Kokoro version 1.03

phoenix1985gr

^ I'm pretty sure that was intended. People were abusing it in the Japanese tourney. I don't think a non-grappler should be doing so much damage from a simple hold anyway...

Thats what im saying... Her mid k hold mid screen is 118damage did they miss it and thought that now that 64p was nerfed we couldnt use anything else? Or was it intended to get the damage from a different setup?

synce

^ It's been a while since I used her, can you elaborate? You can still do 7K after 1T but the damage is pathetic now with the removal of HCH multiplier from throw juggles.

Also I can confirm her BT stagger from 3K is definitely gone. No more stringing together 66P,3K. There may be a replacement, didn't really look

Musourenka

Other than wall combo options, 1T gets you one- (or two-, depending on character) guess Burst set-ups.

In the current state of the game (PS3 version, i.e. lots of stuff is un-SE-able), can you SE Heichu 2P?

EDIT: Rather, can Heichu 2P be SE'd if you hit them while they're stunned?

synce

Well let's just say if you didn't use Kokoro before, there's less incentive than ever to pick her up. And if she's your only character you may want to pick up a secondary.

Alpha, Mila, and Kokoro probably got hit the hardest with this patch (in that order)

DR2K

Kokoro is mostly unchanged thanks to the lower health bar. A little less brain dead than before, but still an amazing character.

Musourenka

Well let's just say if you didn't use Kokoro before, there's less incentive than ever to pick her up. And if she's your only character you may want to pick up a secondary.

So sidesteps murder her this time around then.

I already have a secondary in training. One who murders sidesteps, even.

kupo

So sidesteps murder her this time around then.

I already have a secondary in training. One who murders sidesteps, even.

Picking a secondary or make her secondary is what I did as well. I just can't let her go XD
She already had trouble with sidesteps. Now with the nerfs she has even more trouble with that since you need to create more openings (yes you can feel the difference in damage even with the overall health nerf). Her frametraps are somewhat different too.
Even though I feel she's still a viable character, she's definitely weaker since the other characters got buffs as well.

Blackburry

Standard Donor
I've had pretty good success with Kokoro so far in version 1.03. I'll have to see how it goes a little down the road though. She still has damage, her p2kthrow is better imo now because you don't have to delay it, and she can still play the string mixup game like before. People still have to respect you.

Blackburry

Standard Donor
Been grinding it out on PS3 with the new patch. Just thought I'd share some footage for those that do not have it yet.

This was a great match

In this match I tried to make use of tracking strings more because my opponent started stepping a little bit.

These two I just wanted to test the upload feature with

FlamingMuffin

Her PP6P used to give a decent stun now it gives a whopping +7 or +3 with SE (NH). Heichu P is now also garbage. +1 with SE or +5 without.

At least 6P+K stuns now.

The in-string grab/236T voice is still the same (unless you whiff it). Just something I noticed heh.

And did BT K always launch like this? I can actually get a small juggle.

Musourenka

360 finally got the patch. YAY!

Like Muffin said, no more fun with 66P+KP+KP. Heichu 2P forever.

I really want to run Tag Mode now.

riceman789

At Winter Brawl I still play her the same as I did before didn't really notice a difference except for the throw setups.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
What are her new guaranteed stuns, crushes (against highs, mids, and lows) and launchers under these new conditions? Please explain.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD