How powerful should Ryu become?

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Ryu since his appearance in NG1 has slowly but steadily increasing his strength and skills.his speed has gone from short dashes to multiple full screen teleports, clumsily swinging 100lb weapons to blocking gigantic swords, summoning fire balls to creating black holes, transforming into a falcon to transforming into a dragon. hes always improving and im curious to see where it will end. i dont think he'll get up to Devil May Cry levels but then again i didn't expect him to be able to block a giant sword. whats your ideas on the subject?

Nameless Sama

Ryu Haybusa died in NG so he came back that I what call strength. Its like you kill him what is almost impossiable but if you kill him he will come back.

Brute

Standard Donor
Strong enough so no ninjas compare to him
Been there; done that.

i dont think he'll get up to Devil May Cry levels
Really? Don't get me wrong here, I'm a big DMC fan, but beyond Dante's near-invulnerability (compared to Ryu's canon resurrection?), what is it exactly that puts Ryu below them? His swordsmanship and hand-to-hand combat skills are no doubt on par; his ninpo magic can compete or even overshadow most of the Demon/Weapon powers and styles in DMC (Quicksilver may be a problem, but you could add in Ryu's Time Stop function. Ryu can also move incredibly fast, and may be able to fight through the duration of quicksilver on his own). His weaponry easily compares; his acrobatics are at least on par, if not higher; his speed is, again, insane. And, as evidenced by NG3, he is strong as fuck and can rival the strengths demonstrated by Dante (Nero's Arm is another issue, but even with that advantage Dante was able to toss Nero around like a bitch, so obviously it's not a huge obstacle if you excel in other areas).

Honestly, I think Ryu could at least go toe-to-toe with the DMC cast, if not win.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Ryu can't really do anything while time is stopped though, his resurrection although impressive also seemed to take at least a day and that was from relatively small wound in comparison , then You have Dante and Vergil fighting so fast their blades moved fast enough to keep the rain out, and the fact they play with bullets. I haven't really seen Ryu perform nearly the same feats. Sure Ryu could teleport behind them but Dante's reaction speed would shut him down.

Brute

Standard Donor
then You have Dante and Vergil fighting so fast their blades moved fast enough to keep the rain out,
Ryu can move his arms so fast that he creates gusts of wind which can literally rip people's limbs off. Pretty sure that's faster than either Dante or Vergil can move.

and the fact they play with bullets.
Hayabusa has demonstrated on multiple occasions that he can dodge bulletfire.

I haven't really seen Ryu perform nearly the same feats.
You must not be playing the Ninja Gaiden games, then.

AkaShocka

I want to see the fight of Ryu vs Vincent Valentine. Momiji already got owned by Nanime so I hope Ryu wins against Vincent or at least puts up some type of fight.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Monty is too busy with that shitty RWBY show to continue it

I'm in the NG section no shit it's a Ryu topic

Brute as much as I love discussing, I'm done talking to a brick wall when it comes to this

SilverForte

I can't really get into the dmc debate cause I haven't played any of the games.

As for Ryu, I would of course love to see him get stronger, as to what limit I dunno, his strength is primarily based off spiritual power so who knows how strong he could get.

Nameless Sama

@Qween Ryu is just too badass. How can people dont like him you know. Ryu needs his Flying Swallow in DOA. I really miss it.

pussydestroyer69

People are underestimating Ryu too much

He has killed Gods, come back from the dead, fell thousands of feet from the air. Like it was nothing

He has bullet time, moves at lighting speed, can adapt to anything, can move 100lbs weapons insanely fast and not to mention move quick enough to dodgebullets coming from multiple directions, he can intercept any attack, tons of ninpo, he can create multiple images of himself, can take a rocket to the face, it just keeps going

Not to mention he had to be nerfed so hard in Doa so he can be on par with the rest of the cast, he would destroy all them at the same time with ease, except the ninjas they are his friends :)

Ryu is to awesome

Nameless Sama

Gill well done said !

Topic: If Ryu gets a mid Kick CB and his flying swallow back ! Sorry guys ........ but I must say to the opponents sayonara. The most opponents dont use the mid hold kick after critical stun (red) against ryu becuase he hasnt so good mid launcher. Do you can imagine how many option we will get If ryu gets a mid Kick CB. ! This is fatality for them. Rig , Alpha , Ayane , Zack for example have two CB ! Why not give it to ryu too. Ryu should become the strength he earns. The people should give him at least some attention like he does in NG.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD