Kokoro Q & A

Jiraiya-Sama2390

Ask any and all Kokoro questions here.

Here's my question to kick things off: How do you apply pressure with Kokoro? Coming from a Tekken background, she feels like Leo, who has to play passive-aggressive, look for your openings, utilize a strong mid game, and whiff punish at long range. She also seems unsafe on most of her strings.

NightAntilli

Applying pressure come from her mixups. Basically you have to use moves that have no easy answer out. So combining her mid string grabs with the attacks, using attacks where she can go high low and mid and so on.

KokoroFTW

I have a question about the survival mode. Im trying to beat it on Legendary difficulty and the AI is so cheap. All they do is counter counter and counter. Do any of you guys know a good strategy for beating the AI with Kokoro? They read my inputs b4 i input them.
Thanks.

KokoroFTW

^ This is from the strategy guide, a 2-in-1 is a two hit combo in which the second attack be blocked, evaded, countered, or otherwise avoided if the first hit connects.
A 2-in-1 combo for her is: :4::6::P::P:
A 3-in-1 combo for her: the first 3 hits in :4::P::P::P::P: is a 3-in-1 combo.,:6::6: :P+K:(note all three hits of the combo must hit in order for it to count as a 3-in-1 combo).
I believe thats allin for her.

Jiraiya-Sama2390

^ This is from the strategy guide, a 2-in-1 is a two hit combo in which the second attack be blocked, evaded, countered, or otherwise avoided if the first hit connects.
A 2-in-1 combo for her is: :4::6::P::P:
A 3-in-1 combo for her: the first 3 hits in :4::P::P::P::P: is a 3-in-1 combo.,:6::6: :P+K:(note all three hits of the combo must hit in order for it to count as a 3-in-1 combo).
I believe thats allin for her.

I'm confused. From my understanding from playing SF and Tekken, a 2-in-1 or NC (natural combo). is an attack(s) that is guaranteed after the first attack hits. So I take it in this game it's the opposite?

Dallas1088

What are my best options for poking/counter-poking with Kokoro? Do any of her moves (aside from 2F+K) crush highs? I was playing around with using 46PP to poke from a distance, but against characters like Lisa, it seems as if Kokoro gets spaced out pretty easy :(

KokoroFTW

For spacing a good move i found is:214::P:. It has really good distance and most ppl won't know or expect how far it goes. They can hold it, but i would say not to abuse it, but its a great move. If they block it i believe its guard crush for mid. Another that doesnt have as big range, but is not holdable and is a sitdown stun is :236::P:.

Dallas1088

For spacing a good move i found is:214::P:. It has really good distance and most ppl won't know or expect how far it goes. They can hold it, but i would say not to abuse it, but its a great move. If they block it i believe its guard crush for mid. Another that doesnt have as big range, but is not holdable and is a sitdown stun is :236::P:.

Good to know, thanks. Are there any moves with crushing abilities that aren't immediately obvious? I was curious about her 9P, but I'm not sure :-/

KokoroFTW

There is also 9k, CH 2p+k, and I think 46p still launches - doesn't it?
Yea you are right, but i was just going off the basic launchers the strategy guide goes over, but yea the ones you stated are correct as well. some on NH and some on CH.

ninjaguy446

Hello all! After some decideding, I'm making Kokoro my secondary. I have a couple questions. What is Kokoro's playstyle? What are good mixups to mixup? What are her weaknesses? And last but not least, what are some good Kokoro combos that are relatively easy-intermediate? Thanks in advance!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD