How about a bounty board?

Crext

Standard Donor
I just thought about some features that would be nice to have, when I complete a really good bounty on someone, especially if it was a difficult fight, I'd like to have that in the memory bank somewhere.

That's when I got the idea of including a feature like "Completed Bounties", where you get a list of your bounties, starting with your top bounty, being the one who had the most wins before you took them down, their ID and character played.
I kinda feel like it is a boss battle every time I face a character who got a bounty on him, so it would be nice to have that feature.

Surely this wouldn't be too hard to add? :cool:

Yaguar

Could have some good fun with this as a community even. Placing bounties on other members heads for a virtual amount. Run it as a forum thing and claim bounties etc on others.

First thing that jumped into my head as I read the title but I agree with the completed bounties being a cool idea.

Aspect

That'd definitely be a cool feature. Should be added to the fighter descriptions when playing online, best streak ended, etc.

Pictured Mind

Wait, there are "bounties" in this game? :c Is that the thing where you have a weird gold/silver plate on your profile?

KingGhidorah

Since they more than likely won't bother doing something like this, why don't we just make this happen ourselves via this thread? It would really boost the fun factor IMO.

Crext

Standard Donor
Since they more than likely won't bother doing something like this, why don't we just make this happen ourselves via this thread? It would really boost the fun factor IMO.

Well, we could ask them. If only I knew how.

Yaguar

You could have a couple of people who run the bounty business and then have others offer to be the weeks bounties. People can then add and challenge them. Record some details, work out "cash". Bounties earn for every win or something. Be a bit of working out but could work for sure especially if the Bounties self-nominate there is more chance of them accepting challenges.

Aspect

Would require a lot of upkeep. I'm imagining a leaderboard of sorts with someone keeping them up to date with current highest win streaks and rank (bronze, silver, gold, platinum, N/A) with people getting eliminated and sent to the bottom. Would require some level of monitoring or trust that people are truthful about their wins or something.

Nuke-Nin

Like DOA4 you could use this "Cash" to buy costumes or because DOA5U is more evolved you could use it to buy sets (like the "Helena DOA5 Set") it could show the Players name, main character, Loses with said character, Wins with said character and longest streak, It would be updated as you are on the page so if they just one a match, it would say +1

WhatifRyuHayabusa had a Izuna from back-turned

KingGhidorah

You could have a couple of people who run the bounty business and then have others offer to be the weeks bounties. People can then add and challenge them. Record some details, work out "cash". Bounties earn for every win or something. Be a bit of working out but could work for sure especially if the Bounties self-nominate there is more chance of them accepting challenges.

You got the idea down solidly.

When we get everything situated, I'd gladly volunteer be someone who has the bounty on them. Always get them on GTA anyhow lmao.

Crext

Standard Donor
Aye, I only remember one Gold bounty I got at 47 wins (biggest so far) against a "TrueSoul1" (remember because we had an interesting talk afterwards, I basically beat him with a 20 fight Kokoro at the time, so it was weird all around. That said, I had a real good fight/win today vs a 12 win silver. That's when I got the idea. I just feels so much more epic to cash those bounties than just win regular fights. As mentioned it has this boss fight feature, I just didn't know if I was the only one who felt that way. :rolleyes:

Anyways, someone else want to do the honors of upkeep at such a thread? :oops:

Yaguar

You got the idea down solidly.

When we get everything situated, I'd gladly volunteer be someone who has the bounty on them. Always get them on GTA anyhow lmao.

I ran a league for a bit during early vanilla. I can promise you it'll need at least 3 people running the background side and a good amount of interest (30+ interest, 15-20 may turn up) and then some good organisation. Possibly at times of certain days offer "double bounty" for bounties who are happy to be on at that time for sure.

I'd be happy to record/stream bounty matches if I'm about. Could be a bit of fun. Also having a streaming lobby would make people more likely to all turn up at a set time to try fight the bounty laying in wait.

Crext

Standard Donor
Also, "spam" (one message each) Team Ninja on their twitter and maybe, just MAYBE, we'll get the feature in the game. This shouldn't be that hard to include, as the code seems easy and straight forward enough. The data may even be recoverable from the existing statistics so you get to see the old ones you've had before. That is pehaps hoping for a bit much, but you never know.

Yaguar

Also, "spam" (one message each) Team Ninja on their twitter

Done! COME ON BOUNTY HUNTER SYSTEM!
EDIT: Even noted I'd be willing to pay for it as an addon feature. Not sure everyone will agree but it's a lot better than Momiji's DLC so far and I bought that...

KingGhidorah

I ran a league for a bit during early vanilla. I can promise you it'll need at least 3 people running the background side and a good amount of interest (30+ interest, 15-20 may turn up) and then some good organisation. Possibly at times of certain days offer "double bounty" for bounties who are happy to be on at that time for sure.

I'd be happy to record/stream bounty matches if I'm about. Could be a bit of fun. Also having a streaming lobby would make people more likely to all turn up at a set time to try fight the bounty laying in wait.

I like it. Now we just require a good, solid following and the three people to run things. I'd do so but I become easily side tracked which leads to me forgetting lol.

Yaguar

I like it. Now we just require a good, solid following and the three people to run things. I'd do so but I become easily side tracked which leads to me forgetting lol.

I'd be willing to help out and manage bits but I'm not sure I'd offer to run it all. Could be easy enough to run but /shrug. In crunch time so my free time is limited meaning I wouldn't be a great person to put in charge.

Crext

Standard Donor
Done! COME ON BOUNTY HUNTER SYSTEM!
EDIT: Even noted I'd be willing to pay for it as an addon feature. Not sure everyone will agree but it's a lot better than Momiji's DLC so far and I bought that...

I am waiting for the "complete packs" for the costumes. Are they not giving those out anymore? Oh well, GJ at spaming TK! xD

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD