DOA5LR Japanese Release Date and Package details rumored

Brute

Standard Donor
I know, right! Why do you think I named myself "CrimsonWarrior"? (No, that's the legit way I came up with my name)
debuttrailer_02.png

LOOK AT THE DAMN FLOOR! THE TEXTURE IS SICK!
Why is Ein bald?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I can't believe it, I realized just now with your post that the prices changed, and not only but that the PS3 and the Xbox 360 version will get a retail version too.

This was specifically for the Japanese release. The American release information that was announced prior is still in effect. Discs only for the XB1/PS4.

You'd think LR would include more content than Ultimate or at the least match it.

Personally, am not surprised. DOA2 Ultimate came out 5 years and 10 days after the first revision of DOA2; 4 years and 10 days for the US release of the previous version of DOA2 (Hardcore). That's a lot of time to add costumes and content to a game system that was relatively untouched with the exclusion of Slope Throws and gravity. Since the system wasn't expected to change much at all, they put all of the development into making content and online netcode to sell you on the same game system they sold you on 2 times prior. DOA5 Last Round is coming out 2 years and 5 months after its first version release, and has received costume and content updates during that period while updating the game system as well. Apples and oranges as far as I see it.

Last edited:

Kasumi

Strongest Edition" package of the PS3 and PS4 versions, priced at 26,784 yen (~US$251) and 27,864 yen (~US$261)

Is that the game will all the cotumes?, price is crazy.

Kronin

This was specifically for the Japanese release. The American release information that was announced prior is still in effect. Discs only for the XB1/PS4.

Thanks for the clarification, actually I was starting to think that the retail versions were an exclusive of the Japanese market

Personally, am not surprised. DOA2 Ultimate came out 5 years and 10 days after the first revision of DOA2; 4 years and 10 days for the US release of the previous version of DOA2 (Hardcore). That's a lot of time to add costumes and content to a game system that was relatively untouched with the exclusion of Slope Throws and gravity. Since the system wasn't expected to change much at all, they put all of the development into making content and online netcode to sell you on the same game system they sold you on 2 times prior. DOA5 Last Round is coming out 2 years and 5 months after its first version release, and has received costume and content updates during that period while updating the game system as well. Apples and oranges as far as I see it.

Personally I think that in terms of stages and characters DoA5LR will offer around the same amount of contents than 5U at the moment of the release, only that this time the characters will be future DLC (after to have realized how they sell, from a marketing pov would be a wrong move to not release them).

Not sure about the general mechanics changes by the way (I don't talk of the characters balancement): this is something that will happen only if TN will believe necessary to further evolve the gameplay of DoA5U.

Strongest Edition" package of the PS3 and PS4 versions, priced at 26,784 yen (~US$251) and 27,864 yen (~US$261)

Is that the game will all the cotumes?, price is crazy.

Very likely will include special gadgets and a giveaway code for getting in advancement some promotial outfits for the release of the game, I'm sure that there will be no edition complete of all the DLC sets.

TsukuyomiSan

On Amazon the DOA5 Last Round release date was announced, it is said (On Amazon) that Last Round will certainly release on February 17th for Xbox One and PS4, for a price of $44.99 (Canadian Dollar) !

TsukuyomiSan

here is an interview done by Rev3 Games with the producer of DOALR, he announces the release date and gameplay is shown!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD