System Information on neutral throws

WAZAAAAA

My tests have revealed the following facts:

- neutral throws can't be interrupted on frame 1
- neutral throws can be interrupted from frame 2 to 18 (if we want to add the input delay mechanic into the equation, it becomes: 1 frame before the throw connects, up to the 16th)
- neutral throws can be broken using 2 different buttons: H+P (also known as T) and the H+P+K one
- all throw animations leave the escaper positive, except in some cases such as Sarah, Jacky, Nyotengu and Honoka where it's +0
- the brief "escape animation" of the player who is at frame disadvantage is throw-invincible
- Tina's neutral throw on Counter/Hi Counter and wall neutral throws (such as Marie Rose and Leon ones) are unbreakable

TL;DR neutral throw break window = 17F

Last edited:

Lulu

This is really good information. Thumbs Up !!!!

- the brief "escape animation" of the player who is at frame disadvantage is throw-invincible

I'm glad you brought this up.... Brad Wong's :4::F: guarantees his :6::F: once he gets behind his opponent...... or atleast it did back in DoA5 Ultimate. I've had no such luck pulling this off with Tina's :4::4::F: or her:6::4::F::5::6::F:.

This "Throw Invincibility" thing is really perplexing.

Rich Nixon

Standard Donor
Good read. But can you clarify the first bullet point? "neutral throws cannot be interrupted on frame 1". Does that mean If timed correctly, a neutral throw cannot be beaten by a strike? Or do you mean the throw cannot be broken on the 1st frame?

Lulu

Good read. But can you clarify the first bullet point? "neutral throws cannot be interrupted on frame 1". Does that mean If timed correctly, a neutral throw cannot be beaten by a strike? Or do you mean the throw cannot be broken on the 1st frame?

Yeah that also had me baffled...... but I didn't want to be the first one to say that so (I wasn't sure if it was one of those obvious things that I was suppose to already know but didn't) ..... Kudos to you, man. Lulu appreciates it. ;)

Rich Nixon

Standard Donor
Thanks! I think it just may be a wording issue. I don't think strikes will ever lose to a throw, or else that would break the triangle system.

WAZAAAAA

Yeah that also had me baffled...... but I didn't want to be the first one to say that so (I wasn't sure if it was one of those obvious things that I was suppose to already know but didn't) ..... Kudos to you, man. Lulu appreciates it. ;)
Sorry if that wasn't clear. I'll use an example to explain this:

You're Gen Fu and you successfully land on the opponent a neutral throw.
A full neutral throw animation landed by Gen Fu lasts 91 frames for both sides.
The victim can start escaping that throw from the second frame to the 18th of that animation. For some unknown reason, if the victim registers a throw button on the first frame, the neutral throw doesn't break.

Lulu

Sorry if that wasn't clear. I'll use an example to explain this:

You're Gen Fu and you successfully land on the opponent a neutral throw.
A full neutral throw animation landed by Gen Fu lasts 91 frames for both sides.
The victim can start escaping that throw from the second frame to the 18th of that animation. For some unknown reason, if the victim registers a throw button on the first frame, the neutral throw doesn't break.

Hmmm..... that is strange.

How do you keep finding these lil things anyway ? You're not a Super Cyborg, right ?.......

WAZAAAAA

Hmmm..... that is strange.

How do you keep finding these lil things anyway ? You're not a Super Cyborg, right ?.......
I'm just using Cheat Engine to:
- play the game in super slow motion
- count the frames through an internal memory address

I'm probably going to release a simple GUI program that displays the current animation frame for both players if I can solve some issues first, it could be used to count the frames of "movement moves" that are written as 0(0)0 by the move details (such as Jann Lee's 1P+K), pretty useful

Rich Nixon

Standard Donor

I'm probably going to release a simple GUI program that displays the current animation frame for both players if I can solve some issues first, it could be used to count the frames of "movement moves" that are written as 0(0)0 by the move details (such as Jann Lee's 1P+K), pretty useful
Wazaaaaa is a doa scientist lol. Could someone use the same program you're using to find the timing for combo throws as well?

Lulu

Thats so cool !!! :)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD