LEAST favourite costumes for each character

Chapstick

*rubs hands together* HERE WE GO. I'm going to leave out the bikinis and cheerleaders which are horrible. I'll also say I cannot stand detached skirts and TN just keeps on putting them on outfits

:kasumi: Hands DOWN the overalls. A RED POLKA DOT OVERALLS DRESS? Burn it
:ayane: This one is tough because I hate a lot of them but the cop has to be the worst. Kasumi's would be the cop if the overalls didn't exist.
:alpha152: Her C1 and the green schoolgirl I hate green
:phase4: The 5LR one. Blech
:cyborg: The gold metal purple pants one. Red grey gold and purple this is the worst color combination ever
:marierose: I think the cop and reindeer share the number one worst spot for me
:tina: The blue and red rock and roll outfits. The design's executed poorly and makes her look thick
:bayman: Halloween 2k14 devil it looks like it's made for a chip & dales dude and that isn't Bayman
:pai: Her C2. I hated this outfit in VF and I hate it in DOA
:momiji: Ribbons/mummy share the top spot no explanation really needed
:bradwong: His swimsuit. The color is awful and too close to his skin tone
:helena: tbh her 5LR one with the rose collar. The design is boring and translated horribly from 2D to 3D

Lady Tengu

Okay I'll hop on this boat!

:ayane:Her school uniform both variations #sorrynotsorry
:alpha152: Her ninja truly and utterly ridiculous
:christie: Her Halloween 2014 it's sad to see a slot wasted, Egyptian Christie was better imo.
:ein: Santa no questions asked
:eliot: The outfit he borrowed from old man gen fu's wife
:helena: Her seashell bikini
:hitomi: Clown Hitomi, like come off it she's a bad ass fighter and you're going to give her that? Leave that department to Zack where it belongs.
:honoka: Her ninja, let me clarify she should've got one like nyotengu her one right now looks like she has granny panties on so unappealing.
:kasumi: Overalls
:phase4: Her Christmas (reindeer)
:kokoro: Her deception cross over she got shit on.
:La Mariposa: Her gem titties
:leifang: Senran cross over....bulky
:marierose: C2 nuff said
:mila: Everything crop top and booty shorts I agree with @Argentus it's getting dull.
:momiji: Her Casual, it's so off. The fashion police should jail her for her poor choice in casual clothes.
:nyotengu: My life my love how could you wear that disgusting thing? (Her catsuit ... You know she probably chafes like a mothertrucker)
:rachel: Her Senran cross over, great character wise not so much visually.
:sarah: Her downgrade Nurse fetish costume.
:tina: "Come on!!" The cowgirl outfit you got for free in last round. Looked better on paper.

benderlax

Here I go!

:hitomi:Clown and Yurei.
:kasumi:Angel.
:honoka:Black leather suit.
:marierose:White battlesuit and reindeer.
:phase4:LR costume.
:ayane:Succubus.
:ein:LR outfit and ninja.
:helena:SK
:tina:SK
:lisa:SK
:christie:Devil costume. WTH?!
:nyotengu:Her Christmas ribbons.
:jacky:LR outfit
:jannlee: His dinosaur outfit, his panda outfit.
:mila: Mummy, her outfit with the towel.
:leon: Werewolf.
:naotora: Oni.

Last edited:

Polterscheist

Akira- C7 Christmas 2013
Alpha- All are fine
Ayane- Hard choice, C37 Christmas 2014
Bass- C4 Mr Strong was a stupid idea
Bayman- C14 Halloween 2014, Devil look
Brad Wong- C7 shirtless with a fancy jacket
Christie- C1 classic outfit with pointless accessories
Ein- C10 Ninja. All of his costumes suck
Eliot- C7 Kilt. Because he's not scottish and I find this offensive :mad:
Gen Fu- C4 shoulder dress
Hayate- C5 VR suit, this is Ayane's costume and giving it to other characters is stupid
Helena- C28 she's too spoiled to be a maid
Hitomi- C6 clown
Honoka- C1 meh
Jacky- C5 needs more shirt
Jann Lee- C5, game of death sucked
Kasumi- C5 kimono
Phase 4- C8 those japanese gym uniforms all suck
Kokoro- C1 never liked it
Lisa- C4 recolor of C1
Leifang- C35 halloween 2014, I wanted her blindfold costume to win
Leon- C9 halloween 2014, because of the nose
Marie Rose- C3 white swimsuit. They all suck though
Mila- C10 Dirndl, it doesn't suit her
Momiji- C2 because it's boring. Most are fine
Nyotengu- C6 purple spandex
Pai- C15 Halloween 2014, Lei Fang wore it better
Rachel- C22 Deception, no reason
Raidou- All are fine
Rig- C1, I hate all shirtless jackets
Hayabusa- C15 Halloween 2014, shirtless demon
Sarah- C15 Halloween 2014, evil nurse
Tina- C36 showstoppers reskin
Zack- C3&4, what's worse than a clown? TWO CLOWNS!

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
maxresdefault.jpg

The underboob looks dumb to me honestly. Make me fill in the blanks for once.

tumblr_mbuo449Qro1redmvqo3_1280.jpg

I endured 100 online screwjobs for this shit!?(actually all of the recolors for this one kinda suck to me.)

Pictured Mind

I was curious if that would offend anyone. I figures it was just a punk style, (as in not the actual Scottish kilt), so care to elaborate?

I believe in the 80's there were some people in the punk scene who wore kilts, so I do believe they were indeed going for the punk look instead of the Scottish look.

Even tho' both don't fit Eliot at all but whatever.

Argentus

I believe in the 80's there were some people in the punk scene who wore kilts, so I do believe they were indeed going for the punk look instead of the Scottish look.

Even tho' both don't fit Eliot at all but whatever.
Eh I love the headphones lol

Tyaren

Standard Donor

They were going for the punk rock look, pretty sure of that. I also have the feeling, they just wanted to try something different/unique for a male costume in DOA or generally fighting games.

I was curious if that would offend anyone. I figures it was just a punk style, (as in not the actual Scottish kilt), so care to elaborate?

It's funny, how it's always non Scots that make an issue out of this. XD @Jadeinchains and @Mayor-Of-Mustard, both Scottish, don't seem to be disturbed at all in their Scottish pride by a kilt costume.
I guess, I should write a strongly worded letter to TN, for not just sticking Hitomi, but also a Spanish girl as well as a Chinese girl in a Bavarian dress! Oh, the humanity! D:

Argentus

They were going for the punk rock look, pretty sure of that. I also have the feeling, they just wanted to try something different/unique for a male costume in DOA or generally fighting games.

It's funny, how it's always non Scots that make an issue out of this. XD @Jadeinchains and @Mayor-Of-Mustard, both Scottish, don't seem to be disturbed at all in their Scottish pride by a kilt costume.
I guess, I should write a strongly worded letter to TN, for not just sticking Hitomi, but also a Spanish girl as well as a Chinese girl in a Bavarian dress! Oh, the humanity! D:
Lol.

To be fair, "kilt" brings to mind the FULL mental image of big hairy man with bushy red beard, plaid sash over the shoulder, golf cap, and bagpipes. Eliot is anything but.

Not ragging on you, was just honestly curious if/how that would bother anyone.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Nah, it's okay! :) We had a similar discussion in the photography thread a few days ago. That's what I said back then:

Funnily enough, it were non-Scots, that complained back then, when the contest was running. I believe, Scots are a civilized, fairly modern people, who wouldn't swing their war-axe over a fictional character wearing a fictional kilt. It's really a non-issue...
The real issue were some men, that apparently felt emasculated just looking at another man in a "skirt". It's not really the designs fault, for them being so insecure about themselves though... ;)

To be fair, "kilt" brings to mind the FULL mental image of big hairy man with bushy red beard, plaid sash over the shoulder, golf cap, and bagpipes. Eliot is anything but.

I think, it's actually a positive, if the cheesiest national stereotyping is avoided, when giving a character a folksy costume. Glad, they didn't also give Eliot a beard, hairy legs and a bagpipe.

Now, that I think about it...it would actually be awesome, if they gave Nyotengu the Bavarian dress and as her weapon she would swing a huuuge beer stein. XD

a1023-beer-stein-purse.jpg

Last edited:

Mayor-Of-Mustard

oh my god i made this thread

that's a good list i love the way its laid out.

pirate bass is gr8 tho. is it because of the clipping? i might do an updated list later, but i'm too lazy to add pictures again.

MY COMMENT ON THE SANTA HAYABUSA COSTUME I'M CRINGING SO HARD
:akira: ninja outfit...wth is that?
:alpha152: I'm going to go with the cat costume, I do like it, but I saw so many better alpha entries, sorry to the creator.
:ayane: Pink overalls with ski cap- it just doesn't go.
:bass:/:Mr. Strong:- Tecmo Bowl costume, I actually like all the costumes of his. yey.
:bradwong: The recolour of his first costume, it's just so hideous and pinky and ughh I hate it more than mustard yellow on ein's outfit.
:bayman: frankenstein outfit cause he's not got a forehead he's got a 7 head
:christie: So many mediocre costumes and so many bad costumes, but not any that are too bad, but I'm going to say the Falcolm costume because it looks all over the place
:ein: Either the mustard yellow trousers (yes I hate them now) or the Gray Fullbuster outfit, it just looks weird I don't like the jacket.
:eliot: still the grandad's clothes outfit costume 5
:genfu: genie family outfit.
:hayate: santa outfit.
:helena: Her Aya costume simply because I can't change the hairstyle to her normal hair. Aya has nice hair but it would look weird blonde.
:hitomi:IZ DA FUDDAMUKKIN CLOWN COSTUME AT LEAST WEAR IT IN STORY MODE HITOMI
:honoka: C8 with the menstrual pads as a bikini top.
:jacky: santa
:jannlee: santa again
:kasumi: blazblue costume, looks like an amateur modder did it
:kokoro: also genie family outfit
:La Mariposa::lisa:- bunny bikinis. i like her costumes they're very nice actually lol
:leifang: schoolgirl strikers, such an overrated ugly costume
:leon: tecmo bowling
:mai: cheerleader
:marierose:- pink strawberry swimsuit, makes her look 8 O_O
:mila: gust dlc costume
:momiji: overalls....ech.
:naotora:- school swimsuit
:nyotengu: cheerleader, colours are hideous
:pai: b e e
:phase4: devil or black one piece swimsuit due to the hideous textures
:rachel: guilty gear outfit
:cyborg: c2
:rig: s a t a n cl au s
:hayabusa: tatsukono outfit again looks like an amateur mod
:sarah: santa
:tina: koshosho costume, the hair is just ugh, even on koshosho herself
:zack: yall might come at me for nostalgia but the dead or alive ++ outfit simply because i can't change his hair.

Last edited:

TheDragonAwakens

Since there are so many costumes at this point, I am just going to state my least favourite NON DLC costumes of DOA5LR for each character.

First things first: I hate all the bunny costumes. I won't be mentioning swimsuits, gym uniforms, santa outfits, nurse uniforms etc. Moving on.

:akira:: C2
:alpha152:: School Uniforms
:ayane:: Her C10 (The one with a cat tail and purple gold jacket.
:bass:/:Mr. Strong:: Viking costume
:bayman:: His not hilarious but stupid Scuba Diving outfit.
:bradwong:: Either his Cowboy or MMA outfit
:christie:: Cat costume
:ein:: His Incubus and Pirate costume. (Well, if shades don't count. Shades saves most of Ein's costumes)
:eliot:: Pirate and the one wear he wears a black hoodie that has fucking CAT EARS.
:genfu:: C2. Don't really like the colours.
:hayate:: His black and blue bodysuit.
:helena:: Succubus.
:hitomi:: Clown costume
:honoka:: C2. What's with the cow overalls anyway?
:jacky:: C5.
:jannlee:: MMA briefs.
:kasumi:: C9.
:kokoro:: C5.
:La Mariposa:/:lisa:: Cat costume
:leifang:: C7
:leon:: Gladiator (Without shades)
:marierose:: C2
:mila:: C4 and C9
:momiji:: The Mummy costume (Looks like she took the toilet paper that was not used by Busa for his mummy costume) and as well as her casual costume, the one with a red top and beige shorts. Lousy design.
:naotora:: Damn stupid tiger.
:nyotengu:: Her tight leather suits.
:pai:: Waitress.
:phase4:: Her C7
:rachel:: C5
:cyborg:: C2. Don't like the colours.
:rig:: C4. Don't like the colours.
:hayabusa:: The mummy and the bloody Epigonos. Of all awesome NG costumes to give him they fucking gave him that?!
:sarah:: Witch
:tina:: C9 and the little red riding hood
:zack:: Clown costumes.

Last edited:

ShinobiOfTheWind

I'm glad to see someone who has almost the same tastes as mine ahaha !
Even if I love the Momiji one !
I agree mostly for :

Kasumi, Bayman, Kokoro, JannLee, Léon, Zack, Hitomi (not even the same as the paper one...), Tina and Naotora.

Anyway I don't count all the ******* fetish ones (and they are a lot ! Mainly bunnies, santas, cheerleaders, and the worst of all : Japanese gym ones... *vomiting*).

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD