I Am The Shadow... The True Self... [General Discussion]

DriftSlave

The only difference is they don't have gloves
If it helps, Phase-4 has different boots(they are molded in the spandex suit) and overall different two-tone design v.s. the training dummy alts.

The cloak makes it look less stupid imo, But It's a nice contrast with Phase-4's default being Black/Red and Kasumi's being White/Blue.

I think Phase-4 is going to revolve around teleporting in her neutral game as alot of her moves are already unsafe and pretty predictable so it's like...you might as well teleport, at least then you have better options/rewards than just getting throw punished for your troubles. To be honest, it's really nice to just watch Phase-4 be played well.

synce

Actually right now the only safe move from her 'teleports' is 3P+K,P (-4) which is a long range but relatively slow high punch that probably doesn't even track. IMO with P4 you'll only get as far as your spacing and punishment skills will take you.

Online is going to be interesting with her, because the timing on the 2- and 3-in-one transitions will be hell, but on the other hand the lag will help with her delays and lack of safety.

David Gregg

Kind of late in the game here but I was watching some of the recent vids and it looks like combos are going to be a pain in closed areas the way some of P4's moves knock her opponents back. I'm sure though like MR (who you change BT H+K, KKK to BT H+K, PP6PK against a wall) there are damaging combos that will still work.

PMS_Akali

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Premium Donor
If it helps, Phase-4 has different boots(they are molded in the spandex suit) and overall different two-tone design v.s. the training dummy alts.

Oh, I thought the boots looked a little different. And those players were doing pretty good in her neutral game with teleports it looked like. Saw some great baits with the teleports. Similar to how Kasumi can bait. The rest just looks like Kasumi stun game. And I know it was confirmed, but it was nice to finally see her Hoshinpo being used from neutral. Love that move a lot. That way she won't be completely useless against turtling.

hollow

Does anyone know if there's a way to pick which stance you go into after you do a teleport transition, or is it fixed? People always go into Hoshinpo after 3P, so I was wondering.
to me looked as tho certain moves allowed her to teleport up & teleport straight. So it's probably fixed.

Klts3

I start thinking that we may get Phase 4 in this month, as:
- TN accepted P4's costume for the contest
- we're getting a new game update in April.

PMS_Akali

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Premium Donor
I start thinking that we may get Phase 4 in this month, as:
- TN accepted P4's costume for the contest
- we're getting a new game update in April.
That would be amazing, but it feels too soon. They did say she would get released faster if there was enough demand. So hopefully.

hollow

That would be amazing, but it feels too soon. They did say she would get released faster if there was enough demand. So hopefully.
Plus she's not marie she's didn't have to be made from scratch. Just altered from kasumi and some copy and pasting from alpha so imagine it wouldn't take nearly as much time.

PMS_Akali

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Premium Donor
Plus she's not marie she's didn't have to be made from scratch. Just altered from kasumi and some copy and pasting from alpha so imagine it wouldn't take nearly as much time.
Oh, that's true. She's already made lol.

hollow

Found this too.

The Phase-4's here are not as strong seen in the UStream footage but it's some interesting things to see nonetheless
So she had 6 costumes to start off with but 3 of them are recolors.. I hope to god they don't give her the same No-DLC fate as Alpha, please TN treat her like kasumi where the bitch has enough costume changes to rival Barbie ._.

synce

Well there's really nothing more to share since she's already out in arcades, it's just a waiting game for console release (I'm thinking late May)

Klts3

Have you guys seen how high P4 is jumping when she does 8T? This shit beats probably every move in the game!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD