/combo ender. Other than that, her other relaunchers can't maintain a good launch height for at least a 50% guaranteed combo.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD