DOA5U "I have no choice, but to fight!" Kasumi's Gameplay DOA5U discussion

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
To avoid messy threads, & to keep the full breakdown list organized, & looking forward to what she has in the next build, this is a discussion, preparing for it.

She still will be that pure rushdown character.

The newest edition to the mechanics besides the power blow & critical burst is the power launcher. Some ideas came to mind for power launching juggles to work. The biggest concern that I have with the power launcher is how high could she keep them in the air. We'll list some juggles that come to mind soon. She has a new 46T which almost works as Hitomi's 6T, 33T is now 12i (68 NH, 102 CH) with the range of it being shorter. She has her wall Punch, 7P from DOA3 back where she jumps off & dashes (like 33T) when near the wall. H+K is still turn-around on CH or HCH only for now, but the stun that may give her the 6K launcher still, but no word on 6H+K's stun. 3KK is now a turn-around stun.

Also, she has a new 66KK (SDS) a 66K follow-up, going to the ground, giving a ground bind (bound state) and a follow-up of 7K > 6P+K > KK. Right now I'm thinking what juggles could work: PP6P6KK, 7K > 6P+K > KK, 33P > 2P > 7K, 33P > 2P > 4PKK etc.

Here goes a video (s) to help further explain this:​

In the 2nd video with the combo demand, you can see that her new 66KK & the bound state (may be a different input to the original) with 3P going into a CB. 9PK bound state that follows up with a potential combo (6P+K > KK was shown). Maybe now 9PK has been changed to a mid k & can be used as a follow up with a combo off of 236T, 1T, 46H & possibly 1H depending on the height of the ground bounce from the hold.There's also the new 66KK (may be a different input to the original) going into a CB.

In the 3rd video (props & shout outs goes to Nameless Sama for recording this vid), you'll see the 3PKK 2P 4PKK combo. You will also see after the original 66KK that 33P does work on the bound. The PPK 6K launch combo is also shown. Overall, this is a video showing a bit more possible combos in the game that could be done. Some of them may just be for show.

Discuss Kasumi's gameplay & ideas that come to mind for Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate. If there's more info that I have, I will edit the post in order to keep folks updated on where we are as Kasumi players at this point.

If anybody has either AIM or Skype, I was going to have a "Kasumi Skype Group" & a "Kasumi AIM Group" made so we can do findings, discuss strats, & help with the threads as we go. Something to think about if you want to.

Last edited by a moderator:

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Yeah it is. Looks like it's done out of her 66PP guard break. I'm curious to see what I can do from it, too.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Oh! Yeah. That looks like it's gonna be fun as well. I just hope they don't take away her H+K turn around. That change would make me sick to my stomach. I doubt they will though. I seen it where in the E3 stream for DOA5U tag it didn't but tag & singles are different.

Yoosee

some information from a player in japan
new
46T : 7F throw, +10, after throw, kasumi' P doensn't reach opponent cuz it's little bit far. but 6P can reach
66KK : fastest input after 66K. he says you can use it mashing K button. kasumi knock down opponent and get some combo. 7K(need some dash), 4PKK, 33P..some else. from back-hit, there's no combo cuz they just normal knock down. and it has wall hit.
wall orboro : using wall, mid P, guard break
power launcher : 33P+K, seems like back 4P

change
H+K : no back_turn-stun
6H+K : no back_turn-stun
3PKK : first K is now change to 4K not 6H+K. so the variation changed to 3PK2K, 3PKK to 3PKK, 3PKP
same also at PPP
3KK : back-turn stun! but i don't know which part of 3KK is back-turn.
4PK : the second K normal hit motion changed to counter 6K hit motion. and it means no combo after normal hit.
9PT : like 9T
3P+K : you can 9P and 9P+K. you have to input direction and button.

i'll post more as soon as get new info about kasumi.
opps i made a mistake while writing new 46T. i fix it;

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
I see some good & some bad in that info. We have to keep in mind that the builds tend to change overtime. I remember around this same time, they were giving her hell about "Oh she's unsafe, & she seems like she's all mixups" then when the game was released, all that noise was killed at NEC. Only 1 way to find out though. I hope they give us some kind of info of the moves on the official website.

SchwarzPhy

After fooling around in training the 3KK back turn stun might be useful. The first K is safe on block and the second K can't be blocked if the first K hits, the opponent has to hold it. That could be used for some interesting setups for punishing the hold or getting some good guaranteed damage if the opponent doesn't hold.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
3PK is/was a turn around stun in this build & if they didn't slow escape it, 6K was there for the launch. Maybe that's something to consider too.

Yoosee

i heard that ninken(famous japaness player) has helped balance in doa5UT.
and many of char has nerfed so far. for example ayane 3H+K, lefinag's mid K hold and etc...
at the end, i mean after release DOA5UT, kasumi may not seriously nerfed than we expect. and i hope so.

Chaos

i heard that ninken(famous japaness player) has helped balance in doa5UT.
and many of char has nerfed so far. for example ayane 3H+K, lefinag's mid K hold and etc...
at the end, i mean after release DOA5UT, kasumi may not seriously nerfed than we expect. and i hope so.
TN is so obsessed of nerfing shit.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Yeah I know, right? -__-. They should've just buffed the ones that really needed it & left the ones who didn't alone. A few new moves wouldn't hurt obviously, but if it wasn't necessary, then the time you spend giving those characters new moves/tools could be spent on a character that needs some serious buffs.

But like I said before, it may not be as bad we're all making it out to be. We'll just have to wait & see.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
I'm gonna have fun using 46T. It's almost the same as Hitomi's Throw with the knee. I also have an idea of the power launcher juggles.

Yoosee

some more information from 6.23 DOA5UT demo in japan.
it's from 'Shinobi' who is famous korean player live in Japan.

general change
by hayashi, you can customize BGM among DOA2U, DOA3 and DOA4. they put all BGM in DOA5UT.
total hp : 270 > 300 (return to 1.02)
hold damage increased
(especially at Counter and Hi-Counter and char who weak hold damage (like Lig) hold damege increased)
low hold recovery frame increased to 40F
many force tech has removed
online lobby environment

kasumi change
1. now oboro chaged to normal 12F Throw. 17F 67dmg to 12F 68dmg
2. near wall 7P : +3, GB, midP (looks like wall oboro)
3. new appeal 646H+P+K (kasumi says "i'm sorry")
4. after 3H, now kasumi move to behind opponent's back more closely.
5. second K of 9KK bound enemy when hit above Counter (not 100% correct info.)
6. 9PK now down opponent like new 66KK above Counter
7. 7K-P+K looks more unstable at Combo. no more ground hit, no more force tech
8. find 3KK > 6K > PKK7K at Combo Training. but don't know it's guaranteed.
after 3KK, 66P can be guard when opponent SE

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
I don't understand why they keep changing her around. She didn't need to be touched. There was NO reason to take neither one of those moves away. They had already taken away her 4H+K 3H+K from the previous build & that didn't even need to be touched. H+K doesn't do turn around along with 6H+K now. That's 2 legit moves in her gameplan that's gone & have to work around if it's gone. 3KK > 6K sounds awkward as fuck. H+K > 6K wasn't even a move they should've thought about touching.

It seems like they're aiming for more mix-up game with the entire thing, anyway & if that's the case, that's just gonna loop more 50/50 situations, forcing people to guess a lot more than what we already have to now. Only worse. I'm not even being biased because that means that all characters would be doing this.

Oh well, just have to work with what she has. The game's not even out yet. It may just be she's getting all-new setups. So I'm not gonna jump the gun just yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

SchwarzPhy

It seems like Team Ninja wants to turn her into a grappler without the throw speed advantages. The way it is now her good guaranteed setups seem to be off of 66T and 236T.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Her mixups & launchers should definitely still be there. If they're not, then something is terribly wrong lol

EDIT: I'm updating the OP. We got more info.

It seems like the direction that they're taking with her is from DOA4. No word of her jabbing frames (9i) or anything like that. She has 33T & it's 12 frames, does 68 NH 102 counter.

XxSakuraLuvaxX

...WOW. I had to forward that stuff to a couple friends, took a long time with so many changes. I'd just like to know what her input for her doa5 66KK is.. I'll still stay with Kasumi no matter what! :)

Is it possible for any gameplay/walkthrough of changes? I won't care if it's japanese, I just want to see the frame data, inputs, visuals, to prepare etc.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD