Kasumi needs buffs~!

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
Kasumi is pretty shit in this game. With that said I have sent in my own personal list of buffs. If you do not play the character, or offline and have no interest there is no point in you coming in this topic trying to tell any of us how great our character is supposedly is. Tenryuga and JDE if you guys want to see my buff request I will happily show you guys on Skype. (I've updated my list since the last time I've spoke to you about it, Ten.).

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
I'll look when I get home after class. She's decent but takes a lot more work to win. I've already submitted my list .

Allan Paris

:1::K: and the string variant of it (:P::P::2::K:) needs to return being a trip stun on all hits.

:2::P: Would be great if it left her neutral on HIT while remaining 12 frames fast.

:6::6::K::5::K: Sit-down stun needs to go back to what it was in DOA5.

NEW :P::P::6::P::K::K: Should guard break leaving her at a slight disadvantage but she can teleport from it going into her Hoshinpo dash.

:3::H+K: Would be nice if this returned to being a high crush.

NEW :3::K::6_::K: The second :K: should go into her :3::H+K:.

:4::H+K: On CH it should cause an unholdable stun like in DOA5. On HCH or at the end of the stun threshold it should cause a bound like it does now.

These are few thing that I had in mind for a while now. It would nice to see them. There's a few other changes that I can post but I have to go for now.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
It would really be nice if she had a tracking option in her hoshinpo dash where the opponent can't sidestep it. She needed that in vanilla I though too along with the hitboxes of 66K, P+K, being fixed.

Some that I mentioned in the list other than above:

9PK needs to be a mid
66PP guard break should be at least +2 rather
9PKP+K is -2 rather than in the pluses
8T as an OH (many people listed this)
Hoshinpo K should also launch a little bit higher than what it does.

Tenryuga

- Increase damage of :9::P::K: and reduce wall tracking and knockback to make it more enviornment friendly. As it is right now there is little benefit in using these juggles over vanilla juggles. Also make it a mid kick.

- :P: should be neutral or -1 on block.

- :2::P: - should be nothing but neutral.

- Increase speed and launch height of :K::K::P: and :4::K::P:. The punch should be about 18-20 frames to allow for a better 50 / 50.

-:4::6::H+P: should leave the opponent in jab range. No reason for it to leave the opponent out of jab range.

-Restore the stun of :3::P::P: to +18. This move did not warrant a stun nerf.

-Reduce the pushback of :3::K: and restore wallsplat property. I have yet to see a character that has a :3::K: that doesn't wallsplat.

-:8::H+P: should be an weak OH around 35 points damage.

-:6::6::K::K: should give no less than +14 fastest SE which guarantees a :9::K: launch. If TN is against people having guaranteed launchers then +13 is fine.

-:3::P+K::K: needs better launch height to make hoshinpo mixups worthwhile in stun.

-:6::6::P::P: should jail. They can crush the guard break and even if she gets it the hoshinpo followups are all dealt with by sidestep which is stupid.

-:3::P+K: - Needs tracking. Preferably a tracking low strike.

Last edited:

Saber

Hoshinpo Dash into K should be the same launch height as 4PK which would actually allow a juggle follow up (PP7K P+K).
PPPKK/3PKK needs to go back to how it used to be.
Make 6PKK a guard break or neutral on block.
Hoshinpo P/PPPPP/3PPP/9KP/6P6KP needs to be -2.
2KK needs a higher launch height.
6P+K should be neutral on block.
P should be neutral on hit and on block.
2P should be neutral on hit.
CH H+K should guarantee 6K again.

And also what the others said. I'm really this close to dropping Kasumi because of the effort that is required to play her as compared to her DOA5 iteration. It doesn't help that she's stupidly unsafe on pretty much everything.

Last edited:

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Too many people complain about Kasumi. Ninjas in general. Rather than learn how to fight her, it's "I hate ninjas." "Ninjas need to be nerfed". "Ninjas always overshadow the cast." And that statement is not even true from a competitive standpoint of view. It's pretty unfortunate that you have people in the community like that instead of rather playing & learning how to fight them. But it is what it is.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD