[Jan 20, 2013] SoCal Regionals 2013 AE, UMVC3, TTT2, SCV, DOA5 (Irvine, California)

NukNuks

Here are a few pics from the event

Tenren setting up the DOA booth
4F87638D-B795-44F8-8F0A-52179825EB59-5908-0000047BBB6C4514.jpg

Return of the Shadow and Mamba reppin DOA. Llokki lurking in the background
EAA1B881-1655-44E7-A713-59BE0C554871-5908-0000047B8910DEC7.jpg

Cheers to DOA players
74546DD5-395D-43B0-8D57-64341BEBDCEC-5908-0000047B45D53CE5.jpg

Doug Nguyen aka Jann Lee Hair 0, Alcohol 1
FE6C1171-0926-4637-A2CF-7225A0D7A61A-5908-00000484A8C39532.jpg

DrDogg

lol I wish the stream videos were saved so you could go back and watch it from the beginning. So you could see we were actually making fun of tamisu for the whole attacking out of disadvantage thing you guys argued about. If anything is taking out of context im sorry. I also stream the voice chat, I have no control over what people say. Feel free to join anytime and speak for your self. Its an open lobby and any one is free to join. I encourage you to do so.

as for the blog I love how you assume one persons views represent the groups. I have no issues with Shun or lokki, hell we were trying to come up with ways to meet offline since the 3 of us all live in the same area.

then again talking trash in the FGC is what makes it. Part of the DOA community dosnt know how to let it just role off and prove them wrong by playing. We all just argue and never support the game offline. That is why I believe this game will ever be more then what it is. Brady was total in the right to bash us back then. All this time and we still havent changed.

I watched it from the beginning and have no issues with the trash talk, but no one said a word in person. Man up...

Frankly, this is a bit rich. I can't comment on Haijin's blog, for obvious reasons. But I am more than happy to repeat anything anyone said on stream in text, in paper, or in person. If you're going to make a sport out of bashing players on the site in the name of abusing online or any rationale whatsoever, you're hardly out of the line of criticism, especially if you have your foot in the door.

Stream is what it is, though. We are pretty open that way, so generally I would listen in and presume I might hear something about me. And that's totally OK. (People trash talking me is just fine, frankly.)

Who are you again? Online play is garbage. I call out online tactics. You guys called me out for telling you how to play correctly, but were silent in person when I was crushing people with Bass.

I won't even get into the "custom" seeding...

Tenren

I watched it from the beginning and have no issues with the trash talk, but no one said a word in person. Man up...

im sorry you feel that way. If i have a problem with you i will do so to your face. Again I just thought the whole thing funny. Hell i was talking trash to bertha when we played, even gave him the finger after he beat me but we both laughed about it.

just remembered I even made a joke to you while you were on stream Friday. I said "shhh stop talking at a disadvantage".

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
DrDogg I'm curious to know who exactly are you addressing? We are all pretty much usually on the stream together all the time and doubt we remember everything that was said and by who.

Vincent Rayne

i've played with several of these guys in person. They didn't have a problem calling stuff out but it was all in good fun. I don't know exactly what the issue is here since i don't have an Xbox360 and can't participate in the streams but by what you are saying, it sounds like the guys put on a facade. that what they say online they don't say offline/in person. that i can vouch for because i've met several of these guys offline.

but I know for sure Lokki wouldn't have a problem taking the trash talking offline :D but it's all in good fun. unless it's raging, which is obviously different, then trash talking among peers is all part of the fun of a competitive community.

Tokkosho

@Tenren i was waiting for that to come up lol.
@Vincent we often joke around because DrDogg has mentioned his distaste for our attacking out of disadvantage quite a few times, so thats what he heard.

Vincent Rayne

@Tenren i was waiting for that to come up lol.
@Vincent we often joke around because DrDogg has mentioned his distaste for our attacking out of disadvantage quite a few times, so thats what he heard.
i remember that "attacking out of disadvantage" talk at SCR. i thought that it was pretty funny yet true. I didn't who you were talking about though.

Doug Nguyen

Thanks CJ and ill get you back Hajin Shinobi, good game though, was so close each time!! And one thing i noticed is, im glad im not so much of a windmill spammer anymore.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
Almost two months has passed and CJ has posted up our friendly and casual SCR Hotel Tournament. Thanks to him for taking time off his busy schedule to post it.
Finally the SCR Hotel Tournament has been posted by CJ
http://www.twitch.tv/AFDFGC
Bracket for the Tournament
http://challonge.com/DOA5HT

How about "thanks Shadow for bringing your xbox over CJ he can record the matches" not to mention showing my drunk ass get my ass kicked lol.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD