Late Shift with Lopedo #3 TFC Controversy

Listen to it now Controversy

Tonight @12am EST The Aftermath of a Struggle

In this episode, Darryl Vaughn aka Jyakotu uses the mini-podcast as a platform to speak out on his actions post-TFC. The TFC tournament was held up by him, and it created a lot of controversy within the community. Whether you love the guy or not, he is a part of the community and a valuable contributor. Maybe the community should hear him out in the mini-podcast so you may properly respond during tonight's show in the live chat.

Tonight the show is live at 12am EST/ 9pm Pacific and will pertain to the aftermath of the TFC Controversy and Darryl's message to the community. The show will also feature a few players including: Shazzmatazlss (a female Ein player) and possibly Sweet Revenge and some other names.

Be sure to share this podcast with your friends and with other players in the community. We obviously need players listening to it, because this podcast is for everyone remotely interested in the offline scene, and it's designed to cater to your needs and keep you caught up with everything going on while also being an interactive experience.

Last edited:
Lopedo actually makes some good points. Sure Jyakotu has done stupid things in the past and acts like everyone hates him, but that doesn't mean we, as a community, need to be so immature and keep flaming him when he has heard it like a thousand times already. Sure he needs to change his behavior, but being bashful doesn't help. It's not going to help grow the community. At least Jyakotu supports the game he loves by going to tournaments in a real-life setting. Meanwhile, I bet two-thirds of the people on here are online warriors.

We need to stop the drama and focus on things that actually matter, such as exploring and developing the game further and having fun with each other.

Lopedo kinda marginalized the reasons why people dislike Jyakotu. The stunt at TFC '15 was only a small part of it in the grand scheme of things. No one gets shit for entering the community unless they have an atrocious disrespectful attitude.

Re-listened to the whole cast and i wanted to know where these other cliques are at that were aforementioned.

Since you want specifics, be specific on who you ask because I don't recall that, or know of any myself. Then again I have only been to one offline tournament.

What topics would you be interested in hearing on the podcast?

You're telling people how to act on the internet. You can't just tell someone how to act, just like you can't teach someone by simply telling them something. Shoulding in people's mouths is a sure fire way to stop them from listening, or just doing the opposite.

Right and wrong are perceptions created by your ego, and they're exactly what you're preaching against. You want unity, but you push your own ideals creating seperation. For actual unity you just need to accept; accept everyone's differences, and accept your own. Acceptance leads to love.

You must be the change you wish to see in the world. - Ghandi

Lead by example.

Drama can only bother someone who already has an issue, or someone who's participating in it (who would also have an issue, otherwise it wouldn't even be labeled as drama).

I don't understand why it's assumed that any other community is better -- or different. You're on the internet playing a game driven by competition. Competition is driven by your ego's desire to be better, why would it not make sense that these arguments take place in a community / game that revolves around competition? They're the same thing. Why would any other fighting game be different? Other forums or groups are no different.

I really hope that future episodes are less like the last two. I don't know the people mentioned so a two hour podcast asking people to not hate on someone was really weird (I couldn't listen to the whole podcast). I did like the question about how to play a slower character and would like more of that as it's infinitely better than listening to instructions on how the "community" should act.

I really hope that future episodes are less like the last two. I don't know the people mentioned so a two hour podcast asking people to not hate on someone was really weird (I couldn't listen to the whole podcast). I did like the question about how to play a slower character and would like more of that as it's infinitely better than listening to instructions on how the "community" should act.
Exactly. As much as I enjoyed the first two episodes, this one is a bit weird. Much more could be focused on the positives or how to get better at the game rather than how to treat a person in the community. Most of us are adults, we behave how we behave for many reasons. No matter how correct lopedo is with his statements, I doubt it will change people's behavior much.

I like hearing anecdotes from the top players tho.

@Jefffcore If I'm creating separation by preaching respect and tolerance I'm doing okay in my book. Let those who don't get those two simple concepts be gone.

@CheekyChi and @CumuluZ I understand exactly why the last two episodes weren't enjoyed as much as the first few and respect you input and appreciate the listens. Like with any episodic show, and I plan to keep running this one as long as you guys tune into it, not every episode is going to be enjoyable to all.

Things happened behind the scenes that I wanted to address publicly and let some of you guys know that the things you don't see are what's hurting our community the most, such as needless drama and hating, etc etc. My next show is going to feature @SweetRevenge117 , the winner of the most recent tournament (Absolute Battle) and will have a thorough Q &A session regarding the tech he used and the experience as a whole.

I'd encourage folks to listen to every show, but I'm aware that some are going to be better than others and if you really dislike it click off and tell me about it. At the same time, I feel that it's important to produce content covering everything, even things that aren't popular.

@Force_of_Nature I marginalized on purpose. My intention was to get equal and good treatment of everybody, including the person in question. Bringing up things that people may or may not have forgotten about would've went against that.

I've been dubbed "the voice of the community"... which is a lot fucking scarier to me than it is for some of you that have known me over the years. But, I like getting feedback, negative and positive to see what it is you guys actually want me to ramble on about in the future. As I said, the next episode will have plenty of high level play talk so stay tuned. :)

@Jefffcore If I'm creating separation by preaching respect and tolerance I'm doing okay in my book. Let those who don't get those two simple concepts be gone
But if you can't tolerate those without tolerance, you're no different. I you don't follow what you preach, why would anyone else

It was partially directed at your guests, too. There was a lot of "shoulding" that I didn't agree with.

I understand the intent, but I would try to convey it differently.

I can tolerate them, but I wouldn't care if they left. My only concern is that people treat each other with respect while here.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD