How to practice with grapplers?

Jenks3

I posted this in another thread a bit ago, but I think it deserves its own thread. What is a good way to practice grapple characters? Against the computer you can't bait holds and such, so I'm having a really hard time actually using grapple character to grapple. Usually I end up having to spam strikes :p The computer is fine, it just doesn't act like a human would (Which is what grapplers take advantage of I assume).

Any advice?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Look for deep stuns that last awhile. The grapplers will generally be playing a more poke heavy game as their strings don't generally work well with the stun game. Of course, this is mainly my reference from Bass as I'm sure Tina is more string heavy.

Either way, you'll be looking for stuns that have a long animation and so you'll be able to get the timing and 'feel' down for when an opponent will and won't hold from the stun. Long stuns can also allow you to set up offensive holds or charge throws to grab the player as they're coming out of stun.

In training mode, learn your timings for combo throws. They can be guaranteed with the proper timing. Set the AI to break them as fast as they can and you'll find that timing.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD