DOA5LR Hori Releasing Arcade Stick for Dead Or Alive 5 Last Round for PS3 and PS4

For those looking to buy an arcade stick for Dead Or Alive 5 Last Round, here's some good news for you. It seems that Hori is releasing a special, DOA5 Last Round themed arcade stick that works for both the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4.
Hori_Dead_Or_Alive_5_Last_Round_arcade_stick_622x320.jpg
The arcade stick also comes with a coupe of new features not seen in other arcade sticks. First up, it has analog sticks. These are attached to where the carrying handle is in the XBox One RAP Hayabusa. However, the placement seems to indicate that they may be removable.

The other unique feature that this has is a touchpad, something that no other PS4 3rd party peripheral has.

For more details on the pricing and where you can pre-order this, read the whole story over at Shoryuken.

UPDATE:
Bad news, someone from the SRK forums asked Hori about whether or not this was coming to the US, and this is the response we got.
In regards, unfortunately we do not have plans of releasing this product here in the US. However, we will be releasing a newly designed model of the PS4/PS3 Real Arcade Pro Hayabusa in February which also features a touch pad.

Last edited:
Hori's sticks are generally better than MadCatz on average actually.
Not really. I'd rank them about the same. The first gen HRAP.V series had issues with the cable door falling off. Meanwhile the recent V4s had manufacturing issues, mostly sticks being shipped without the Hayabusa stick not being wired at all.

Also, Kuro buttons are meh.

I love how they ditched Hayate for Marie Rose ... lol
.. so dumb

Marie Rose is not fitting put together with Kasumi, Ayane and Ryu, however here the logic was "Let's include on the cover the most popular characters": I disagree with it, but I can't say that doesn't make sense (same for the controversial DLC matter).

EDIT: Even if I don't like too much the blurry effect on the characters (I prefer sharper pictures of the character like in this current one) from a looking matter - so putting aside technical aspects - my favourite Arcade Stick in the series is still the DoA5 Xbox version:

H5_resize_wm.jpg

bx4Vp4q.jpg

3-2.jpg

I would love to own it, even if from a nostalgic matter i would perfer the DoA3 one.

Last edited:
Those pictures reminded me of how awful the default control scheme for this entire series is. VF style or nothing. Even on the sticks the buttons are aligned the VF way but still retain the same awkward labeling.

I guess thats it for PS3 controller support:

http://www.freestepdodge.com/thread...-the-ps4-version-of-doa5-lr.4982/#post-221021

no way TN is gonna enable this on PS4 after this stick is announced. tweeted TN, KN and Tom Lee to implament this driver in DOA5 LR and got no response.

I guess thats fine because the only thing thats debatable is that Marie Rose is on this stick instead of Hayate! thats really important! thanks for showing more interest to that instead of supporting the petition we tried to start!

Fuck this shit. I am completely switching to PC (every next gen FG will come out on PC and my PC is beast and ALL USB stuff will work) and wont bother with this stupid marketing decisions by companies who wont allow USB hardware to work on NEXT GEN consoles that have USB compatiblity.

no way TN is gonna enable this on PS4 after this stick is announced. tweeted TN, KN and Tom Lee to implament this driver in DOA5 LR and got no response.

Tom and the TN Community Manager (who runs the twitter/fb accounts) were present at TFC for the LR demo. Players provided direct feedback requests to support PS3 controllers. They are aware of the demand for it, but in the end it comes down to whether they could actually implement it completely. The Skull girls articles were also forwarded to them. They really are "Team NINJA" since they will watch and read feedback but very infrequently will you get a direct response on a decision.

Fuck this shit. I am completely switching to PC (every next gen FG will come out on PC and my PC is beast and ALL USB stuff will work)

See you on there.

This has likely been added due to the fact that some of Last Round’s extra modes require analog controls.

I may just be retarded, but someone mind telling me what extra modes are they talking about that specifically require analog controls?

Last edited:
I may just be retarded, but someone mind telling me what extra modes are they talking about that specifically require analog controls?
Could it be possible that the analog controls are for like changing the costumes(changing panties, bras, etc), hairstyle, and glasses features for the characters? I'm just throwing that out there.

Last edited:
Was worried I'd missed this, but it's finally shown up on PlayAsia, (who are twenty minutes down the road from me ^^)

Pre-order in! :D

I love how they ditched Hayate for Marie Rose ... lol
.. so dumb
Maybe because she's more popular in Japan than Hayat? Hori does design it's sticks principally for the Asian market.

Not really. I'd rank them about the same. The first gen HRAP.V series had issues with the cable door falling off. Meanwhile the recent V4s had manufacturing issues, mostly sticks being shipped without the Hayabusa stick not being wired at all.

Also, Kuro buttons are meh.
It's subjective really, ignoring production issues (which affects both brands) Hori tend to have the better internals while MadCatz have the edge on case design.

Kuro's are fine, I see them as a middle ground between Sanwa and Seimitsu buttons and prefer them.

The touchscreen is odd, but welcome I guess.

Those sticks though... surely I'm not the only one who saw them and immediately thought they looked like a pair of balls.

Have wondered if they're going to include the 5+ '1st person' stuff for giggles on PS4, given it's got the touchpad on the DS4.

Nice thought, it's a likely possibility but however not completely certain: Shimbori admitted how the first person mode in DoA5+ was a sorta of failed experiment, what the team had in mind was something very different but that in the end they weren't able to realize.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD