kasumi's Vortex

avi

:6::6::F+P::5::7::K::5::6::P+K::K: :5::7::K: :P+K:. this works on light and mid weights. on lights you get +11 and +9 on mids. this is a great way for kasumi to keep the pressure on especially since the ground game is so inconsistent. :P+K: hitting them as they hit the ground seems to be the key for the untechable in this case. i was wondering if she could do this from any other of her combo's. hopefully some one can expand on this tech making kasumi's a rush down stronger on wake up. after the +11 i found that doing:9::P::K::5::P+K:or:F+P: strong options since one gives you +1 on block and can't be held and :F+P: option for those who like to block or hold. of course if the:9::P::K: lands there put in a sit down stun and she gets her knee launcher guaranteed so you have to watch and see if they block the initial :9::P::K: or it hits and react with the correct fallow up.
just found some more =p

avi

ok i found a good amount of untechables from almost all her launchers and her air throw on light and mid weights. prolly guna end up changing this thread to "kasumi's vortex" since on wake up weather she hits you with a throw or lands a hit it all loops into it self. its liek 5 am right now n i'm off to bed but tomorrow tho? shit is fina pop off!

Murakame

ok i found a good amount of untechables from almost all her launchers and her air throw on light and mid weights. prolly guna end up changing this thread to "kasumi's vortex" since on wake up weather she hits you with a throw or lands a hit it all loops into it self. its liek 5 am right now n i'm off to bed but tomorrow tho? shit is fina pop off!

Great finds dude can't wait to try some of this out

Chaos

That was some awesome shit dude, Im going to try those combos when I get a chance to play it again.;) By the way, I LMAO when you said " uh! suck a d*ck son!"

Sixmsj

Great find.

We should compile a list of setups for her untechable.

Thank avi.

Edit: Here's what I have compiled so far. Damage/Frame + numbers.

Counter Hit:
:3::3::P::5::2::P::5::P::P::7::K::5::P+K: 63/10
:P::P::7::K::5::6::P+K::5: :7::K: :5::P+K: 63/9

Normal:
:6::6::F+P::5::F+P::5::7::K::5::6::P+K::K::5::7::K::5::P+K: 67/9

avi

i'm currently working on a video witch will be done in an hour or so showcasing exactly how dope and deadly kasumi's vortex is fina be =p the video is done just uploading to youtube right now. i was kina loaded when i recorded so if i was sluuring or repeating my self or saying dumb shit it's cus i was sippin. any ways they shit is liek 30% done hope you enjoy

avi

:kasumi: this works on light and mid weights ^.^ i was sippin a lil bit so if i slurr or repeat my self my b. special thanx to my girl friend for helpin me discover this tech ^.~ love you phylicia aka gt AarLySs
this eliminates wake up kicks and gives kasumi a strong 50/50. can be done on CB NH CH from almost all her launchers. what you choose to do ultimately depends on what your opponent chooses to do on wake up, guessing correctly gives you another importunity to guess again looping in to itself hence the name "vortex". kasumi has multiple responses for each situation. oh yeah.. your welcome =p

Keylay

Can't the opponent low block, low counter, or do a low attack when they are rising from the ground to get out?

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
The vortex is solid stuff.

And then I tank roll you.

Be careful who you guys use this on, certain matchups are not going to be beneficial for this.

Allan Paris

Nice to see someone find What I was showing Allan Paris at summer jam.

Yeah I know right.

The game took out unholdables from force techs so I fell back on doing them as much. Then to top it off the opponent can block, hold, or SS whatever you do to follow up with. Also, you have to attack correctly to beat them out if you decide to attack. As I am sure many noticed, Kasumi is offset when she does this force tech because the punch is hitting off axis on block and hit. So depending on which one you do, your opponent can be close or far from you. When they are far 1P is about your only option to stun them if they press a button. Pretty much everything else she does is getting beat out at a distance. So you'd sacrifice damage she needs to get on CH or HCH hit for a 50/50 that will go out the window the moment you tech them too far. Doing this and they remain up close to you is ok to do on NH. I highly advise not to do these on CH or HCH.

Then there's this
The vortex is solid stuff.

And then I tank roll you.

Be careful who you guys use this on, certain matchups are not going to be beneficial for this.

The universal SS allows the whole cast to deal with this effectively. Then you have characters that will completely ignore your 50/50 and just reset the situation back to neutral and that's if they decide not to attack when they evade you.

To name some: Bayman (as Rikuto just mentioned), Hayate, Christie, and Ayane. Also, any character that has a moving idle position and it aids then while backing up (ie Jann Lee) they can avoid your highs and one of your quick mid attacks (6P) everything else may hit on neutral. Oh yeah, Ayane is also avoiding your highs and I want to say mids with her Hajin Roll, it may be lows. I haven't messed with it in a while.

Her force techs do blow players up who like to press buttons, I will say that lol.

Threads merged.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
And this is why Kasumi is THE water Pokemon trainer, folks.

You can learn a lot from a Magikarp... Splash has never been more super-effective.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD