Community How's DoA5:LR on the PC?

GLoRToR

I'm looking at buying it but reviews are "mixed". I typically do not listen to randoms about games but it costs a hefty price even without the DLC... so I want to hear what actual players have to say about it.

Discuss!

SoftCabbage

Depend on your view as a gamer, really.

Pros:
- Additional hair styles and more costumes from previous DLC as unlockables
- Active modding community. Don't agree with the overpriced DLC offered in packs? No more worries
- Enhance-able visual with plugin(s)
- Nude mods, if you feel you need to use your third analog stick
- F*ck whatever blind KT fanboys gonna say, modding community will keep walking forward

Cons:
- Precisely needs i7
- No new stages
- No soft engine
- Online is still in beta mode and most likely wonky. But isn't it always wonky in any platform? lol

GLoRToR

Incorrect. It's been found that i5s also run perfectly fine, even i3s have as well. Even my laptop can run the game at 55 fps at 1024x768 and it's not a gaming laptop.
Nice to see you again, man.
Damn, it's been an eternity. I do talk to Alex and the guys but UGH. Life is being lifey at me.

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
Incorrect. It's been found that i5s also run perfectly fine, even i3s have as well. Even my laptop can run the game at 55 fps at 1024x768 and it's not a gaming laptop.

Yeah, I can run the game on 1920x1080 resolution, shadows and no antialising on my i5 as well.

Well, @GLoRToR , it really depends on what you're looking for. If you want to play online with friends, you might be better of not buying it for now because the online beta (even though it runs fine) does not offer good opportunities for matchmaking due to missing lobby features and ranked only. And I personally lost faith that TN is still going to add the former. In addition, the player base is significantly smaller as on PS4 for example.

If you're just looking for a fine little and good looking fighter for yourself or some fun local matches with neighborhood friends, then you could buy it. As long as you don't necessarily need stuff like advanced breast physics and skin graphics (which actually make zero difference due to antialising), destroyable clothes or particle effects. From a technical point of view, I would say it's running pretty good and feels smoother as on consoles in general.

The game works pretty well and with the latest beta online is pretty stable and it has a good amount of players already in there, it's also updated to the latest game version,however it's only ranked so if you're looking for lobbies then you're out of luck

Ooobe

reviews are mixed because people reviewed what they wanted and didn't get / TK's treatment of PC gamers and non-communication rather than the game. It is frustrating to be missing out on new stages and features, but what's there plays better than console afaic

GLoRToR

That's bad news allover. I really hope they'll deliver.
I'm sick of games sucking these days.
Thanks, fellas.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
You know u can always try the game before buy :) if u know what i mean

You obviously mean purchase the game and try it out in under 2 hours so you can request a refund if you don't like it. right?

GLoRToR

I know, I'm planning to do that when it goes to 50% or under next.

So, is it possible to invite your friend privately or is there literally only ranked in the pc version?

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
So, is it possible to invite your friend privately or is there literally only ranked in the pc version?
Only ranked at this time, and it's believed that they won't be implementing lobby or simple match.

GLoRToR

Oh no, I'll be getting it on Steam next time it's -90%

Only ranked at this time, and it's believed that they won't be implementing lobby or simple match.
Why would they reduce their reputation with an unfinished product and overpriced dlc though?
I dare hope they'll fix friend invites at least..

Last edited by a moderator:

CumuluZ

Standard Donor
Why would they reduce their reputation with an unfinished product and overpriced dlc though?
I dare hope they'll fix friend invites at least..
Why are we saying the DLCs are overpriced? They are optional and don't affect the gameplay. Although I'd prefer if they were much cheaper, I wouldn't call them overpriced. Now the season pass on consoles are actually decent deals compare to if you were to buy the packs separately.

The only issue I have with the DLC on Steam is that they are sold in bundles only. That is just silly.

GLoRToR

Why are we saying the DLCs are overpriced? They are optional and don't affect the gameplay. Although I'd prefer if they were much cheaper, I wouldn't call them overpriced. Now the season pass on consoles are actually decent deals compare to if you were to buy the packs separately.

The only issue I have with the DLC on Steam is that they are sold in bundles only. That is just silly.
I call it overpriced because I have to pay a huge amount of money for a bundle of costumes which I potentially might not need.
It's like these people have no idea how to market their product.
If I were in charge, I'd make the game have 1 costume and 1 colour variant for 2P.
All other costumes would be unlockable via achievements that take a LOT of grinding. Like 100,1000,10000 wins ranked or something similarly challenging, and then put them on the market for whatever the concurrent dlc price charts suggest on the market. Bundle and each, too.

Essentially what they're doing is encouraging modders and discouraging purchase with those bundles.

Nameless Sama

What ? No Online Lobby possiblities ? That would explain why the PC version has no online lobby achivements ->http://steamcommunity.com/stats/311730/achievements

I have created a steam account for nothing just wanted to play with friends on the PC ..... What did they do in these 6 (or longer maybe ) months ?

I have some questions before cracking .....

1. Why does it exactly mean " partial controller support " ? Does it mean that I cant use a PS3/360 controller for this ?
2. How is the online play ?
3. When you play Online -> Do you have the possibility to play Tag ?
4. Does somebody has recorded gameplays with his PC ? If yes which program do you use ?

Last edited:

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
1. Why does it exactly mean " partial controller support " ? Does it mean that I cant use a PS3/360 controller for this ?

I guess that means not all controllers will work. If they work, the button mapping might not be as it used to be on consoles. I heared players saying they use the PS3/360 controllers but you might have to install additional 3rd party drivers to get them working.

2. How is the online play ?

Good. In most cases, you will either be able to play it very fluently, or you will usually run into a network error that results in canceling the match which hurts neither particpant. There are not that man players around though. And you surely won't be able find all of them.

3. When you play Online -> Do you have the possibility to play Tag ?

Yeah, you can play ranked tag matches as well.

4. Does somebody has recorded gameplays with his PC ? If yes which program do you use ?

I just did a recording test while playing online yesterday. I used bandicam, which is pretty simple and works fine for me.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD