[Jul 20, 2013] Ultimate Clash 4 at the Heart Of Gaming [DOA5, DOA2U, DOA2M & SCV] (London)

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Tournament will be on Sunday this time. Please come in early for signup and casuals.

There are also plans for a DOA2U or DOA2Millenium (on a 50 inch Naomi Cabinet!) side tournaments if there's a decent turn-out.

There will also be a Soul Calibur 5 tournament on the same day, with the same rules as the DOA5 tourney.

Entry for the DOA5 tourney will he decided on the day and there's a £10 entry fee for the day at the HOG or you could pay $15 for the whole weekend session, which is 34 hours straight.

Prizes:
1st place: 70% of the prize pot
2nd place: 20% of the prize pot
3rd place: 10% of the prize pot

Rules:
First to 3
Best 3 out of 5 rounds
First to 3 sets for winners, losers and grand finals
Bracket reset for grand finals if losers bracket player wins the 3 out of 5 set
Normal Life
60 Seconds
Random stage select
Danger-zones on
Character lock for winners
Loser may switch characters
Infinite stages are banned

Certain rules may change depending on the number of entries and possibly time constraints.

For more info, visit the Neo Empire page on UC4:
http://www.neoempire.com/?p=10489

@Mr. Wah @Grunt Dude @stevo uk @Twilit Ninja @PlatinumKid @Hurricane Rev @Talon @SliceAndDice x x @Sir Ellibear @RORY @Omegan Eckhart
Cr!msonWarrior PJudge UpSideDownGRUNT Capybara UK Gehaktbal

Capybara UK

Haven't been before but do want to get myself to one of these.

Wondering what time are the DOA5 casuals from on Sunday, and is there much opportunity for casuals during a busy tournament day?

It's about 2 1/2 hours travel there, and as a comparatively casual player I don't expect to make much progress in tournament matches.

Grunt Dude

Wondering what time are the DOA5 casuals from on Sunday, and is there much opportunity for casuals during a busy tournament day?

It's about 2 1/2 hours travel there, and as a comparatively casual player I don't expect to make much progress in tournament matches.
You can play casuals all day from the get-go!

Gehaktbal

This sunday i will be on a holiday. But i guess this wont be the last "Ultimate Clash".
Please tag me for the next tournament, i will see what i can do. Would love to go to the UK for this.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor

Casuals will be going on throughout the day if people actually want to stay on the setup. This is also one reason why I put the game on an early time slot because that way people can just hog a setup and not be bullied by SF/Marvel types.

This sunday i will be on a holiday. But i guess this wont be the last "Ultimate Clash".
Please tag me for the next tournament, i will see what i can do. Would love to go to the UK for this.

I'll keep doing so for the next events.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
Question, will DOA5 be there on the first day too? Or only on the second day, I wanna play it for 34 hours!!

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Question, will DOA5 be there on the first day too? Or only on the second day, I wanna play it for 34 hours!!

Crimson, I'm going to be there for the entirety of the weekend to help run tourneys, so I'll be there from 12.

and just to clarify: £10 for a day and £15 for the whole weekend.

Make sure you bring enough dosh otherwise I'll end ya'll home early myself.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
Crimson, I'm going to be there for the entirety of the weekend to help run tourneys, so I'll be there from 12.

and just to clarify: £10 for a day and £15 for the whole weekend.

Make sure you bring enough dosh otherwise I'll end ya'll home early myself.

Ok, ok. Just making sure. Thanks.

Capybara UK

I came along to Clash 4. Thanks to Kitch for organising these.

To other new players: If you like the game, want to give it some respect, and maybe get some new perspectives then I think it's worth the trip.
There was much more capacity at the HOG for casuals than I expected. If anything, 3 hours of casuals prior to the tournament (compared to usually brief sessions online) may have satisfied my appetite somewhat.

With players coming from outside London and possibly even from abroad, maybe us commuters should comment in advance about the start time. Fortunately everyone was able to stay till 8, but for a minute there I thought Crimson might be DQ'd by his Mum.

Ggs to Kitch, Crimson and ultimately well done as well to Grunt Dude for serene, expert play.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Here are the recording for anyone who wants to see how they did:
http://www.twitch.tv/thewonderpark/b/433799596
http://www.twitch.tv/thewonderpark/b/433820587
http://www.twitch.tv/thewonderpark/b/433823101
http://www.twitch.tv/thewonderpark/b/433836080

Whole UC 4 archive here:
http://www.twitch.tv/thewonderpark/profile/pastBroadcasts

and the brackets:
http://challonge.com/uc4doa5

I was actually very pleased with the turnout this time, even if it wasn't high in numbers. I got to know two new players who have a lot of potential.

Cr!mson really surprised me because he's only 13 and his Zack is very good. If he keep practicing he'll actually get somewhere. Someone joked that he looked like a young Ryan Hart because of the afro.

I came along to Clash 4. Thanks to Kitch for organising these.

To other new players: If you like the game, want to give it some respect, and maybe get some new perspectives then I think it's worth the trip.
There was much more capacity at the HOG for casuals than I expected. If anything, 3 hours of casuals prior to the tournament (compared to usually brief sessions online) may have satisfied my appetite somewhat.

Ggs to Kitch, Crimson and ultimately well done as well to Grunt Dude for serene, expert play.

Thanks, Ben. Sorry if I lost my temper a bit here and there, but that was because I was busy the whole weekend at the HOG and things got a little complicated.

Glad you liked it, but I thought you may have gotten lost a little bit during one of my long boring lectures. SVB is coming up soon, so I'm hoping to get more people together.

With players coming from outside London and possibly even from abroad, maybe us commuters should comment in advance about the start time. Fortunately everyone was able to stay till 8, but for a minute there I thought Crimson might be DQ'd by his Mum.

HAHAHA

Aion

Good stuff guys. Kitch, I could download the archives for the finals and upload them to my YT from here on out. I'll ask Sim for permission first though. Looking forward to joining you guys when 5U hits.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Good stuff guys. Kitch, I could download the archives for the finals and upload them to my YT from here on out. I'll ask Sim for permission first though. Looking forward to joining you guys when 5U hits.

Please do. I'm out of continent for the time being. Sim should be okay with it.

Aion

Aion

*All videos now uploaded, hope to continue doing this and not get lazy :p

I've only done the finals because some of the archived matches were missing (everything outside of finals and Kitchener vs CBuk...which I can upload afterwards if they both want).

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD