I m looking for the Hayabusa noob kit.

Seyluun

Hello,
I'm a 2d, new school ("anime") fighters player looking to expend his horizon. My total experience of DOA is about 50 hours of casual DOA 1/2 with friends, ten years ago. I watched the system tutorial made by Emper0r c0w carefully, and decided to pick hayabusa because he seems to be very balanced with a lot of tools in all the area of the game. So I'm now looking for a little help in the following area:
- good moves in neutral
- the bnbs they lead to
- baby's first blockstrings/mixups
If anyone is kind enough to take the time to write even a short answer (just the notation would do really, i ll figure the rest myself), it ll be a good help. Thanks in advance.

MajesticBlue

Look at the Top 10 moves thread.

As far as juggles and stuff go he is pretty basic. Use either PP4PK or 8P qcfT. On higher launches he can get PP4P F qcfT. On a counter hit 4K you can get off PPP. When in doubt you can always just go for the qcfT.
His wall game can be condensed into. Frame trap (4PK) > wall splat move (like 3PPP) > PP4PK, qcfT or 3PPP.

You can practice juggles by going into the training mode options and set the counters to always. It makes everything you do a counter hit. Use that to look for launchers and get juggles down.

GLoRToR

I'm currently shitting bricks over his 236P+K,P,P,360T.
How. The. Hell. Do you. Put that throw in. With a 5 frame window.
Questionmark.

Got Shoho, now with Senko-izuna counter hold combo. Odd shit is, I input it and he does the combo but the command training wont trigger his next move. Won't accept it.

JaySmileys

Questionmark.

Got Shoho, now with Senko-izuna counter hold combo. Odd shit is, I input it and he does the combo but the command training wont trigger his next move. Won't accept it.

You might be pressing grab too early, or didn't input it. When it says Combo hold you should press X after you inputted the circle whatever command. Also the Senko-Izuna has a fairly strict timing than regular Izuna

GLoRToR

You might be pressing grab too early, or didn't input it. When it says Combo hold you should press X after you inputted the circle whatever command. Also the Senko-Izuna has a fairly strict timing than regular Izuna
Thanks!
I actually figured it out. I went all night repeating until I got the input down. :)

Brute

Standard Donor
Questionmark.
It's easier to do from the Ongyoin, imo. Then you only have to worry about one roll.

Senko-Izuna is fucked, imo. I know there are people here that say "Oh it's easy if you're not a scrub" but if that's true, so be it. I'm a scrub. That goddamn move refuses to register (it is the mid-punch and not high/low one, right?).

MajesticBlue

Yeah, the window is pretty small. It takes some practice to get it down. Btw I have my guide up at ign. It is pretty sugar coated though. When I get a chance I''m gonna bug a mod so I can ask for some dummy posts to get the whole thing to fit here at fsd. Wanna see what people here say and what else people have found. Get some convo going. Is our board the deadest character board lol?

Brute

Standard Donor
Yeah, the window is pretty small. It takes some practice to get it down. Btw I have my guide up at ign. It is pretty sugar coated though. When I get a chance I''m gonna bug a mod so I can ask for some dummy posts to get the whole thing to fit here at fsd. Wanna see what people here say and what else people have found. Get some convo going. Is our board the deadest character board lol?
Remind me Wednesday and I'll have a looksie. Bit bogged down atm.

TakedaZX

the 236T is easy, but I wouldn't say you're a scrub for feeling it's hard. The window is tight so you do gotta practice it. Most of all be calm, the calmer your fingers are when you do it, the better.

X51

I've printed the Super Ninjas' and some of the "best move" but I can't find anything like combo threads. Is there anything like that or this character "just" needs to set the opponent up for any Izuna or a launcher and air throw ender.

Sam Sultan

Best moves to use on a guarding opponent:
4pp,4pk, 6pk, 6kp, 3K+G, 2K+G,6p+k4.p
Best strings:
3ppp,pkk, pp4pk, pp6p4.p, 6P+K4pp.p, 236p+kpp4789632A
Best distance moves:
2p+k6p+k or 6k, 3K+G, 2P+K8k if miss followed by 44, 66k.p
Also use his 5 frame grab and 66A as soon as you see an opening and you want to grab since these are his best grabs.

X51

I was comming here to ask about dealing w/ turtles... Taking notice of what you just posted.

One question about 6P+KPP.P: no onigoin?

MajesticBlue

You deal with turtles the same way you deal with everything else with Ryu. Pretty much just spam guard breaks and make them eat an Izuna or go for a launcher. I wish I could give more advice, the best advice I can really come up with is try and be creative. Guard break into sho Izuna will crush high mids. Blocking opponents are good since you have a chance to go for more damage then the KD I find.

Sam Sultan

I was comming here to ask about dealing w/ turtles... Taking notice of what you just posted.

One question about 6P+KPP.P: no onigoin?
Sorry that was the bad notation what i meant was 6P+K4pp.p As far as fighting turtles goes it is totally wrong to just spam guard breaks. Hayabusa's guard breaks are very slow and you can see them coming from a mile away, not to mention that you can be hit out of them very easily. So it is never a good idea to spam his guard breaks, you might be able to do it against beginners but a good DOA player will make you pay every time you use a guard break. To fight against turtles you need to make sure your spacing game is good enough also you need to make sure you are never to far away to wiff punish. The way i fight turtles is to provoke an attack and as soon as you see an opportunity to wiff punish, punish them with :2::P+K::5: :6::P+K: or :6::K:, :2::P+K::6::P::5: :4: :K: or :6::6::F+P: . This is good to get some little damage, depending on the stage it can sometimes also give big damage.Combining spacing, wiff punishment with just run and grab them does usually the trick for me. After hitting them with a couple of these attacks it usually makes them stop turtling and come at you.
What you shouldn't do against a turtle is just throwing random attacks at them with the hope to hit. This will give them a lot of openings to attack and puts them in great advantage.

MajesticBlue

The way it is his only real tools are his hold and guard breaks, so If I am gonna guess that much I figure I at least better be the one doing the guessing. I agree that spamming them isn't the the best idea but unless you want to throw out unsafe moves that do no damage and give no stun, his risk vs reward is just too messed up. Even though I agree with you that this guard breaks are not very good, I also agree with Ninjacw that they can't stop everything everytime. They can still make you go for your lesser options however.

That is what makes giving advice so for him so hard. You either need to just play a random Ongyoin game or know all your frames and beat them with math. Ryu gets away with murder most of the time. Lots of simple tools can shut him down.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD