How popular IS each character?

Argentus

I don't just mean who uses then but design wise.
.like I know japan just ate up the dlc girls, with just nothing but Marie rose and honoka fan art everywhere now but what about the whole cast?

What's each characters popularity in the west fan base vs the east fan base? Differences in popularity I mean?

Mayor-Of-Mustard

Hmm well in Scotland I have lots of friends who like Hayabusa, Kasumi, Marie and Honoka (surprise surprise), Tina, Alpha. Gen-Fu, Zack and Bayman and MAYBE Hitomi and Rig.
Oh and my mum's friend has a crush on Bass.

And the last time I saw that DOAX3 poll in Europe, Tina was ahead of Kasumi

UpSideDownGRUNT

Yeah in EU /UK, Tina, Nyo, Marie, Christie and Ayane are very popular even Momiji a little. Popular guys are Rig, Jann Lee, Hayabusa and Hayate.

My personal Top 5 girls design wise are Hitomi, Ayane, Momiji, Mila and Nyo.

I will only like Ein and Hayabusa.

Mayor-Of-Mustard

My top 5 fave girls descending are Mila, Helena, Alpha, Lisa and Phase (weird list ano but it changes everyday)
Top 5 dudes also descending is Rig, Bayman, Raidou, Gen and Eliot.

I have such a weird list omfg

Boogie

in the south amongst the african american gamer community: the ninjas + lisa and rig are the most popular. and by ninjas i mean hayabusa, ayane and raidou mostly.

rig and bayman are hella popular the gay/yaoi community. ive read so many fanfictions, the only hetero pairing i've seen with rig has been with phase 4.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
in the south amongst the african american gamer community: the ninjas + lisa and rig are the most popular.
As someone from the South and a fellow African American, I can agree that the ninjas and Lisa are popular. However, I disagree that Rig is amongst that demographic. When I attended Final Round and saw people playing casuals, everyone had a Zack. Even my friend, when he was picking up DOA5LR was starting out with Lisa and Zack before focusing on Helena for some odd reason. I will say that Lisa and Zack are popular amongst African American gamers is because they're the only Black characters represented in the game, but they also are very similar in terms of play style, favoring heavy mix up style game play to confuse (and disrespect) opponents.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD