Characters "....I cannot let you pass!" Naotora Ii for beginners Guide|LR Ver.

Dark-truth

For more variety I guess, that's what I use for, she's a great break from Kasumi, Phase, Marie, and Ein, and she's great at controlling space and whiff punishing which I love. ♡_♡
I have enough variety with those 5 Naotora isn't even that good of a character

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Lol Raidou is my sub though XD

Yaaay jaimy deserves a cookie :) ^~^
Nao's mine too XP But don't take what I said literally, I know everyone is good, I was just stating from what I think of him based on what i find in a character, everyone views a fighter differently

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Could she be viable as a tournament character. I play offline so, I'm probably gonna take the next 2 months to master her, or better yet fully grasp her.
Everyone is viable at tournament level :-D But seriously, just be aware that she is a skillgate character and is very linear and predictable, you really have to be careful when playing as her, but the damage output is well worth it.

Everyone is viable at tournament level :-D But seriously, just be aware that she is a skillgate character and is very linear and predictable, you really have to be careful when playing as her, but the damage output is well worth it.
I'm used to characters like Leifang/Phase-4, so I'll be cautious lol. Plus I feel as if she leans toward defensiveness because even though she has mixups, a skilled Leifang could shut her down.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I'm used to characters like Leifang/Phase-4, so I'll be cautious lol. Plus I feel as if she leans toward defensiveness because even though she has mixups, a skilled Leifang could shut her down.
I wouldn't say she's a defensive character, she has pretty mediocre holds and throws aside from 66T, and her kicks are definitely rapid enough to not suppress with defensive measures. I personally see her as a spacing character who can dominate at close range with hold baiting and mix ups, but she can also fall back, space, and whiff punish like no one's business, and trust me she's gonna need space with some of her slower telegraphed attacks or if she's fighting someone who will eat her up raw with their expert holds. Overall, play her how you see fit, but just don't expect the best defense from her, as you won't really need it if you pressure and overwhelm the opponent, kinda like Christie. Plus, Lei's holds will be pretty irrelevant as long as you bait her holds out and retaliate with 66T, that's what I do in that situation.

I wouldn't say she's a defensive character, she has pretty mediocre holds and throws aside from 66T, and her kicks are definitely rapid enough to not suppress with defensive measures. I personally see her as a spacing character who can dominate at close range with hold baiting and mix ups, but she can also fall back, space, and whiff punish like no one's business, and trust me she's gonna need space with some of her slower telegraphed attacks or if she's fighting someone who will eat her up raw with their expert holds. Overall, play her how you see fit, but just don't expect the best defense from her, as you won't really need it if you pressure and overwhelm the opponent, kinda like Christie. Plus, Lei's holds will be pretty irrelevant as long as you bait her holds out and retaliate with 66T, that's what I do in that situation.
Thanks so much for the advice, but can you help me understand how Force Techs and Unblockables are found?

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Thanks so much for the advice, but can you help me understand how Force Techs and Unblockables are found?
Sure! FTs are attacks that hit your opponent when they're on the ground, for instance 2K and 2P are both FTs. A neat way to see if it's a light or hard FT is to go to arcade and KO, your opponent. If you hit them with a FT attack that is light, it'll simply kick them around, and you'll have to do the move twice in succession to get them back up. If it's a heavy FT, the opponent will grab their stomach or arch their back awkwardly, this means you'll only have to use that attack once to get them up. The 4H+K is a good example of a heavy one.

If you meant unholdables, these are attacks that can not be held at all if they tech up, since holds require a frame or more to initiate. They can only guard these attacks since it takes 0i to guard. To find these, go to training mode and set your opponent to tech up or tech roll and their reaction is to hold the hit level of the attack you want to test. If they can hold it, it is not unholdable. I hope this helps :)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD