Hori making a Dead or Alive 5 Arcade Stick

DriftSlave

that would be retarded, but I believe that kind of stuff has happened before(the Blue/White VLX JP. Exclusive?)

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Here's the article from Famitsu: http://www.famitsu.com/news/201207/07017394.html

It's in Japanese, of course, but it may detail more info.

Thanks for this. It says that the stick and the buttons are both Sanwa.

Then this stick is definitely worth it for people who want to invest in a stick.

I still prefer the Qanba Q4RAF for its dual mod.

But this is quite a decent stick. Seems like theres alot of resting room for the hands as well which is something I find lacking in Madcatz sticks.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Lol yeah it looks too damn generic...
I'm working on a new design .. just waiting for the rest of the cast to show up ;)

qoodname

Ive talked to some friends today about arcade sticks and they pretty much all told me that if you seriously wanna get into fighting games youll have to get an arcade stick sooner or later. Is that true? Is an arcade stick really this much of an advantage over the pad and kinda like essential if you wanna play fighting games seriously?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
It allows for a little more precision... if you can control it correctly. It also depends on the game's input buffering system as well.

DrDogg

Some games do allow you to perform better with a stick, but I don't believe DOA is one of those games. Even in the games where an arcade stick makes a difference, if you're not familiar with an arcade stick, you will not play as well as you do on pad.

For the most part, it's all personal preference. I use pad for Tekken and MK, but I use stick for everything else.

qoodname

Hmm makes sense. So does the buffering system of doa work well with an arcade stick? Im thinking about getting one cos i always felt comfortable in the real arcades using a stick but yeah im not sure though. I dont wanna end up spending 150$ on something that turns out to be not my cup of tea if you know what i mean. I guess i stick to pad right now and come back to the thought of getting an arcade stick if i feel the need to. Thanks for the help guys.

DrDogg

People have expressed issues with playing DOA on stick in the past, but I've never had a problem with it. At this point, I can play DOA easily on a stick or a pad (so long as it's not an Xbox pad).

However, if you're used to a pad, it will take some time for you to play well on a stick. I'd guess you'd need at least a week of solid play time on a stick before you start to get comfortable with it.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD