I Am The Shadow... The True Self... [General Discussion]

Chapstick

I managed to do tenfu T on the AI in the lab from 6PK. Set the stagger escape to fastest and when you do 6PK delay the teleport as long as you can and then delay the throw as well.

Edit- I also got it to work on fast

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
I think a +1 or something small like that guard break from her teleport strikes would create an interesting situation for her if you just tried to sit back and block she would just stack advantage with each strike, it's possible we never saw the hit connect.

synce

P4 definitely needs some frame advantage. If they gave her some along with teleport on block she could be beastly, as she should be given her higher execution

And thanks chapstick. If anyone doesn't like the costume that's ok too, I'm not offended

Reactions: J2S

Zero Beat

I like the costume aside from the boob armor, though I think the boob armor looks better in the clip than it does in the concept art. The broken shackles and torn up clothing makes it look like she tried to escape from MIST, which given what little we know of Phase 4 as a character would fit, like she temporarily broke out of whatever mind control is being used to keep her under MIST's control.

Chapstick

Oh something strange I found in a fight- I managed to crush a low wake up kick with 33P. :confused: I'm sure she can do it against mid WU kicks but I haven't checked yet.

Chapstick

I've been told in the past Kasumi's 33P has the same crushing abilities as Ayane's 4P and this of course would extend to Phase 4. The input is more awkward, it's slower, and has no followups though.

Hmm a followup on it like the second punch in P+KP could be interesting and set her apart from Kasumi a little.

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
If you crush a wakeup-kick, you should usually get a counterhit which means decent juggle height. Shouldn't you be able to land PP6PK or 6PK as followup at least?

Splendidsafe

Hi all. I recently decided to play P4 again so I wanted confirmation on something. My friend told me P4 has force techs and pseudo-force techs. Is this true? I've been able to do a few pseudo however I have no knowledge of actual force tech. Thanks.

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
I admit I have no idea what makes the difference between a "real" force tech and a pseudo force tech, but to list up some moves that can force your opponent up:

:2::H+K:

:6::K::2::K:

:P+K::P:, also as direct juggle ender

:6::H+K::2::K:

:9::K: (done twice)

Tenfu :K: in certain conditions, e.g. after grounding them with 6PK at the threshold. You can test this easily with doing 6PP 6PP 6PK ~ Tenfu K.

Chapstick

A true force tech is Kasumi's 66PP~P+K against a BT opponent. They absolutely cannot avoid getting forced up. A pseudo is like that Phase 4 thing I posted in the combo thread (I couldn't decide whether to post it there or here lol) where you stun them then use 6K twice in a row and delay the 2K followup several frames on the second 6K. If they tech roll they can avoid it.

Zero Beat

The on block 66K~P+K Tenfu should work like faster version of Ryu's Ongyoin 8P/K/T. Good against people with slow reaction speed, but eaten alive by sidesteps. The punch takes 12 frames, the throw 15, and the kick 23, plus the frames for the cancel itself (Anyone have this info? It looks like it's in the 4-8 frame range).

Saber

Not really a crush, just a move that out-prioritizes the mid WUK given correct timing. I personally use 33K or 9K since, with practice, take out both WUKs and launches on CH.

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
It can be a crush because it crouches some highs and jumping attacks like Hayates 3H+K for example. However, in given situation you are right.

phoenix1985gr

the funny thing is that its a high and i would guess that during the wake up animation we - they are considered crouching so how did it hit? i never managed to outprioritize with a high before

Zero Beat

The outprioritizing a high might have something to do with Chifu having a few frames of crouch status, though I could be wrong about that. It can also be used to dodge throws.

BTW, her reindeer costume has texture issues on the skirt, seems to be related to shadow textures due to the texture changing according to the lighting.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD