How do you get out of a throw mid sequence?

Moritsuna

Hi , I was wondering what button do you press to get out off a throw? Is it the throw button also? (For example, milas takedown into her armbar)

And if you are mila is there a way to set it up so that you will always get the armbar no matter what the opponent does?

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
Not all throws are breakable. But to break out of breakable throws you just press the throw button X(Playstation), or A(xbox), or F+P(The throw command) at the right timing when the words "combo throw" pops up on screen.

Moritsuna

Alright thanks. I'll look out for the combo throw pop up, but do you know if I can make it so that it's really hard to break out of my throw? Or is it true that if my opponent gets the timing right all the time, he will break out of my throw without fail? And does this make grappler characters weaker?

RhythmikDesigns

Can you tell me why do you have to press hold in order to break Lisa's combo throw? (at least on PS, haven't tested on xbox)

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
Alright thanks. I'll look out for the combo throw pop up, but do you know if I can make it so that it's really hard to break out of my throw? Or is it true that if my opponent gets the timing right all the time, he will break out of my throw without fail? And does this make grappler characters weaker?

I'm not sure. I think it's usually hard for the defender to break the grab depending on how good you are at completing it. No this does not make grapplers weak since most of there best throws are unbreakable.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor

Both players have the same window to enter the H+P command. The player who presses H+P first wins, and if both players press H+P at the exact same time then the throwing player wins. After knowing that, then the throwing player can guarantee the combo throw if the throwing player presses H+P on the first frame of the throw window.

Moritsuna

Ah that's cool. So does spamming the throw command after mila's takedown work? I was fighting a pai chan user that got up really quick with me spamming my throw button after the takedown. Or is it an exact timing?

Also does this mean that takedown into armbar is alot safer and better than using the punches or knees while the opponent is on the ground?

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Spamming it never works. Not exact timing either, but if you mash the button(s) you won't break (or continue) anything. Worth noting that some throws (Lisa, Hayate, Hayabusa, etc.) can't be broken despite the prompt coming up.

kupo

After knowing that, then the throwing player can guarantee the combo throw if the throwing player presses H+P on the first frame of the throw window.

Is that true for every throw? Say for example Tina's giant swing (46T > 41236T)

SilverKhaos

Not all throws are breakable. But to break out of breakable throws you just press the throw button X(Playstation), or A(xbox), or F+P(The throw command) at the right timing when the words "combo throw" pops up on screen.
Ah that's cool. So does spamming the throw command after mila's takedown work? I was fighting a pai chan user that got up really quick with me spamming my throw button after the takedown. Or is it an exact timing?

Also does this mean that takedown into armbar is alot safer and better than using the punches or knees while the opponent is on the ground?

He forgot to note...you must press it when combo throw comes up before the attacker does. Which is where it gets tricky.

And the armbar isnt safer by itself, its good for mixup to prevent people breaking out, as I think its a different input (button or timing) to break out of the armbar, than it is for the beatdown.

If I'm wrong oh well, never done it myself, i'm the Mila in the match lol.

DR2K

The combo throw text doesn't show up at times, does that mean it was just framed and it ignored the prompt or a glitch?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
If you time it right then the combo throw will only be lit for one frame and 6 other frames of fade-in/fade-out. In many backgrounds you may not even see the combo throw due to that.

And yes, what I stated before happens on any combo throw/hold that is breakable.

RhythmikDesigns

Some combo throws are unbreakables. For example, Lisa´s Deja Vu, Kokoro´s Shinso Kaimon or the (in)famous Izuna Drop

I know that some combo throws are unbreakable, but (most likely an online input lag issue) up until last night I have not been able to break Lisa's shooting star press online. But last night I was finally able to break it but I pressed hold instead of throw. I thought that was kinda weird.

I went to test this in training and you can break it by pressing either hold or throw. So I decide to test some other combo throws and hold also works for breaking with those. Is this new in the DOA series or has it always been like this

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD