[Jan 14, 2013] APEX 2013 DOA5 SIDE TOURNAMENT (New Brunswick, NJ)

Katsu Hayami

Staff member
Administrator
http://www.apex-series.com/

DOA5 tournament will be on Sunday, January 13th 2013 at 11AM.
DOA5 registration begins at 8AM Friday morning and end at 10AM Sunday morning.
DOA5 entry fee is $10, venue fee is $40 for the whole weekend, and $10 for Sunday only.
DOA5 winnings will be 70/20/10 of total entrees + additional cash/prizes if announced.

Rules:
  • 3/5 rounds
  • 3/5 match points for entire tournament
  • 4/7 Match Points for Grand Finals
  • Double Elminination
  • Normal Life Setting
  • 60 Second Time Limit
  • Dangerzones are on
  • Random Stage select
  • Winner Lock - Winner must stay same character, Loser may pick
    - Random character can be chosen, but if the player wins they must choose the same character for the second match.
  • Blind pick is allowed

If you have any questions please contact Katsu Hayami on FreeStepDodge forums or Facebook.

nF ColtZ

I'll go, What other games are being played?

Edit: Just checked the website, I see the games but DOA isn't listed at all. Sure it's going on?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Katsu is running the side tourney, so he would know if it's still going on (it is).

Katsu Hayami

Staff member
Administrator
Yup, I'm playing UMVC3 and P4U all weekend but I'll be running a DOA5 tournament on Sunday. Already got permission from Alex Strife just have to bring my own setups which at minimum would be 2. If you have any questions please contact me on FSD or Facebook, and if needed get my number off my facebook and text me saying your from FSD I won't bother picking up calls lol. If your at APEX just look for me wearing a DOA5 shirt, wearing a JDM ski hat, and carrying a sexy fully colored pink arcade stick, i'm the only one even at EVO.

Side note if everything goes well I get to get raped by XCaLibur BLadeZ's Helena again :D

Katsu Hayami

Staff member
Administrator
I apologize for the delay, this was planned probably 2 months ago but I had to get it confirmed with APEX staff and such because it's a side tournament. Also have to manage equipment and traveling because I don't have a car, I have to manage getting the equipment and setups to the event because they can't provide it for us. Please don't go out of your way to make it if you can't, this is really meant for people already at APEX that plays various games like myself but for those that do come on Sunday just for DOA5 the venue is only $10 instead of the whole $40.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I apologize for the delay, this was planned probably 2 months ago but I had to get it confirmed with APEX staff and such because it's a side tournament. Also have to manage equipment and traveling because I don't have a car, I have to manage getting the equipment and setups to the event because they can't provide it for us. Please don't go out of your way to make it if you can't, this is really meant for people already at APEX that plays various games like myself but for those that do come on Sunday just for DOA5 the venue is only $10 instead of the whole $40.

If you need help, I'll obviously be passing through PA on Saturday with my Truck. I don't plan on bringing my PC since this is obviously more side-game/casual oriented. So my truck will be free to hold some gear if you need. I was only planning on coming up Sunday but if you have a room I could crash in then that would be fine by me.

Yup, I'm playing UMVC3 and P4U all weekend but I'll be running a DOA5 tournament on Sunday. Already got permission from Alex Strife just have to bring my own setups which at minimum would be 2. If you have any questions please contact me on FSD or Facebook, and if needed get my number off my facebook and text me saying your from FSD I won't bother picking up calls lol. If your at APEX just look for me wearing a DOA5 shirt, wearing a JDM ski hat, and carrying a sexy fully colored pink arcade stick, i'm the only one even at EVO.

Side note if everything goes well I get to get raped by XCaLibur BLadeZ's Helena again :D
Helena is definitely gana put in some work :)

Katsu Hayami

Staff member
Administrator
If you need help, I'll obviously be passing through PA on Saturday with my Truck. I don't plan on bringing my PC since this is obviously more side-game/casual oriented. So my truck will be free to hold some gear if you need. I was only planning on coming up Sunday but if you have a room I could crash in then that would be fine by me.

Thanks for the offer but i'll be leaving Thursday afternoon because i'm entering almost every game besides smash lol, i'm actually crashing at a friend's house but your more than welcome to come on Saturday if you like but Venue would be $40 instead of $10. I have like 6 other people staying over as well so it should be fine lol

Allan Paris

Please don't go out of your way to make it if you can't, this is really meant for people already at APEX that plays various games like myself.

I was going to go a little bit out of my way to come to this but after reading this. I will stay at home and keep my money. You guys hold it down.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
will be bringing my DOA3.1 copy to test on Jaxel's stream to see if his capture card can read the NTSC-J signal (mine can't).

Jaxel

will be bringing my DOA3.1 copy to test on Jaxel's stream to see if his capture card can read the NTSC-J signal (mine can't).
I'll be there Thursday at 6pm for testing and dry-runs. If you want anything tested, it will have to be then.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD