News Last Round Release Date + More

Shortly after 2015 begins, we will have the last game in the DOA5 series: Last Round. We already know there will be at least two characters (1 male and 1 female), but what other content will Last Round add to the Xbox One and Playstation 4 editions?

F2P seems to be the new go-to marketing scheme for fighting games, and Dead or Alive: Last Round brings this element back to not only the PS4, but the XBONE as well. It is not known if the PS3 or 360 versions will include this mode (which are digital only, by the way).

The (PS3?) and PS4 will have an "Ultimate Edition" but the contents of the package are yet to be revealed. One would assume that the XBONE version would have this version as well, because it's actually packaged, and the PS3 version isn't, but given Team NINJA's relationship with Sony, we should just wait for more information regarding this packaging/content. One could also assume this could be a Japanese only exclusive.

Newest female character will be the "biggest." We are supposed to leave this comment to the imagination, but I can't picture any character having bigger boobs than Nyo... so maybe the character has the biggest body size?

Last Round is scheduled to released 2.19.2015, expect more news pertaining to characters, stages and balance changes in the future.

Glad to see the upgrade option for current DOA5U owners. That just means more people buying DLC which in turn creates more support for the series (financially, anyway). But over 400 costumes? Holy crap. As someone who has bought every single DLC on both platforms, that makes me feel weird as hell. I don't even want to look at the total cost of what I spent, lol.

Seeing the disclaimer about the story mode or lack thereof is a small disappointment, though. Perfect opportunity to include the Ultimate characters into a short cutscene or two. I assume that effort went into tag team intros and victory poses instead.

why "so early"?

It's a port with minor graphically upgrades. The rest is basically DLC, especially when TN already announced an upgrade patch for the current versions...

That's something you can do in a few months. And no one knows how long TN was already working on that port.

Seeing the disclaimer about the story mode or lack thereof is a small disappointment, though. Perfect opportunity to include the Ultimate characters into a short cutscene or two. I assume that effort went into tag team intros and victory poses instead.
That shouldn't be surprising, seeing as how they probably want to save future plots for DOA6. For now, Last Round is a HD remaster port of DOA5U with next content.

sooo even if we buy last round for ps3 we don't get the hairstyles and arenas? or is that only if we just get the update I mean I'm getting a ps4 soon anyway its just that I may wanna play with my ps3 friends and have all the content there still also

OMG, I am SOOOOO relieved that I don't have to buy a whole new game and then just throw out DOA5U, but I have a question. How are the stages going to work. Say I don't have the paid DOA5LR pack, but I am playing someone online that does. So can we not fight on that stage? Thoughts??

I haven't heard any distinct news on it, but my take on the whole "No stages, characters, or hairstyle options on the last-gen" is that you get the free upgrade as it says below their table, but you have to pay for those three things in what they are calling the "Last Round pack" which I imagine is the $30 tag.

I haven't heard any distinct news on it, but my take on the whole "No stages, characters, or hairstyle options on the last-gen" is that you get the free upgrade as it says below their table, but you have to pay for those three things in what they are calling the "Last Round pack" which I imagine is the $30 tag.
So you don't get the stages and hairstyles in the update, also the characters, but the Last Round Pack will let you unlock it? Now I understand. I hope that's how it works.

So far seems that the Last Round pack will give you access to the new 2 characters (and MR, P4 and Nyo for who didn't buy them) + the new costumes.

Sadly no word on the stages, that sadly seem to me more likely to not be included (but at this point I wouldn't care for paying for them as optional DLC).

Thanks! I should have thought to look at the official site. Now I just want to know how much the Last Round set cost and what costumes, if any, come with it.

Applying the logic, "The Last Round Set" for 5U should cost less than to buy a complete digitial version of LR, by the way we have to wait for official infos about it.

About the costumes, The Last Round set is already confirmed that will include them and theoretically I think all the outfits already included with a purchase of Last Round (so new outfits and the old DLC pack included). However even for this is better to wait clearer infos.

I do find it ironic people were complaining about not having a digital upgrade option for DOA5U like USF4 was for SSF4. Now that it's been found out they are providing such an upgrade option, everyone's complaining. Granted, it appears they need to provide more details because it wasn't clearly released info.

@Mr. Wah The fact is that if the stages are not included is an half upgrade option for everyone (not only casual players), because we know how much they are a fundamental part of the gampleay in this series. Sure there are only 2 stages less (and evenutally future DLC ones that even in the best scenario I think could end to be 3, not more), but it's impossible deny that so far the hype behind the game it was related even to the possibility to play with Danger Zone and Crimson.

However, like you say, it's better to wait for an official answer from TN.

I really Hope my costume makes it in DOA5LR.
BrBXx31CQAEmBpu.jpg

I wanted to make something that fit her bio. TeamNinja never really contribute her wealthy side, except for her Chinese dress. Also they never give her lemon yellow, which is her favorite color. I called this costume, Proud Little Princess.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD