Kokoro Q & A

Musourenka

Better characters than Kokoro in this game?

An official ranking of all the characters is still in progress, but so far, I'd say that the only two characters who are without a doubt better than Kokoro are Jann Lee and Lei-Fang.

Basically, she's really good, but not stupid good.

NightAntilli

I'd say Gen Fu is better than Kokoro too. He has an easier time launching, has a bunch of moves that can't be held (if held the opponent sidesteps instead), has way better evasion, is faster, has better lows, has parries and can also get guaranteed bursts. Kokoro can too, but lacks all of the other mentioned tools.

synce

I haven't seen any Kokoro hate yet... but I agree Jann Lei and Gen are better, IMO they're the top 3 characters (all Chinese go figure). Kokoro and Mila probably round out the top 5

Better characters than Kokoro in this game?

An official ranking of all the characters is still in progress, but so far, I'd say that the only two characters who are without a doubt better than Kokoro are Jann Lee and Lei-Fang.

Basically, she's really good, but not stupid good.
she's stupid good "come on son" :(

Roroko

Do people use her strike throws against aggressive opponents? I find either:

1. The throw gets interrupted with a HC; or
2. My strike CHs but the increased stun causes the subsequent throw to whiff.

Are they viable to be used against a non-defensive opponent? Or can people actually NH/block confirm before throwing?

And why is this board so deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeead?

Do people use her strike throws against aggressive opponents? I find either:

1. The throw gets interrupted with a HC; or
2. My strike CHs but the increased stun causes the subsequent throw to whiff.

Are they viable to be used against a non-defensive opponent? Or can people actually NH/block confirm before throwing?

And why is this board so deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeead?
explain to me how the aggressive player can even see the strike throw coming with out guessing

Roroko

any other kokoros wanna add me to spar and trade tips with?

I would but I'm in Aus and the lag would be unbearable >.>

explain to me how the aggressive player can even see the strike throw coming with out guessing

Oh right, I was thinking of the psychic AI for point 1.

And does anyone else have problems doing p2kp? pkp keeps coming out instead. Not sure if it's a buffering issue, my joystick or my input. I can do 2k and 2kp just fine but add the p in front and the wrong string comes out. This has been plaguing me since day 1.

Jiraiya-Sama2390

I would but I'm in Aus and the lag would be unbearable >.>

Oh right, I was thinking of the psychic AI for point 1.

And does anyone else have problems doing p2kp? pkp keeps coming out instead. Not sure if it's a buffering issue, my joystick or my input. I can do 2k and 2kp just fine but add the p in front and the wrong string comes out. This has been plaguing me since day 1.

I have no problem doing :P::2::K::P: whatsoever

Lagstab

i have a problem with the dpad doing 1p when im pressing 2p
also, sometimes the game drops when im the 6 in p6p when im juggling from 7k for some reason, and its quite annoying, that part of the combo is essential

Lagstab

does anyone know what determines kokoros 66p doing 36 damage, i know if you input 666p it will come out, but sometimes almost seemingly at random, it does 36 instead of 24

NightAntilli

Close hit maybe? Not sure.. But some moves do more damage or stun differently depending on what the distance is that you hit from.

Roroko

What do people think of doing 214T after landing 6PP or 6K?

iirc:

214T is i12
6PP is +11 on both NH and CH
6K is +14 on both NH and CH

It seems pretty easy to land the throw given the start-up frames mesh well with the frame advantages on the strikes and the stun is the same regardless of NH or CH, so less reaction/confirmation necessary.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
What's up guys & ladies? Yeah a lot of you know who I play & you're prolly wondering why I'm here. I have 2 characters I play offline & Kokoro has made my cut to be another 1 I play in the lineup. She's too good to leave on the sidelines so I couldn't resist. Imo, she took a big step from DOA4.

I went through her training & did quiet a few good sessions with her, but I just wanna clear understanding on how she supposed to be played. I know shes offensive, but I used the strategy guide heavily & relied on it to break her down. Like I'm stunning & launching basically the way I got it, but there's gotta be more to her because she's capable of so much more than how I play her. Which is why I'm here. What are her best launchers? How hard are they to time? etc.....

synce

Haven't used her in a while but playing Kokoro can be a little harsh on your thumbs I guess. Every juggle I'd be free cancelling like 3 or 4 times and if you want a guaranteed launch or CB from a sitdown that can be tricky too.

She's definitely good just not scary good like the guide makes her out to be. I think she has like ONE tracking move and it's a high kick. You can also be countered out of heichu and IMO 2h+k should be restored to its former glory.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Haven't used her in a while but playing Kokoro can be a little harsh on your thumbs I guess. Every juggle I'd be free cancelling like 3 or 4 times and if you want a guaranteed launch or CB from a sitdown that can be tricky too.

She's definitely good just not scary good like the guide makes her out to be. I think she has like ONE tracking move and it's a high kick. You can also be countered out of heichu and IMO 2h+k should be restored to its former glory.
Which is the reason why I partly blame Dogg about with all these sideways comments about the characters on the tier scales. He gave his projections then ppl bought into what he was saying before the game even came out -__- Especially Kasumi, Helena, & Hayabusa. But I think that was Dogg being Dogg... But yeah Kokoro is a solid character. & yeah my thumbs have took a beating from her too lmao!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD