Kasumi 1.03 Changes

IceMage95

If the bounce from Kasumi's 9K is like DOA4, I'll be a happy camper. I haven't been able to use her DOA5 9K because the follow up options from that are next to none, if any at all.

Murakame

4 H+K is +18 at fastest SE now. Her Jab is now -3 on block and it was -2 before. All I got as a followup to 4H+K in stun is 3P 4PKK at max threshold. Counter hit 9k is the old Hi counter 9K. Possible follow ups are 4PKK or another 9K / 1 or any move u use to get them to tech. If they tech roll after being counter hit she is at +17. New Hi counter 9K allows for PKK7K 6 P+K KK on light / middle weights. PKK7K P+K on heavy.

Keylay

4 H+K is +18 at fastest SE now. Her Jab is now -3 on block and it was -2 before. All I got as a followup to 4H+K in stun is 3P 4PKK.

I'm downloading the patch now. But her jab is -3 on guard at close range and -2 at a further range pre-patch. So maybe it's still the same.

Keylay

The only other things that I noticed so far is that :4::h::+::K: leaves you at -6 on guard instead of -7 and it puts you out of throw range. If you do :P::+::K: after :6::6::P::P:, it leaves you at -2 on guard. I was hoping it would be +1 on guard like :9::P::K:

Edit:

And :6::6::P: is now guaranteed after :h::+::K:. If they try to stagger escape, you can get a critical stun reset and do even more damage.

Ridge

Is it me or is teleporting after 7K harder to do now online after this update, and I mean specifically online. For some reason I think the one frame of lag that they removed also affected my input. It can all be in my head though but im not as consistent as before when I do 6P+K after a 7K. (example PKK7K 6P+K). Has anyone else experienced this or is the same as it was before for you guys?

Oh and im loving PP2K on NH. You can do 4PP after and go into CB kinda fun to use. Also I find using P+K6, 9 a good way to get out of wall situations where the oponent is pressuring you towards it. P+K is not the fastest move to come out but when you can just jump out of the way when your back is to the wall it gives you an option to manuver out of there.

ErickBello

Guaranteed damage! yay!
I have noticed that after the guard break on 66PP you can Aim for a Hi Counter 1P/4P/33T easily, but I don't know if that's only luck.

Ridge

Guaranteed damage! yay!
I have noticed that after the guard break on 66PP you can Aim for a Hi Counter 1P/4P/33T easily, but I don't know if that's only luck.

Nice! I havnt experimented enough with the new gaurdbreak yet but I will try these.

Murakame

The only other things that I noticed so far is that :4::h::+::K: leaves you at -6 on guard instead of -7 and it puts you out of throw range. If you do :P::+::K: after :6::6::P::P:, it leaves you at -2 on guard. I was hoping it would be +1 on guard like :9::P::K:

Edit:

And :6::6::P: is now guaranteed after :h::+::K:. If they try to stagger escape, you can get a critical stun reset and do even more damage.

I was dissapointed when I saw 66PP P+K wasn't +1 but 66P after H+K is gonna be dirty lol.

Allan Paris

Guaranteed damage! yay!

People must be hitting buttons after you GB them. That's the only way you would get Hi Counter from those attacks.

4H+K got the nerf I thought it was going to get. However, she still got the juice when she lands it on any hit.

66P is bananas.

Now they did do some dumbshit to the properties of some her moves. Like the 3K adjustment on hit fucked up the wall splat from it. P+K no longer wall splats, I knew about that one though. That was actually a good thing that those moves wall splat.

Murakame

Guaranteed damage! yay!

If any hit connects at all there must be major netcode issues. You can get hi counter strikes if the try to do a slow grab but that guard break is -7. That means you have a 23 frame 1P and a 19 frame 4P. I might be wrong but I don't think there's anyone in the cast with basic strikes that slow.

As for her wall game she can use 6PP, 3PK, P+K6 P, P P+K6 P and 6H+K. Im not going to lie though 3K and P+K were the best options IMO and it sucks that they are gone.

ErickBello

Well, I realized that my opponent was mashing buttons...offline.
Still, the GB is pretty good from a point that you can pressure your opponent further than poking here and there.
But I have a question, can you sucessfully throw from that guard break?

Murakame

Well, I realized that my opponent was mashing buttons...offline.
Still, the GB is pretty good from a point that you can pressure your opponent further than poking here and there.
But I have a question, can you successfully throw from that guard break?

If you are stopping at 66PP and still getting counter blows off Kasumi's jabs mids and 1P then your opponent was either slow in trying to throw punish you (because -7 is unsafe) or did not know that if you do not teleport a second or 2 after you perform the guard break they can use any mid faster than 16 frames and get counter blows off you. If they mash jab and you 1P that would work because despite the frame disadvantage because it's a high crush. I can show you what I mean when we dojo again.

To answer your question about the throws you can throw successfully if your opponent isn't mashing buttons by doing 66PP 6P+K T or if you feel like taking a huge risk you can stop at 66PP and do one of her regular throws.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD