Is Hitomi that bad?

Randy Chhun

Seriously? I think she have many advantages over the other characters. Great mix up if you do it well. A few good closing the gap moves. I mean i know she doesn't have a lot of guarantees, and none of her moveset people in deep stun. but For fuck sakes, She sends people flying across the stage. How can people not like that?

Raansu

She lacks the tools to be competitive. She has some safety and decent whiff punishment, but really she can't do anything that the majority of the cast can already do better. Most of her tools create constant resets and it's just a loop of 50/50's. She's forced to play the DoA4 meta game while having less tools than she had in doa4.

She's not terrible, but she's not good either. She's a niche character that very few would risk using her in a tournament environment.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
She's not terrible, but she's not good either. She's a niche character that very few would risk using her in a tournament environment.

Yeah, now that you mention it, I've rarely seen her in any of the tournament matches I've watched. Did you play her at CEO?

Randy Chhun

She lacks the tools to be competitive. She has some safety and decent whiff punishment, but really she can't do anything that the majority of the cast can already do better. Most of her tools create constant resets and it's just a loop of 50/50's. She's forced to play the DoA4 meta game while having less tools than she had in doa4.

I agree with you. I do wish she had more guarantees like the other cast. Idk but i just feel like she can be a top competitor if people put in the time with her.

Raansu

I agree with you. I do wish she had more guarantees like the other cast. Idk but i just feel like she can be a top competitor if people put in the time with her.

I'm not saying she cant win, it's just that she struggles much more than others. I still use her, and I still do well with her. I'm just generally bitter that a lot of her tools magically appeared on other characters and they can utilize them 10x better. Leifang for example got a punch parry that gives her a guaranteed follow up. Kasumi has a BT kick similar to Hitomi's except Kasumi doesn't have to deal with constant stance changes making the BT stun distance vary. Zack's 6f+p is pretty much the same animation as Hitomi's and he gets a free PP after it while Hitomi everything can be blocked...So ya, I tend to be bitter with how TN has given Hitomi the shaft at every turn.

xINFINITELIGHTx

HAVE A BLESSED DAY EVERYBODY JESUS LOVES EVERYBODY JESUS IS GOD!

Hitomi is an excellent character with advantages out of this world. She has a wiff punisher that is 12 frames b,f+p. She has the UNBEATABLE KICK which is an 18 frame -1 on block move that cannot be countered for damage. She has strings that lead to absolute safety. She has a punch parry that counters punches on high and mid level that can lead to a kick if you donot want to lose advantage after a miss guess.

She has three punishment tools for long distance making her excellent for punishing wiffs
a 15 frame qcf+p | 236+p the 12 frame 46+p | b,f+punch or the extremely safe qcf+k that's 18 frame but -1 on block and cannot be countered for damage i.e. the UNBEATABLE KICK

She has safe moves like every other character and she has frame advantage like every other character what sets her apart and makes her top like every other character is her pure ability to control space with her d/f+k | 3k strings and her 1K or d/bk mixups.

Her strings that end in the UNBEATABLE KICK (qcf+k or 236+k) are all SUPER SAFE at -1 and she has a two part command throw that gives massive damage for only having to do it twice while other characters must input two or three commands giving your opponent TOO MANY chances to escape.

Her throws are good.
d/f /d/f throw
33throw
or forward throw or 6 throw
and her command grab are all really really good throw options only lacking a catch grab which is not a big deal.

She was really really too good for a catch grab to begin with imo opinion because forward throw to catch grab and UNBEATABLE KICK (QCF+K) to catch grab would be too good.

Her side step move is extremely decent going under punches and the other being a kick that gives massive damage if connected.

Her strings are really super good and her mix up to low options are not the focus of her play. What is the TRUE FOCUS of hitomi play is punishing wiffs, confusing with strings, beating people out on spacing mixups, and above all at all times always utilizing her best tools.

Hitomi, is not low tier. But I don't even respect the idea of a tier list as anything but a bunch of ideas people have about the game that does not win them matches unless their character is at the top of it. So in other words, if you want to say she's low tier go ahead but think about this.

when one believes that their character is top tier one may believe that they can win but hey they believe they have an advantage that may be "unfair"
When one has alow tier character they believe less they can win but one may have to "work harder" with less faith in their character.

A person should have no reason to believe that that the tool they are using to win matches is innadiquite in anyway and in my humble opinion that is the most diabilitating thing about a tier list making people think a character is falsely bad.

Furthermore, some characters utilize different parts of the system. bass utlizies throw, hayabusa utilizes spacing, kasumi utilizies speed, hitomi utilizes wiff punishment, spacing, and proper use of safety to win matches.

That's just how characters are. if I started playing hayabusa and started using hayabusa mindset on hitomi id' say "hitomi sucks" but then I would just have to go back to hayabusa but if I create a new mindset for how she should be played playing to her strengths and not to weaknesses then what happens is that nothing but goodness comes out of it because theoretically speaking of

I PLAY ALL MY STRENGTHS
AVOID YOUR STRENGHTS
AVOID MY WEAKNESSES
PLAY ONLY TO YOUR WEAKNESSES

THEN WHAT HAPPENED BUT VICTORY?

Their is no other way to explain it but this.

Stop inexhaulting this character and stop making tier lists. Instead, figure out strats that win.

HAVE A BLESSED DAY EVERYBODY JESUS LOVES EVERYBODY AND JESUS IS GOD!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD