Koei Tecmo: Games, Developer & Business News

TheHunterKiller692

The head honcho of KT himself went to a meeting.

010.jpg

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Some media outlets stated that Rise of the Ronin was cancelled in South Korea, but Sony is insisting that is not the case, and that it was never planned for release for that location.

To my surprise, Sony players and Sony related media are also being critical of RotR in comparison to last year's Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty and before that critically acclaimed Nioh franchise. Hopefully Team NINJA was showing an older build of the game at the last showcase in order to appeal to a very demanding base.

Hayashi states that in order to excel in his type of position that being a gamer is critical in his latest interview.

Don't forget to check out Fate Samurai Remnant DLC 1; I attest that it's an incredibly fun game.

Favorite this site to keep in touch with Koei Tecmo's financials. We'll have a business report of our own to define what's going on in the coming months. We are looking forward to seeing and discussing financials for RotR.

Last edited:

TheHunterKiller692

Yeah, still not gonna pay for it full-price. I'd LIKE to have it on Xbox, if need be, but these BTS videos aren't exactly getting me hyped. "Hey, look. We actually went looking for shit that's already in our backyard and posting videos about it." with two talking heads and a few gameplay shots. (Visually, at least.) Add to that the fact KT have posted fuck all about this game, and you have a recipe for disaster. The NG fanboy in me knows that they could do better than this.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
they're pretty confident with this one
If I was in Team NINJA’s shoes I would be shaking.

Ronin failing would not be good for their morale. Sony would think less of them, the soulslike would have to take a backseat and it would be seven years of dev time down the toilet.

Let’s face it: the reception wasn’t good for the last trailer. Lots of negativity with the visuals and we know how that can hold onto these so called critics and how desperate Sony is to have 9s for all their theatrical timed exclusives on Metacritic.

Last edited:

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
both could be shaking cause sony bear the publishing cost

Sony’s typical response as proven with the Microsoft ABK deal is that if a game doesn’t do well financially or with reviews that they will just flat out say it’s not good.

They lose confidence in other people’s work easily and based off what I can tell they are not spending the marketing dollars on this project as they did other games or even Nioh 2.

It’ll be interesting to see how it does.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Rise of the Ronin will feature Nioh 2's famous character creation mode, PvE Cooperative and three difficulties. This will be the third game in a row where the character creation mode is utilized. Team NINJA's character creation mode is great, so I think it was well spent money on the part of KT.

TheHunterKiller692

Sony lose confidence in other people’s work easily, and based off what I can tell, they are not spending the marketing dollars on this project as they did other games or even Nioh 2.
I'm not feeling optimistic. They've learned nothing, and I'm pissed. Worse, chances are they'll try to cut their losses and keep Xbox off the table unless our government intervenes or we keep losing money as Xbox fans.

HHH816

New team ninja interview about the 1st annivesary of bore-long

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team

New team ninja interview about the 1st annivesary of bore-long

I don't understand why some people have beef with Wo Long; it's a fantastic game.

Koei Tecmo is heavily involved with breaking ground for video game museum that uses cutting edge technology to educate people on the history of our hobby.

Short-Interest increase within Koei Tecmo:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I don't understand why some people have beef with Wo Long; it's a fantastic game.

It's because they only believe in DOA supremacy and expects KT/TN to only make "DOA" games, when in reality it's a gaming company that's suppose to make games in general which people are in disbelief that such a thing exists. It's blasphemous. Every other game/IP made by TN, or working with 3rd party companies that isn't DOA (or somewhat NG), is pretty much "this is not my TN, how can they betray us like this". With many factors in play including DOA bias and having their DOA experience be the spear runner to altering outside DOA experience to not try anything else due to bad habits.

Just because Square Enix's flagship series is Final Fantasy does not mean they have to throw Nier and Dragon Quest under the bus for trying something new.

For me I thought Wo Long was "alright" so I personally felt Nioh was a better game (imo), maybe Ronin can change it up. However i'm still boggled that people are surprised with TN working on another action game called Ronin and in development back-to-back for said action games. It's a gaming company. It makes sense that they make other games. The only exception for genuine concern is Ninja Gaiden. We haven't seen a new one in a decade so it's long overdue, however DOA needs time to recollect on what to do next with the series. Hopefully not too long obviously.

Last edited:

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
2024 Patent Descriptions for Koei Tecmo:

They are still supporting Omega's 2020 One Piece: Pirate Warriors franchise with more character releases:

Did you know about Koei Tecmo's F2P Uncharted Waters on Steam & Smart Phones?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD