Last Round - First Impressions

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Wait, did you update through Core Fighters or did you buy the X360 version of it? Because I'm gonna be so pissed if I buy the $30 version and I STILL gotta buy the both of them...

I bought nothing, just downloaded the patch for my old retail version of Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate.

Also...:3

punk_rock_eliot_by_doafanboi-d8ii9wt.jpg

punk_rock_eliot_3_by_doafanboi-d8iia5g.jpg

dead_or_alive_punk_rock_eliot_2_by_doafanboi-d8iia2p.jpg

Click spoiler for moaaar:
punk_rock_eliot_4_by_doafanboi-d8iia7r.jpg

punk_rock_eliot_5_by_doafanboi-d8iiaa4.jpg

punk_rock_eliot_6_by_doafanboi-d8iiac5.jpg

For now just 360 pics. :( Getting the PS4-version at the end of this week.

Last edited:

Xhominid The Demon Within

I bought nothing, just downloaded the patch for my old retail version of Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate.

Also...:3

punk_rock_eliot_by_doafanboi-d8ii9wt.jpg

punk_rock_eliot_3_by_doafanboi-d8iia5g.jpg

dead_or_alive_punk_rock_eliot_2_by_doafanboi-d8iia2p.jpg

Click spoiler for moaaar:
punk_rock_eliot_4_by_doafanboi-d8iia7r.jpg

punk_rock_eliot_5_by_doafanboi-d8iiaa4.jpg

punk_rock_eliot_6_by_doafanboi-d8iiac5.jpg

For now just 360 pics. :( Getting the PS4-version at the end of this week.

If they have another costume contest, I may toss my hat in despite my poor drawing skills

Chapstick

Eliot's new outfit seems to have 4 pairs of underwear since under "detail" it goes up to D. Haven't checked it since it's hard to get upskirts of him

Jadeinchains

Eliot's new outfit seems to have 4 pairs of underwear since under "detail" it goes up to D. Haven't checked it since it's hard to get upskirts of him

Yeah while in spectate my hand "slipped" and Eliot's underwear was just grey without a union jack design so I don't know if it has one.

Old Bear

Standard Donor
I have only been able to play the PS 3 version but I must say I love the new song they added Ryu's determination. Also Bayman's and Leon's costumes are cool.

Jadeinchains

I wonder If there are any hairstyles that have not been shown yet?

If anyone finds new hairstyles they should post pics.

Jadeinchains

Dead or Alive 5 Last Round - PS4 Gameplay Preview [1080p] TRUE-HD QUALITY

If you go to that youtube video and go to the 11:50 you can see Lisa's weird new white hairstyle.

UpSideDownGRUNT

So, I just updated my Xbox360 version of DOA5U to Last Round, yaaay!! :D Everything worked well, nothing was deleted. Having Last Round on Xbox360 will make the wait for the PS4 version on Friday A LOT easier. Thanks for that! u.U
Last Round looks and plays the exact same as DOA5U on Xbox360. No graphical update here and the gameplay patches aren't noticable to me. But I'm more of a casual DOA player anyway... ;)
What is really nice: Along with the free patch you get all 31 fan-made costumes (you just have to unlock them though) you also get new DOA1 music pieces and also the new tag teams and poses. Honoka, Raidou and (if you haven't bought them already) Phase 4, Nyotengu and Marie Rose are locked though. But they appear as opponents in the different fighting modes, which is cool. :) I don't know, if it was like that in DOA5U too, as I owned all DLC characters.
I already unlocked some of the contest costumes (Eliot first of course! ;)) and I unfortunately have to say, that the bad textures on almost all of them dampened my mood a little. Some look bad up close. :( Hayate for example is just a pixelated mess. And I was so looking forward to him... The costumes are all modeled with great detail though and mostly stay perfectly true to their original design. :) The most beautiful, that I unlocked so far, are in my opinion Kasumi (has some not so great textures too), Akira (has beautiful textures!) and Marie Rose.
Trust me, when you play the PS4 version you will notice the texture difference, Kasu's Kimono looks SOOO much better IMO than on PS3

Dave

Okaaaaay. So this has probably been discussed to death but I'm confused here. My save transferred over fine, but NONE of my DLC is there. When I go to the store it just shows a price. All of Sarah's costumes I've bought but one and none of them show as free. What is the deal? What am I missing here? Are they not all available?

Tyaren

Standard Donor
@UpSideDownGRUNT, wait, you are saying, there are texture quality differences? :confused: So far Last Round seemed to only be improved regarding, resolution, lighting and shadowing on current gen...not so much in regard to textures of costumes or stages. Are you sure, it's not the placebo effect? ;)
But it would make sense... The textures for the costume pack had to be kept small for PS3/Xbox360, because apparently the consoles reach their storage limit. Despite bad textures, the costume pack still nearly had a whopping 1GB size. On PS4 and Xbone the costumes are included right from the start and don't need an extra download. The new consoles should be able to render much better textures too. It all comes down to Team Ninja being a little lazy again or them really taking a little time to optimize the recently made stuff. It would make me really happy, because some of the contest costumes are almost ruined for me, because of their bad textures.

UpSideDownGRUNT

@UpSideDownGRUNT, wait, you are saying, there are texture quality differences? :confused: So far Last Round seemed to only be improved regarding, resolution, lighting and shadowing on current gen...not so much in regard to textures of costumes or stages. Are you sure, it's not the placebo effect? ;)
But it would make sense... The textures for the costume pack had to be kept small for PS3/Xbox360, because apparently the consoles reach their storage limit. Despite bad textures, the costume pack still nearly had a whopping 1GB size. On PS4 and Xbone the costumes are included right from the start and don't need an extra download. The new consoles should be able to render much better textures too. It all comes down to Team Ninja being a little lazy again or them really taking a little time to optimize the recently made stuff. It would make me really happy, because some of the contest costumes are almost ruined for me, because of their bad textures.
Going back to Kasumi's blue Kimono, on Xbox One the textures have much more of a gloss effect on the body suit and the string on the head piece are up-resed too. Even past costumes have the up-resed treatment Hayate's C3 looks SOOO much better now the laces and cloth textures have improved greatly and although not as noticeable the floors have been omproved to some effect too.

Argentus

Anyone else think that Honoka is too damn fast?
havent played as or against her yet, but I do feel that way about Raidou. I was expecting that tank of a guy to be slower. Awkward to see someone that huge moving that fast.
tumblr_nk05x1sPtG1t5k8i7o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nk05x1sPtG1t5k8i7o2_1280.jpg
tumblr_nk05x1sPtG1t5k8i7o3_1280.jpg
tumblr_nk05x1sPtG1t5k8i7o4_1280.jpg
tumblr_nk05x1sPtG1t5k8i7o5_1280.jpg
tumblr_nk05x1sPtG1t5k8i7o6_1280.jpg
tumblr_nk05x1sPtG1t5k8i7o7_1280.jpg
tumblr_nk05x1sPtG1t5k8i7o8_1280.jpg
tumblr_nk05x1sPtG1t5k8i7o9_1280.jpg
tumblr_nk05x1sPtG1t5k8i7o10_1280.jpg
tumblr_nk061616Ne1t5k8i7o1_1280.jpg

^forgot to hide the stuff at the bottom whoops
tumblr_nk061616Ne1t5k8i7o2_1280.jpg
tumblr_nk061616Ne1t5k8i7o3_1280.jpg
tumblr_nk061616Ne1t5k8i7o4_1280.jpg
tumblr_nk061616Ne1t5k8i7o5_1280.jpg
Brad, Lisa, Christie, Rachel, and Helena look awesome. Hitomi is okay, Leifang I don't notice a difference, and I dunno what to make of Kokoro's, but the rest are total crap.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD