Kokoro 1.04 Changes

Commmanda Panda

Here's the translated patch notes provided by shoryuken

Kokoro
  • 6PPP: Recovery reduced from 33 to 30F.
  • 66P+K: 4th hit damage effect changed, follow attacks can be Held.
  • 1KK2P: Like 3K2P, ends in crouching state.
  • 33P: Damage reduced from 28 to 22.
  • 214T·4T: Damage reduced from 15 to 12.
  • 44P: On a successful read, cannot be Held.
  • 1P: Counter Hit and above advantage changed from +26 to +21F.
  • 3K2P, PK2P, 1KK2P, Back 4PK2P: Counter Hit and above advantage changed from +26 to +21F.
  • 33P+K: Command reception adjusted.
  • Heichu P: Counter Hit and above damage effect changed.
  • Heichu 2P: Counter Hit and above damage effect changed.

Shoryuken link: http://shoryuken.com/2014/01/14/dea...tion-tests-begins-today-change-list-released/

Original Patch Note link: http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/doa5/ultimate/arcade/img/top/patch_1.04_lt.pdf

What do you guys think of these changes?

Commmanda Panda

44P possibly very very good if timed right. 6PPP neutral on block is amazing. Even with the other nerfs (lol 62 damage throw), it sounds like overall buffs to me.
6PPP was already good too. Not too sure what they mean on 44P though. If you got the sabaki off it wasn't holdable anyways

just_me

Standard Donor
Sounds more like bug-fixes and smaller nerfs to me...
The Heichu changes are possible buffs, but no Faint Stun after 66P+K hurts, doesn't it?
Not even sure, if the new 6PPP is really +0 on Block... they could have messed with the guard stun as well to offset the lower recovery (like they did in err... 1.02(?) with 66P. Recovery was increased, but so was guard stun, so it's still safe), doesn't make much sense, but who knows :p
62 Dmg for a 3-part Command Throw is kinda low imo (you can still mess it up afterall)... well whatever

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
It is low 'cause other strikers have regular throws that do more damage at the same speed.

EDIT: Yeah, if 44P was just bug fixing instead of the stun being unholdable, then it's nerfs again. :v It's okay, she's been nerfed every patch since DOA4 so it's only natural~

Bushido

These nerfs don't seem like they're going to be too big of a deal. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Commmanda Panda

Yeah they have been reducing her damage gradually through the various updates. No matter I'll still use her lol no point in switching from a character i like playing

Bushido

Even with all the damage nerfs, her output is pretty high. So, it's not too bad. By the way, is 214T 62 damage on HCT or Neutral?

just_me

Standard Donor
Even with all the damage nerfs, her output is pretty high. So, it's not too bad. By the way, is 214T 62 damage on HCT or Neutral?

On Neutral... 62 Dmg on HiCounter would be ridiculous... I think here 5T does more Dmg than that xD

ScattereDreams

I don't know. The trade of having heichu follow up's held after 66p+k or having a unholdable CB setup if 44P lands successfully? I think a few tracking moves would have been better lol but I'll work with pk. Why are they so fixated on making her stay linear. Kokoro would be a much stronger character if she could just deal with sidesteps better. I mained her until I found out how linear she was her punch throw strings may work on some character but not characters who have their unique SS that goes under highs so PK for now substitutes.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
I don't think the 44P change is that anymore. @just_me brought this to my attention and I've tested it myself. Try timing a mid against 44P so that the first few sabaki frames of 44P catches it. You can hold the actual 44P hit. Not the 7P or the 9P or whatever you do after. The actual 44P hit can be held after it sabakis something. I think the change is just to fix that.

EDIT: Try this in training mode: Kokoro vs Kokoro and record P2 doing K F 44P. Play it back, block the kick, do a 6P, then immediately mid punch hold. It catches the 44P on HiCH.

Last edited:

GeomighT

Maybes its my eyes but im maybe most certain that the nerfs out number the buffs this patch .

66P+K: 4th hit damage effect changed, follow attacks can be Held.
SUCH a game changer but may take ppl a while to realize this to gain the most potential from it .

1KK2P: Like 3K2P, ends in crouching state.
Could be nice along with this change "Certain moves that could not be done from a crouching state can now be done." Would love to be able to perform "236 P+K" from crouch state or "1k" .

What the hell does this mean, good or bad ?

Last edited:

Commmanda Panda

What the hell does this mean, good or bad ?
I'm not too sure either. I'll just wait until TN gives the official translated patch notes after they are done location testing lol

GeomighT

• 1P: Counter Hit and above advantage changed from +26 to +21F.
  • 3K2P, PK2P, 1KK2P, Back 4PK2P: Counter Hit and above advantage changed from +26 to +21F.
Stagger Escaping 1P and 3K2P should be slightly quicker for foes .
No Longer to connect :3: :3: :P:+:K: / :7: :K: / :7: :P: / :4: :P: :+: :K: / :9: :K: / :2: :3: :6: :P: / :P: :+: :K:

FlamingMuffin

After my break I expected to come back to see some TLC by Team Ninja put onto Kokoro. Instead, I see they trololol her instead. 66P+K change really blows.

Tenryuga

Dunno about you guys but if 6PPP is neutral on block that I'm abusing that. That's exceptionally braindead and makes it mad easy to get HCT 214T in neutral. That justifies the minor damage decrease IMO.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD