Installing Mods Tutorial (For beginners, by beginners)

coopermon

Ok. I've made a tutorial for installing mods for beginners. I was a beginner to modding with doa5lr, also I am a beginner to making tutorials.
So I am sure I have made mistakes and that I go a long winded way about doing things but it works for me and thus hopefully for others.
Any changes to this tutorial are most welcome.
Important Notes:
DLC Tool is only used to add costumes , it doesn't work with Face & Hair Mods for these mods use lnk_reshuffle and link to KasumiLove's tutorial .
http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/pc-modding-tutorials.5818/#post-288333

If you have bought at least one DLC package (or did preorder) you can use DLC mods without needing a cracked version.
see this tutorial here: How to use mods in the steam version

Installing mods:

1. First of all, you need to have a cracked version of the game for this method to work. For this you will have to look elswhere.
Once you've got that sorted and the game runs fine, go to stage 2.
2. Now you need to install DLC Tool. https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ec6hz31s15fof/5LRTools
3. DLC Tool does not need to go in the game.exe directory. (I put it here: C:\DOA5\DLC Tool\).
4. Download the mod you wish to install. I'm going to use this mod:
Helena Pink Blue Corset:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz_rcZskoqjcd29JRGFmMG4xSXc/view?usp=sharing
5. I suggest you make a mod folder, like this: C:\DOA5\Mods\ (The game will always access this folder to find the files, so don't change them)
6. Unzip this mod into the folder: C:\DOA5\Mods\ you should now have this: C:\DOA5\Mods\HelenaPinkBlueCorset\
7. Open DLC Tool
8. Click New DLC and navigate to C:\DOA5\Dead Or Alive 5 Last Round\DLC\
9. In the file name box write 111111 (or whatever number you want for your DLC) then click Save
Untitled-2.jpg

10. Click Add (below the Characters list) then Female: then Helena
Untitled-3.jpg

11. Use this file to find spare Costume slots: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz_rcZskoqjcX2NUaWJOR1p0Q2c/view?usp=sharing
This is based on all the DLC up till 1.02a. If you have more DLC some of these slots will be taken.
12. We are going to use slot 4 for Helena. Click Costume slot: and change to 4
13a. Delete 4 from the text file. This is good to do so you know what slots are free for each character. (leave the file open for now)
13b. Go here to get a list of the hair numbers for each character:http://w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11118060/1/
Untitled-8.jpg

13c. Helena has hair numbers 1,2 and 4
13d. Click Add under the hair/face list and change the new hair field to 2
13e. repeat for 4
Untitled-4.jpg

14. Click Add (below the Files list) and navigate to here: C:\DOA5\Mods\HelenaPinkBlueCorset\
15. There are more files in this folder but you only need these LISA_DLCU_031.---C LISA_DLCU_031.--P LISA_DLCU_031.TMC LISA_DLCU_031.TMCL
16. Select them all and press open
Untitled-5.jpg

17. Click Save DLC then OK (don't close DLC Tool)
18. Navigate to your game.exe directory i.e. C:\DOA5\Dead Or Alive 5 Last Round\
19. You should find this file: 3DMGAME.ini or this one: ALI213.ini or something similar depending on which crack you've used.
20a. Open the file: 3DMGAME.ini
21a. Copy this: DLC015=403350 and paste it on the next line then change the new copy to this: DLC016=111111
Untitled-6.jpg

22a. Save
20b. Or open the file: ALI213.ini
21b. Copy this: 351850=SteamDB Unknown App 351850 and paste it on the next line (or bottom of the list), then change the new copy to this:
111111=SteamDB Unknown App 111111
Untitled-7.jpg

(Yours will look different to this as you wont have all these mods installed)
22b. Save
23. Now run the game and check the mod has installed
24a. If it has and everything is ok then to to stage 40.
24b. If the game crashes when you try to select a character, this usually means the mod is clashing with another mod. Go to stage 36.
24c. If you select the character and it doesn't load the character on the select screen ( you just get a loading symbol).
This sometimes happens, I don't know why (I get it on a lot of 27 slots) Go to stage 36.
25. Navigate to C:\DOA5\Dead Or Alive 5 Last Round\DLC\111111\
26. Delete 1 and Data folders, delete 352150.bcm and 111111.bcm files
27. Go to DLC Tool
28. Change Costume slot number to another one in your DOA5LR 1.02a Costume slots.txt file and continue from stage 19.

29. Save and close your DOA5LR 1.02a Costume slots.txt file
30. Go to DLC Tool and click Save state
31. Navigate to your mods folder i.e. C:\DOA5\Mods\
32. Create the file name My Mods
Untitled-9.jpg

33. Close DLC Tool.
34. Now when you add your next mod, you will do this:
Navigate to C:\DOA5\Dead Or Alive 5 Last Round\DLC\111111\
35. Delete 1 and Data folders, delete 352150.bcm and 111111.bcm files
36. Open DLC Tool
37. Click Load state
38. Double click on C:\DOA5\Mods\My Mods
39. Continue from stage 16. to 27. then from stage 33.
40. Done. Enjoy.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 5,232
  • Untitled-8.jpg
    Untitled-8.jpg
    959.1 KB · Views: 1,478
  • Untitled-8.jpg
    Untitled-8.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,688
Last edited:

dante_huyvu

Ok. I've made a tutorial for installing mods for beginners. I was a beginner to modding with doa5lr, also I am a beginner to making tutorials.
So I am sure I have made mistakes and that I go a long winded way about doing things but it works for me and thus hopefully for others.
Any changes to this tutorial are most welcome.

Installing mods:

1. First of all, you need to have a cracked version of the game for this method to work. For this you will have to look elswhere.
Once you've got that sorted and the game runs fine, go to stage 2.
2. Now you need to install DLC Tool. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz_rcZskoqjcOXdPYnhkc2dnaHc/view?usp=sharing
3. DLC Tool does not need to go in the game.exe directory. (I put it here: C:\DOA5\DLC Tool\).
4. Download the mod you wish to install. I'm going to use this mod:
Helena Pink Blue Corset:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz_rcZskoqjcd29JRGFmMG4xSXc/view?usp=sharing
5. I suggest you make a mod folder, like this: C:\DOA5\Mods\ (The game will always access this folder to find the files, so don't change them)
6. Unzip this mod into the folder: C:\DOA5\Mods\ you should now have this: C:\DOA5\Mods\HelenaPinkBlueCorset\
7. Now go here: C:\DOA5\Dead Or Alive 5 Last Round\DLC (your Dead Or Alive 5 Last Round\DLC folder may be elsewhere).
8. Create a folder 111111
9. Open one of the other folders i.e. C:\DOA5\Dead Or Alive 5 Last Round\DLC\352150
10. Copy 352150.bcm and paste it in your new folder, here: C:\DOA5\Dead Or Alive 5 Last Round\DLC\111111\
11. Open DLC Tool
12. Click New DLC and navigate to C:\DOA5\Dead Or Alive 5 Last Round\DLC\111111\352150.bcm
View attachment 16229
13. Click save
14 In the Title header, you need to change the file from this: C:\DOA5\Dead Or Alive 5 Last Round\DLC\111111\352150.bcm
15. To this: C:\DOA5\Dead Or Alive 5 Last Round\DLC\111111\111111.bcm
View attachment 16230
16. Click Add (below the Characters list) then Female: then Helena
View attachment 16231
17. Use this file to find spare Costume slots: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz_rcZskoqjcX2NUaWJOR1p0Q2c/view?usp=sharing
This is based on all the DLC up till 1.02a. If you have more DLC some of these slots will be taken.
18. We are going to use slot 4 for Helena. Click Costume slot: and change to 4
19. Delete 4 from the text file. This is good to do so you know what slots are free for each character. (leave the file open for now)
View attachment 16232
20. Click Add (below the Files list) and navigate to here: C:\DOA5\Mods\HelenaPinkBlueCorset\
21. There are more files in this folder but you only need these LISA_DLCU_031.---C LISA_DLCU_031.--P LISA_DLCU_031.TMC LISA_DLCU_031.TMCL
22. Select them all and press open
View attachment 16233
23. Click Save DLC then OK (don't close DLC Tool)
24. Navigate to here: C:\DOA5\Dead Or Alive 5 Last Round\DLC\111111\111111.bcm
25. Change this folder 111111.bcm to this 1
26. Open C:\DOA5\Dead Or Alive 5 Last Round\DLC\111111\1
27. Cut the data folder and 111111.bcm file and paste then here: C:\DOA5\Dead Or Alive 5 Last Round\DLC\111111\
28. Navigate to your game.exe directory i.e. C:\DOA5\Dead Or Alive 5 Last Round\
29. You should find this file: 3DMGAME.ini or this one: ALI213.ini or something similar depending on which crack you've used.
30a. Open the file: 3DMGAME.ini
31a. Copy this: DLC015=403350 and paste it on the next line then change the new copy to this: DLC016=111111
View attachment 16234
32a. Save
30b. Or open the file: ALI213.ini
31b. Copy this: 351850=SteamDB Unknown App 351850 and paste it on the next line (or bottom of the list), then change the new copy to this:
111111=SteamDB Unknown App 111111
View attachment 16235
(Yours will look different to this as you wont have all these mods installed)
32b. Save
33. Now run the game and check the mod has installed
34a. If it has and everything is ok then to to stage 40.
34b. If the game crashes when you try to select a character, this usually means the mod is clashing with another mod. Go to stage 36.
34c. If you select the character and it doesn't load the character on the select screen ( you just get a loading symbol).
This sometimes happens, I don't know why (I get it on a lot of 27 slots) Go to stage 36.
35. Navigate to C:\DOA5\Dead Or Alive 5 Last Round\DLC\111111\
36. Delete 1 and Data folders, delete 352150.bcm and 111111.bcm files
37. Go to DLC Tool
38. Change Costume slot number to another one in your DOA5LR 1.02a Costume slots.txt file and continue from stage 19.

39. Save and close your DOA5LR 1.02a Costume slots.txt file
40. Go to DLC Tool and click Save state
41. Navigate to your mods folder i.e. C:\DOA5\Mods\
42. Create the file name My Mods
View attachment 16237
43. Close DLC Tool.
44. Now when you add your next mod, you will do this:
Navigate to C:\DOA5\Dead Or Alive 5 Last Round\DLC\111111\
45. Delete 1 and Data folders, delete 352150.bcm and 111111.bcm files
46. Open DLC Tool
47. Click Load state
48. Double click on C:\DOA5\Mods\My Mods
49. Continue from stage 16. to 27. then from stage 33.
50. Done. Enjoy.
Could you share the Wallpapers? please :)

The Enforcer

Great job, @coopermon!

I'm in the process of getting the resources thread update. I'll make sure this is in there! Props on the work for explaining all of it.

Amaso

Umm You don't need to create the 111111 folder or put anything in it, DLC Tool does it on it's own.
In DLC Tool , after you click New DLC , navigate to the game's DLC folder , and for the file name write the name of the folder you want (A number ) for example 111111 , then Save.

Also
Use sf234's (the one who made DLC Tool) link
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ec6hz31s15fof/5LRTools
As it will always have the latest version of the tool ...

Also it'd be good to mention that the DLC Tool is only used to add costumes , it doesn't work with Face & Hair Mods for these mods use lnk_reshuffle and link to KasumiLove's tutorial .
http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/pc-modding-tutorials.5818/#post-288333

Last edited:

coopermon

OK. I've changed the link.
Amaso, can you please post the relevant changes I need to make to the DLC Tool process?
Then I'll amend the tutorial.
Do I simply skip stages 8. to 14. ?

Amaso

Steps 7 to 15 are unnecessary
7. Open DLC Tool
8. Click New DLC and navigate to C:\DOA5\Dead Or Alive 5 Last Round\DLC\
9. In the file name box write 111111 (or whatever number you want for your DLC) then click Save

Also Steps 24 to 27 are unnecessary as well .

KasumiLove

So many things you're doing just to add a mod, Coopermon ! Forget about the copy paste thing, you just need to create the folder in DLC, add your characters, select the slots and add the costumes. I think you can make this tutorial more simple. But that's good :)

coopermon

OK. All done.
I'm beginning to regret this now, as in the process I've managed to break my game.
Now when go to the character select screen some of the characters models wont load and some don't even have pictures.
This is being caused by one of my dlc files (The one with hundreds of mods in it) : (

KasumiLove

OK. All done.
I'm beginning to regret this now, as in the process I've managed to break my game.
Now when go to the character select screen some of the characters models wont load and some don't even have pictures.
This is being caused by one of my dlc files (The one with hundreds of mods in it) : (

You may have mods that use the same slot. Open dlc Tool and Open each dlc pack. Then write all the slots for each character one by one until you find which one are using the same slot.

navmesh

it also crashes if you set additional texture > 1 while the costume has no detail (--H,--HL files)
I often use "binary search" algorithm to detect which slot has problem
You can use dlc tool japanese version to open the state, save state to .lst file and delete the slots you want by text editor

KasumiLove

You should extract all the costume from the pack with Archive Tool and then make another pack yourself.

Serenade_King

The first step says I need a Cracked version of DOA5LR, so if I buy the game from Steam I won't be able to use mods? I'm a super noob when it comes to PC gaming and I just built my first gaming PC so sorry if the question is stupid.

coopermon

Thanks kasumilove and navmesh. I'm remaking the dlc file bit by bit to see if I can find the problem. Will repack in smaller packs.

The Enforcer

The first step says I need a Cracked version of DOA5LR, so if I buy the game from Steam I won't be able to use mods? I'm a super noob when it comes to PC gaming and I just built my first gaming PC so sorry if the question is stupid.
Originally, I think it was possible, but since TN has released multiple game versions and the game tools are constantly updating to work with the current game version AND expand modding capability it's hard to keep track of that.

coopermon

Buy the game. Don't bother installing it and download the cracked version.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD