Kasumi needs buffs~!

Princess Kasumi

So did TN really think they buffed her 66k.k? on heavy charactes you can only do 4pkk(best dmg on heavy)
on Middle characters its hard to connect 4pkk during (33p 2p) i really want it back to doa5 it was a lot better also the risk you take.

her new move 66kk didnt make it any better, its 17- on block and only does 20+ on hit thats horrible!

she has bad stun moves, 8p has bad range but its 4- or 5-. i dont know when to use it. 6k has like 11+ or 12+ on hit, i usually follow it up with her ppk, i wish it had more +. then we have 1pp (i guess i should just abuse it if the player doesnt know how to throw punish it)

h+k no more backturned really annoying. for nerfing this move, they should atleast have improved the range.

1k is so easy to stagger escape, the range is horrible.

6pp should have stun like kokoros 6pp

her 9kp should atleast do guard break and put you on + for once, both k and p is throw punishable.

i would like kasumi's 8T being OH. if not then they should remove jann's dragon gunner and his unblockable move and same thing goes for leifang. its really unfair these characters has OH throws.

kasumi's new 46T is horrible compared to her 66T, then bring her something that is more useful.

improve the speed of 2h+k

dmg nerf on 236T. thats really nice.

can no longer use pkkk during 4pk.

I want to know your opinion about kasumi.

Tenryuga

Kasumi is still viable; you make it sound like she was ruined. She got unnecessary tweaks to her moves yeah but she is very much playable. Be glad she's not Kokoro who they stripped of most good things and hardly gave anything good in return. Just adjust to the new system and her new tools. I'm tired of seeing all this whining. I'm discontent with what was done to my characters too but I'm just going to shut up and take it. There is going to be a balance patch down the road anyways. That's when we hit team ninja with the necessary information and hope they listen to us when it comes to balance for once.

Tenryuga

So did TN really think they buffed her 66k.k? on heavy charactes you can only do 4pkk(best dmg on heavy)
on Middle characters its hard to connect 4pkk during (33p 2p) i really want it back to doa5 it was a lot better also the risk you take.

her new move 66kk didnt make it any better, its 17- on block and only does 20+ on hit thats horrible!

Don't use new 66KK too often.

she has bad stun moves, 8p has bad range but its 4- or 5-. i dont know when to use it. 6k has like 11+ or 12+ on hit, i usually follow it up with her ppk, i wish it had more +. then we have 1pp (i guess i should just abuse it if the player doesnt know how to throw punish it)

Use 8P to hop over expected lows. 6K is +15 on fastest slow escape. That's enough for us to mix up our opponent. 1PP should only be used for crushing purposes not just putting in on the screen for the sake of putting it on the screen.

h+k no more backturned really annoying. for nerfing this move, they should atleast have improved the range.

H+K spins opponents around during stun. 9K still hits, and 6K hits if they dont stagger fast enough.

1k is so easy to stagger escape, the range is horrible.

NO shit. It's a close range move and a low at that. This would be one shitty game if all lows were deep stuns that allowed entry into the stun game.

6pp should have stun like kokoros 6pp

6pp guarantees us a hit. I'll take that over Kokoros stun that allows her to guess.

her 9kp should atleast do guard break and put you on + for once, both k and p is throw punishable.

The move is meant to be used as a close range whiff punisher. It doesn't need that property though it is dumb that alphas version of the move gives her + frames I will give you that.

i would like kasumi's 8T being OH. if not then they should remove jann's dragon gunner and his unblockable move and same thing goes for leifang. its really unfair these characters has OH throws.

IDGAF about the other OH's but yes this throw really needs to be an OH.

kasumi's new 46T is horrible compared to her 66T, then bring her something that is more useful.

46T puts the opponent into a 50 / 50. Condition the opponent to get the response you want. It makes it mad easy to open people up.

improve the speed of 2h+k

This low is useless. Even if it had better speed I wouldn't use it.

dmg nerf on 236T. thats really nice.

It's just 4 points on most juggles.

can no longer use pkkk during 4pk.

Use PP7K~P+K.

I want to know your opinion about kasumi.

She is an super sexy bangin kunoichi that kicks ass. :cool:

Last edited:

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I think 8P should be completely redesigned. It should still be a jump, but a high instead of a mid. Like a cross-chop to the head with the same damage output and stun properties.

Has anyone found decent bound followups for her?

And I know of two bounds right now, and neither are particularly easy to execute:

3PPP at maximum threshold seems to be the more viable one.

and... her 4P string, in which every punch must connect, including the first one. I don't like this.

Tenryuga

I think 8P should be completely redesigned. It should still be a jump, but a high instead of a mid. Like a cross-chop to the head with the same damage output and stun properties.

Has anyone found decent bound followups for her?

And I know of two bounds right now, and neither are particularly easy to execute:

3PPP at maximum threshold seems to be the more viable one.

and... her 4P string, in which every punch must connect, including the first one. I don't like this.

4P strings don't bound. You must have been taking about 3PPP. 66KK bounds when it breaks the threshold and the SDS version of 66KK is also a bound. 4H+K is also a bound at max threshold but I don't see the point in doing that unless you don't have the execution to do her better 33K juggles. ( 33K 66KK 7K 6P+K KK or P+K.) Most bounds you would follow with BT 2P 4PKK if she is back turned or 33P 2P 4PKK. If the height blows then 7K P+K or plain 4PKK.

Also 8P being a high would defeat the entire purpose of the move because it would whiff crouchers.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
he meant 44p i think

Yeah, and to be honest I guess I don't completely understand the mechanic of bounds? I don't really see 4KK as mentioned in your guide as a bound, I see it as a bounce.

The way I see a bound is when a character slides across the floor and you have to chase after them for the extra damage.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
@deathofaninja . Bounds give a small juggle follow up. They're very viable off a good mixup. I feel like Kasumi's 44P bounds are useless since you really don't finish out the strings or at least I don't but it's something that I probably shouldn't just write off, explore them more & make them work. I feel the same way about the new juggles in 5U too. Like evading other's jabs & then coming back with a jab of my own.

As far what do I think, she's worse than 5 no doubt, but she still can win. She's unsafer than before which she has always been unsafe, just she was safer than she was in 4 in vanilla. It just means you're working harder. I'm trying to tough it out & make the most of her because I believe I can still fight wit her. I've finally been getting banged up leveling up my game with some people online & feel like I'm making good progress with her.

Plus, the game hasn't even been out that long & people a having a heart attack. On top of this, there's a patch coming up. She's not bad. She still has bit of guaranteeds but most people are upset about H+K 6K being gone (so am I) & 66KK being changed. But it gives 9K (H+K does) as an option.66K~K believe it or not is still a good tool, only the 1st K doesn't track. 4PK launch height was something that I could live with honestly. Now 66KK the new 1 I think is ass unless you have the in the air & want to slam them into the wall. It isn't that big of a difference though I loved the way it launched in 5. It just means you're not getting a juggle like you were before, but you still get something after 4PK. Only difference is that the launch height is smaller. Something is better than nothing. 46T is not horrible. It helps her keep up her pressure game, so it's definitely a tool that can be used. I agree that 8T should be an OH though.

I just hope something can be found &/or this patch does some good adjustments, but she's definitely playable. Some people are making it worse than it seems. I'm not underestimating this character. Not 1 bit. The same kind of shit like this happened at the beginning of vanilla, but they got an eye opener.

Edit: you're not supposed to use 1K as a range tool. 1K is supposed to serve as a trip stun & stop a move that tracks along with other tracking moves that she has (P+K, 6PK, 44P strings etc)

Last edited by a moderator:

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
You make some good points, and Shadow played an excellent game of Kasumi at TFC; I've just always enjoyed playing her on the side and now I find it hard to connect any string, or any move. She has useless guard breaks, I mean if Alpha didn't have any notable ones she would probably be in the same boat as Kasumi.

I'm working with her, but I'm not necessarily happy about having to work harder. Look forward to the patch.

Princess Kasumi

what i really would like back is her 8T being OH, it gets sidestepped or poked out most of the time, so u have to be really lucky if its gonna throw the player. if its a problem to make it OH, then just nerf the dmg. because this throw has no use for me

if she gets her old 66kk back i am more than fine with kasumi

and please make her 6pp give + atleast than getting -1 on hit.

when is the new patch out?

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Yeah I don't even use 8T. It's pretty much useless. What do you not like about 66K~K? It "is" the old 1 just that it bounds rather than goes into stun animation. It still acts the same as if you were to juggle with it with 4PKK, 7K 6P+K KK, PP6P6K, 33P 2P, & PP7K combo options.

Tenryuga

Yeah I don't even use 8T. It's pretty much useless. What do you not like about 66K~K? It "is" the old 1 just that it bounds rather than goes into stun animation. It still acts the same as if you were to juggle with it with 4PKK, 7K 6P+K KK, PP6P6K, 33P 2P, & PP7K combo options.

66K~K was a sitdown stun that guaranteed 3H+K and critical burst. Pretty much way more damaging options than what she has now. 4KK was better before it was a bound too because the bounce let you get PKK7K followups and 33P juggles. If they made it so her bounds let her get 33P, 2P, 4PKK at all times or just 33P into a small juggle it would be better because the followups she has right now are weak compared to other characters. 4KK is alright because I can hit 100 points off that.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
66K~K was a sitdown stun that guaranteed 3H+K and critical burst. Pretty much way more damaging options than what she has now. 4KK was better before it was a bound too because the bounce let you get PKK7K followups and 33P juggles. If they made it so her bounds let her get 33P, 2P, 4PKK at all times or just 33P into a small juggle it would be better because the followups she has right now are weak compared to other characters. 4KK is alright because I can hit 100 points off that.
[QUOTEWhat do you not like about 66K~K? It "is" the old 1 just that it bounds rather than goes into stun animation. It still acts the same as if you were to juggle with it with 4PKK, 7K 6P+K KK, PP6P6K, 33P 2P, & PP7K combo options. ][/QUOTE]

I'm saying what it does now regardless of how good it was in vanilla. I enjoyed that just as much as you all did.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD