I'm not sure how to play online

KiryuKazuma

It's so frustrating, I'm new to DOA in general and when I play online (mainly against Kasumi and Ayane) I have trouble attacking them after my blocks, I main Hitomi and I've been losing every fight so far and only won a small few of them :(

any help would be greatly appreciated

Kasumi feels like a pretty tough match for Hitomi to fight imo, since I'm pretty sure she is faster then her in just about every way. Also Ayane's keep away game is really brutal against Hitomi's short range.

A good tool to get people to back off, or keep them in check is Hitomi's down back P, it's a tracking low that high crushes, down P also but it doesn't have a lot of range. However they can start doing mids which could give you some trouble, but thats when Hitomi's Highs will start taking care of buisness. Hitomi's special punch parry up forward Hold, is also good at turning the tide to your favor. However the biggest thing you need to do in both matches is once you have that slight advantage, is to keep pressuring them until they die. If the situation repeats it's self you've really gotta look for the right moment again to try and beat them out.

Just work on her mix up game, it's her best attribute, but to start it up she needs a hit. Also Hitomi's forward forward K string is a semi great opener against people. Simply because you can start throw pressure, as well as being able to possibly launch from it.

You can go for that if you are able, what I'd try and do if I was you was try to find ways to keep them standing, but keep the pressure on more than anything else. if you can manage to keep mixing them up so they are locked in place slowly forcing their life down little bits at a time. When they start getting reckless because of it, I'd say that is the perfect time to start going for launching combos.

Chaos

Use proper spacing to force your opponent to whiff their attacks especially if they're going bollystic on offense. BTW Hitomi has great speed movement :)

Chaos

Hitomi's :2::3::6::P:, :4::6::P:, :6::h::+::K:, :3::h::+::K: & :2::3::6::K: these moves have good rage & they're very useful if you use them at the right time.

HiguraShiki

Easiest way to play online is to just remember the inputs are going to come out a bit delayed.
Find out the delay of your opponent and hopefully adjust to it.

Murakame

It's so frustrating, I'm new to DOA in general and when I play online mainly against Kasumi.

If the Kasumi player abuses her highs and mids (like me) use Hitomi's Punch parry. It will shut those types players down real good. Also remember Hitomi's 2P gives her +1 frame advantage, so she has a jab that matches Kasumi's after landing it.

Chaos

Okay so what I got from this thread, I should play by punishing my opponents whiffs?

am I right?
That and use Hitomi's fastest jab/kicks to interrupt your opponent attacks. Oh yeah, mix up your moves & try not to be predictable.

DrDogg

I'm sure skill is a factor, but it should be stated that online is VERY laggy whether it appears to be or not. It's pretty much impossible to punish most unsafe attacks, and in some cases those unsafe attacks grant the opponent advantage.

Most people just attack out of disadvantage online and there isn't much you can do about it.

KiryuKazuma

Can I play the same way offline?

EDIT: Ugh okay, I'm sorry for all the questions but tell me if this is a good idea after hitomi's punch parry I can go for pp4ppp?

SilverKhaos

I'm sure skill is a factor, but it should be stated that online is VERY laggy whether it appears to be or not. It's pretty much impossible to punish most unsafe attacks, and in some cases those unsafe attacks grant the opponent advantage.

Most people just attack out of disadvantage online and there isn't much you can do about it.

No kidding...in that match with you i just had, several times I tried to do milas kick to tackle (where she punts them in the gut then does the mount), but the lag made it skip the input for the kick entirely, so "kick>tackle" read as a standing grab. I just flat give up trying to fight seriously when that crap happens.

Just wasted effort to even try when it lags that bad.

DrDogg

No kidding...in that match with you i just had, several times I tried to do milas kick to tackle (where she punts them in the gut then does the mount), but the lag made it skip the input for the kick entirely, so "kick>tackle" read as a standing grab. I just flat give up trying to fight seriously when that crap happens.

Just wasted effort to even try when it lags that bad.

I don't remember the match specifically, but even in 5-bars the lag is terrible. You can't play this game at a competitive level online.

TakedaZX

I don't remember the match specifically, but even in 5-bars the lag is terrible. You can't play this game at a competitive level online.
This.

Online makes some characters appear dumber than they are. Online Kokoro seems to be beyond safe and unpunishable, but offline, while she is safe than most, you can easily work against her especially if they love to attack at disadvantage. Same goes for Lisa, Brad, and Helena. They're tough but not flawless.

I'd say give it time and keep improving. You'll get there.

KiryuKazuma

half my matches today have been against Kasumi's they hit too fast that I don't even bother holding them because I don't even know if a punch or kick will come after their strings

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD