Is your hype dying?

Genesis

Then the... quality of the as of now only 360 version which has been released showing a drastically different looking game than the ones in videos (which apparently were all PS3).
You lost me right here. Everything else made perfect sense, and I'm more or less with you.

xOmniCloudx

You lost me right here. Everything else made perfect sense, and I'm more or less with you.
Screenshots of the 360 version have been revealed. It looks TERRIBLE and barely anything like the quality of the game we have seen in every video of the game yet. This is notable since every official video of DOA5 was supposedly the PS3 version which was also the lead console for development. So this could be an only 360 thing but as of now I don't know since haven't seen anyone post PS3 screenshots to compare.

Genesis

Seems kind of odd, being the same game and all. I did notice some under-developed textures and similarly little things in the story vids that have been posted around, but nothing distinguishing between the two versions as you're suggesting.

Brute

Standard Donor
That happens a lot, actually. I mean just look at Skyrim's horrible PS3 issues.

xOmniCloudx

That happens a lot, actually. I mean just look at Skyrim's horrible PS3 issues.

There's no real graphical differences between the console versions of Skyrim. Only performance issues since Bethesda can't code for shit even on the PC so the console with the more complicated architecture that they're not even familiar with and CLEARLY needed more time and help with suffered greatly. They're even asking Sony to help them release the DLC updates just to get it on the console and will not put it on if they don't.

Yes. That's the 360 version. My friend actually took those and showed it to me first. No video of the game in motion or still yet has looked that bad. Those jaggies could stab you to death.

xOmniCloudx

Or the supposedly problematic loading times in the PS3 Bayonetta. It never seems to affect the visuals, is what I'm getting at.

They were VERY problematic until Sony patched the game. SEGA handled the port job and it was terrible. There wasn't any reason to own the PS3 version (and if you have both consoles there never was) until the Sony patch for it. But graphics are rarely ever effected but it has happened.

Jeremy

I'll say it again, the game isn't even out yet. EVEN IF there is some bugs with the online play IT CAN BE PATCHED AND IT WILL BE. The game already looks freaking amazing in every possible way there is no doubt this is going to be a game to play for years to come. As far as the graphics on Xbox, I have the alpha demo and it looks bitchin' so I am not worried about the "lack" of graphics. If you have a good TV on HDMI it will be a sight to see. I know we are all strung out from (lets admit it) obsessing/feeding off the scraps off leaks. Like somebody said above, this is the calm before the storm. 2 MORE DAYS!

This is Team Ninjas baby, they are gonna make it work.

xOmniCloudx

Someone is overly enthusiastic and faithful for a newly restructured Team Ninja which has a bad track record thus far...

DR2K

Screenshots of the 360 version have been revealed. It looks TERRIBLE and barely anything like the quality of the game we have seen in every video of the game yet. This is notable since every official video of DOA5 was supposedly the PS3 version which was also the lead console for development. So this could be an only 360 thing but as of now I don't know since haven't seen anyone post PS3 screenshots to compare.

So have streams and footage, game looks like it's supposed to. Just bad shots.

Jeremy

From what I have seen so far this game was not produced by incompetent people. These guys know whatsup. I've seen some major negative group think spreading like wildfire on these threads lately. Negativity is contagious.

Reminds me of that emo/goth south park episode.

Martin

Finding out there is no Tag Survival just then sorta hit me. Still very hyped, but it's waning considering I have to wait 4 days.

Chris Harris

I'm not shocked they took Leon out the game. He wasn't popular, no one played him offline, and even if he was played online you had to hunt that player down. I don't even think he was a part of the story so no shocker here that he isn't in the game.

TheTHCGamer

From what I have seen so far this game was not produced by incompetent people. These guys know whatsup. I've seen some major negative group think spreading like wildfire on these threads lately. Negativity is contagious.

Valid complaints like a poor netcode are worth bringing up everything else about the game im stoked about.

xOmniCloudx

The shots
So have streams and footage, game looks like it's supposed to. Just bad shots.
They were taken because of the noted quality of the 360 version. Anybody remember DOA Paradise? The final version graphical quality is extremely inferior to the stream and shots they officially released of it before the game came out.

The team overlaps with NG3 and DOA Paradise. Both those games were travesties. Surely did not know what was up.

DR2K

The shots
They were taken because of the noted quality of the 360 version. Anybody remember DOA Paradise? The final version graphical quality is extremely inferior to the stream and shots they officially released of it before the game came out.

I'm watching streams of people that own the game, and it looks fine on 360 and nothing like those shots.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD