Koei Tecmo at TGS 2023

Koei Tecmo will be making an appearance at TGS 2023 showing plenty of new games and content for current titles. The company will be at the public creator booth with Team NINJA demonstrating Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty, they will be selling merchandise (including DOAX) at their booth(s) and will have three different live streams. The first two live streams are RPG titles: Fate/Samurai Remnant (which has some surprising hype behind it) and the latest Atelier title which will start off as a mobile game and work its way to PC later.

Following up those live streams will be a 1-hour Friday presentation from Koei Tecmo at TGS. While it's likely we will see Rise of Ronin as the ending to their program, it's completely unclear whether we will get a tease for Dead or Alive or NINJA Gaiden. Team NINJA will also be celebrating their Lies of P x Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty collaboration & a second big DLC for the game. Because of Rise of Ronin the general feeling is no more Team NINJA announcements this year. That being said, Koei Tecmo updated their program schedule and Dead or Alive Xtreme: Venus Vacation will indeed close the show unless their ending program has a special surprise.

TGS is typically an unsatisfying affair, but regardless of that I'll be watching the streams naturally; not just because I enjoy most of Koei Tecmo's games, but because I also want to see where the general direction from the company is going. In terms of Team NINJA news this is the quietest they have ever been in almost every aspect possible. Check out Koei Tecmo's official TGS site from time to time as they are updating it regularly.

Before TGS, Koei Tecmo regularly announces the games they will be showing and playing at the event. Fate/Samurai Remnant (Playstation, Steam, Switch) and Atelier Resleriana (ioS, Android, Steam) have been announced for a while now and are considered staple Koei Tecmo games for this financial quarter. Once again, they are being adorned with their own individual streams before Koei Tecmo's one-hour showcase, but it does not mean they will not dip into the one-hour program as well.

Koei Tecmo has also announced Romance of the Three Kingdoms 8: Remake (Playstation, Steam, Switch), Romance of the Three Kingdoms Hadou (iOS, Android, Steam), NOBUNAGA'S AMBITION: Shutsujin (iOS, Android), and finally NOBUNAGA'S AMBITION: Hadou (iOS, Android, Steam). This list of games indicates that Koei Tecmo will continue to push classic titles on the mobile platform with Steam also hosting most of their games with the exception of Shutsujin.

[Update 9.21.23 3am PT] Team NINJA has kicked off their side of the TGS 2023 show with a brand-new trailer for the second upcoming Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty DLC - Conqueror of Jiangdong. This further completes the near-perfect Wo Long experience alongside the first DLC volume available within the Season Pass, and free collaboration costumes to stylize your character. Team NINJA will also hold one of their infamous Dead or Alive Xtreme: Venus Vacation streams where literally almost anything can happen.

Last edited:
Could you just not be rude to other people on here when presenting your opinion?
OK. I'm glad that DOAN is enjoying the coverage of KT at TGS. I don't mean to be a pissant, but I think to your credit, I think it's better that KT are trying to keep their new games a secret, thus making all this speculation more potent and/or fun to do.

And considering PC Game Pass got its initial price slashed by 1000 yen as of today, (and 990 yen on Amazon for Game Pass Ultimate), it seems I can finally give up on being paranoid Xbox is gonna get ignored by Koei-Tecmo if people, A, try to help keep the community from completely disbanding on Xbox among other platforms, and B, actually trying to help support them on their own turf like @EmeryReigns would.

So, I have no complaints so far, but I AM tempering my expectations, cuz I don't always agree with you guys on much and I don't want to see Koei-Tecmo squandering their goodwill as they have been capable of doing in the past.

Even with the lowest expectations, Koei Tecmo somehow still fails to deliver at that at TGS... insane.

At the very least they could've bundled Lisa, Mila, and Christie (stopping short of Rachel and NiCO due to complications with the voice actors) into XVV and call it a day, but they couldn't be bothered to do even that for DOAX fans... DOAX fans, of all people. Their vaunted moneymaker of the franchise to date.

It's bad enough Ninja Gaiden and DOA fighting game fans had nothing to look forward to, but even I gotta admit this is insultingly bad for a TGS showcase. I'd even go so far to say this is their worst showcase yet as far as DOA and Ninja Gaiden is concerned IMO.

The drought is real. And the worst part is that we'll have to eat crow for the next two years at most. The wait is painful just thinking about it.

At the very least they could've bundled Lisa, Mila, and Christie (stopping short of Rachel and NiCO due to complications with the voice actors) into XVV and call it a day, but they couldn't be bothered to do even that for DOAX fans... DOAX fans, of all people. Their vaunted moneymaker of the franchise to date.
The fact that they didn't even reveal a new XVV exclusive girl is actually laughable lmao. Why even have an XVV spot at TGS in the first place?

In many ways worse.

At least EA puts some kind of production value into their games before they scam you with them.
Surprisingly, EA seem like they may actually be willing to rectify mistakes when customers call them out, as opposed to giving up entirely.

When they were rightly upbraided for their mishandling of Star Wars Battlefront II's microtransactions and overall lack of content on release, EA actually made an effort to fix it. I remember revisiting the game two years after its release, and to my surprise it actually felt like a complete game - they were still providing brand new content for free via periodic updates.

The fact that they didn't even reveal a new XVV exclusive girl is actually laughable lmao. Why even have an XVV spot at TGS in the first place?
As someone that plays Venus Vacation, the presentation this TGS was incredibly underwhelming. If they don't announce a new girl at the game's 6th anniversary in November, I will assume Koei Tecmo is finally sunsetting the gacha which would mean that all things Dead or Alive are effectively dead.

As someone that plays Venus Vacation, the presentation this TGS was incredibly underwhelming. If they don't announce a new girl at the game's 6th anniversary in November, I will assume Koei Tecmo is finally sunsetting the gacha which would mean that all things Dead or Alive are effectively dead.
Do you think that there's a possibility that they're tapering off content for DOAXVV because they're planning a new installment of the Xtreme series? I'd be shocked if they abandoned gacha entirely.

Do you think that there's a possibility that they're tapering off content for DOAXVV because they're planning a new installment of the Xtreme series? I'd be shocked if they abandoned gacha entirely.
Koei Tecmo are going very hard on gacha. Even after the successful Ryza trilogy, the new game in the Atelier series is a Japan-only gacha on Steam (where have I seen that before?). However, the gacha landscape has changed a lot since 2017 and now China and Korea are kicking Japan's ass in this genre with Genshin Impact, Blue Archive, Nikke, to name a few.

Venus Vacation, as is, is low maintenance and big return (otherwise it wouldn't have lasted 6 years) but in investor's infinite greed I wonder if the game is growing at a pace they're happy with. Venus Vacation 2 seems like a possibility but I don't know what would be more damaging for the franchise: more years of Venus Vacation or no DOA anything to be around in any form.

I wish Koei Tecmo were less shit and could pull what Skullgirls did with Skullgirls Mobile or Melty Blood Type Lumina with FGO, but unfortunately luck isn't in our side.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD