In Need of Advice or Help(Serious)

Gruff757

Standard Donor
Okay so, I have a problem that I was thinking about (and was going through) on the way and back from TFC.

I have a seriously bad habit of falling asleep while in a car, driving or not. I've been dealing with this since I was a kid, but it really got to me this time around since I had a number of close calls that could have become dire to my, and someone else's health.

Could anyone who has the same problem or something similar to it help me out here? I really want to attend more majors, but not if I have to worry about getting myself or someone else killed on the way.

AkaShocka

Okay so, I have a problem that I was thinking about (and was going through) on the way and back from TFC.

I have a seriously bad habit of falling asleep while in a car, driving or not. I've been dealing with this since I was a kid, but it really got to me this time around since I had a number of close calls that could have become dire to my, and someone else's health.

Could anyone who has the same problem or something similar to it help me out here? I really want to attend more majors, but not if I have to worry about getting myself or someone else killed on the way.
:eek:. This may seem silly but it might work, you ever tried those 5 hour energy things? I never did but my friend told me they work just fine. You should try that out. If that doesn't work, you may have to see a doctor.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Make sure your seat isn't reclined at all and that your legs aren't fully extended (move your seat closer to the pedals). You might be inadvertently relaxing yourself too much while driving. Locking your knees when they're extended can also cause you to pass out. Loud music can help too.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Rare footage of Awesmic actuallly being serious coming your way...

3 years ago, during the summer, I had a similar scenario, except I was actually awake. I had my share of food and sufficient rest, a fair amount of sugar in my diet, and had my mind off racing games. Mind you, this is the advice I can best give you about driving and I recommend you dedicate yourself to this. I don't care what anybody says, if you're not 100%, don't let anyone push you into driving if your sleeping problem is this consistent.

Despite this however, I still wound up in an accident, and had a near-death experience. The reason this occurred was because the driver behind me was impatient, and honked the horn repeatedly. Apparently, I drew his ire by driving the speed limit. The road was quite narrow with faded paint lines (as if the road hasn't been tarred in over 5 years), and the driver tried to get around past me. The oncoming car hit the passing car enough to lose its balance, causing me to try to dodge on reflex, but it was too late. I was trapped on the seat for a good while until paramedics and the like tried what they could to get me out. Ultimately, I had no permanent damage, and suffered some cuts here and there by chunks of glass.

So you're probably gonna ask, "But Awesmic, you weren't asleep. What was the point of your telling me this?" It's like this, Gruff. Accidents can happen even if you are attentive or an on-point driver. In the case you're wide awake and this happens, what I highly recommend to do so you won't be at fault is to make sure there is no evidence of distractions, such as a loud radio or an active cell phone (which some witnesses could use against you). If you have witnesses that say you were following the road rules to the letter and the others involved were hostile and impatient, this is also a big help. This prevented those involved in the accident from pressing charges against me... that, and my compassion (as I didn't press charges either despite the guy behind me being at fault). So really, my advice to you is a double-edged sword. I'm giving you advice in both situations so you can stay a sharp driver and a sharp observer of your surroundings.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD