Lei Fang DOA4 combos

Talim JP

Leifang practitioner
Premium Donor
I know this is late but I'm pracin DOA4...
Gettin ready for DOA5.

Tryin to find GC (guaranteed combos on normal hit re after the first hit they can't be blocked or held):

Things I found so far (are these correct?):

:6::6::K::K: ,:9::K::K::K: (57 damage), can be followed with :8::P+K:
:6::F+K:,:9::K::K::K: (47 damage), can be followed with :8::P+K:
:P+K:, :P::P::K::K: (72 damage), follow the first part with :P::P::K::2::K: for less damage.
:P+K:,:6::P:,:1::K::K: (55 damage)
:236::P:,:9::K::K::K: (57 damage), can be followed wtih :8::P+K:
:214::P:,:9::K::K::K: (49 damage), can be followed with :8::P+K:
Will the :8::P+K: still work if the opponent tech rolls back? (easy enough to test but haven't yet).

Post up more or tell me about any good combos you know.

(havin fun w/the Smilies too, haha- but thanks, they look good now).

Allan Paris

Will the :8::P+K: still work if the opponent tech rolls back? (easy enough to test but haven't yet).

This can be teched. This is not guaranteed.

I know this is late but I'm pracin DOA4...
Gettin ready for DOA5.

Tryin to find GC (guaranteed combos on normal hit re after the first hit they can't be blocked or held):

You can hold after anything and damn near eveything in this game. Unholdable setups are the the only things you can't hold out of. Unfortunately for Lei-Fang you need your opponent to be laying in specific postion for you to get it. I believe it's Head towards you once you get a knowck down, I haven't played with her unholdables in a while. I can get back to you later today and let you know exactly what it is.

Things I found so far (are these correct?):

:6::6::K::K: ,:9::K::K::K: (57 damage), can be followed with :8::P+K:
:6::F+K:,:9::K::K::K: (47 damage), can be followed with :8::P+K:
:P+K:, :P::P::K::K: (72 damage), follow the first part with :P::P::K::2::K: for less damage.
:236::P:,:9::K::K::K: (57 damage), can be followed wtih :8::P+K:
:214::P:,:9::K::K::K: (49 damage), can be followed with :8::P+K:

Post up more or tell me about any good combos you know.

(havin fun w/the Smilies too, haha- but thanks, they look good now).

I can get you some better juggles than these, your damage is on the low side and, I know she has a few jusggles that get you better damage than these.

Talim JP

Leifang practitioner
Premium Donor
Thanks, for everything!

I thought the :8::P+K: may be tech rollable.

Didn't/haven't heard about the unholdables (think the Prima Guide has nothin about em).
For the above I went into prac mode and for opponent 2nd move I put hold (high and mid) and thought that meant they were legit.

Talim JP

Leifang practitioner
Premium Donor
Updated list.

:6::6::K::K: ,:9::K::K::K: (57 damage)
:6::F+K:,:9::K::K::K: (47 damage)
:236::P:,:9::K::K::K: (57 damage)
:214::P:,:9::K::K::K: (49 damage)

Allan Paris

Here you go, this should speed up your process, some. I didn't feel like posting a wall of text.

I did leave out a juggle or 2 but, this is the lot of them. For your record purposes, the weakest juggle in the video is 81 points. The combos before the juggles are all up in the air because NONE of the hits are guaranteed after you stun someone in DOA4. I also did not go over the heavy weights and, the possibility to extend some juggles from slopes, this is all I could take of this game for the time I had it in. You will have to find the rest on your own.

I hope you know Lei Fang well, as you see, there are no moves/text explanation on how to do these. I do not plan on adding any, either.

You can also add this one if you want; :9::K::K:, :F:, :9::K::K::K:. It's doesn't do much damage, it's just pretty to see.

Talim JP

Leifang practitioner
Premium Donor
Wow, my very own vid, thanks for makin it! ; )
I didn't expect such a great response!

I forgot there are different weights in DOA... I guess there are in SC as well but maybe they don't play as big a role.

I know and prac (am learnin) all of Lei Fang's moves (I try to go through all her exercises in prac mode whenever I put my DOA4 disc in), you've done more than enough- thank you very much [thanks smilie]. If I can be of any help some day let me know!
And sorry, cause it sounds like you don't like DOA4 all that much.

Now I can watch YouTube on my iPhone by my 360 and try to get some of those moves down- it's more than enough to keep me busy till DOA5 hits, haha.

I knew the double scissor :K: into the triple :K: (and love it although it's kinda hard to hit cause I gotta be careful not to mash the :K: three times in the beginnin). I forgot to put it in the list.

So all stuns can be held out of?... Wow!...

Allan Paris

And sorry, cause it sounds like you don't like DOA4 all that much.
So all stuns can be held out of?... Wow!...

yeah, I seriously pick up a small headache when this game loads up. this trumps a wall of text any day, though. so i went with the better option, showing you better than i can tell you. it wasn't as bad because i wasn't playing against anyone besides my roommate at the end to show you her unholdable move; :3_::P: .

yes, all stuns can be held out of, it's a current argument going on now with the lot of use here. seems that you enjoy the video, good to know that.

Talim JP

Leifang practitioner
Premium Donor
Yes, the viid is very useful.

As, and it's like this for most/many games, combos are an important way to cut down the life bar.

Talim JP

Leifang practitioner
Premium Donor
Does keep the game interestin (IMO), you gotta keep mixin things up so they don't know what is comin (and so can't hold).
Adds another layer (more depth) to the mind games (but guess that's for another thread).

Talim JP

Leifang practitioner
Premium Donor
Well finally had some time- got the first combo in the vid down!
I'm stoked!!
Gonna go one by one 'cept goin to the States for summer vacation so won't be able to play for over 20 dayz...

Was thinkin of buyin Dimensions but we got DS and not 3DS so that won't work.
Maybe watch the vid and do image training.

Talim JP

Leifang practitioner
Premium Donor
At it right now.

Go through her whole move list almost daily.

No, can't thank you enough for the vid.

Can even watch it on my iPhone.

UnD34D

I'll post the inputs later (don't have the damages since I don't have the game.) and the different uses if you want.

Top 10 Moves:
:3::K: - Great poke, good for footsies, can follow up with :4: :P: which is safe on block and stun on hit. Can also follow up with :P+K: which will launch if :3::K: hit, otherwise its unsafe.
:2::F+K: - Another great poke, but low with good range.
:2::K: - quick low that gives a knockdown on counter hit, also puts her in a crouch stance while looking like she's standing, so you can use it to dodge attacks.
:6: :F+K: - long range launcher, good damage and launch height
:P: - Everyone's jabs are pretty good, but Lei Fang has good jab range and some of the best mix ups are with her jab, mixing up between :P: :P: and :P::2::P: .
:3::P: - similar to the jab, good range, stuns, launches on deep stun, also hard to tell the difference between it and the jab on reaction.
:6: :P: - good kick mid punch, stuns on hit and the follow up (:K:) launches, this will be one of your main moves no matter what.
:1::P: - high crush punch, stuns on counter hit.
:8::K: - stun on hit, launch on stun, safe on block.
:4::K: - good poke, follow up kicks are both unsafe, although most people don't punish the second one because its low unsafe and most people STILL don't know that.

Talim JP

Leifang practitioner
Premium Donor
Great!
When I get time (prob next weekend at the latest) I'll look at that list.

Mr. Wah- I'm from Los Angeles so me and the family will be in that area.
Oh, and heard you wear a cowboy hat; RTD does too (FYI).

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Yeah, I'm in the East Coast unfortunately. Too bad, would have loved to take you around Maryland/Philadelphia :p.

Talim JP

Leifang practitioner
Premium Donor
My parents are in northern PA and sis in Pit. but I'm not goin there this time.

Allan Paris

:2::F+K: - Another great poke, but low with good range.

I wouldn't call this move a "great poke". On hit, your opponent can just frame hold (preferably the low hold) and recover faster than she can. Depending on the character and their speed, they can actually hit her on NH before she can do anything about it. The kick is also unsafe and is easily seen at a distance. Up close she will get beat out by mids or lows. If she manages to go under a high with the kick. The just frame hold can still be applied on CH.

The best you can do with this move is hit someone at max range. Many underestimate/don't know just how big the hitbox of this move is. So when they see her go into it thinking it's ok to move, they will step up and get hit or at least nicked by it. Still, I do not suggest you to use this move frequently or even rarely for that matter. I don't see how this is even considered a top 10 move of her's.

:6: :F+K: - long range launcher, good damage and launch height

Outside of launching someone when they are stunned this move is not good. For players that can react fairly well, this will get held because it's slow and also easily seen. It is also unsafe and the follow up is unsafe.

:P: - Everyone's jabs are pretty good, but Lei Fang has good jab range and some of the best mix ups are with her jab, mixing up between :P: :P: and :P::2::P: .

Her jab is just like everyone else's with range, it is no better.

:6: :P: - good kick mid punch, stuns on hit and the follow up (:K:) launches, this will be one of your main moves no matter what.

Her 6P does not stun on hit. The launch that comes after it (if someone is stunned deep enough) is both a mid kick and a high punch. Most players will hold either one when they are stunned and then they are hit with 6P. The mid kick tends to get held the most, even by lesser players.

:8::K: - stun on hit, launch on stun, safe on block.

Her 8K stun isn't much to talk about. The kick leaves her at -13 on block, no where near safe. The only thing this move is good for is launching.

These moves here can replace the ones you mentioned easily:

:2::P+K: (:P:) Both punches cause a Sit-Down Stun on hit, and the follow up mid punch is safe. I would stick to the first punch on hit because the second one pushes the opponent out of range for a follow up attack.

:6::K: is better than :8::K:. Both are unsafe on block but, :8::K: can be jabbed punished for free when blocked, the stun on hit isn't all that, and it can be thrown on block. :8::K: isn't bad at all, just not the better choice. It being able to launch near walls and :6::K: can't makes it a decent move.

:6::K: cannot be jabbed punished, it causes a lift stun on hit, it covers a bit of ground, it can be used as a whiff punisher depending on the move that is whiffed, it is a frame faster (i14), it launches as well but, it can be thrown on block (-11). :6::K: is slightly better.

:6::P: Yes, you mentioned this. I am going to give a better reason why to use it. It is the second fastest mid in the game coming at i12. That is about it, use the follow ups when you think you can get away with them. The :6::P:
is good enough.

:K:(:K: or:2::K:) Her kick is i11 and it's good to use for people who rush down carelessly. It stops normal high and mid attacks coming at her. Anything that crushes, guard breaks, or goes low will eat through it. You can play with her :K::K: it is safe, most knowing players will hold the second kick or crush it. That's when you use :2::K: it's a mid and you will get a HCH if they press a button. It is unsafe as shit. So use it once you have highly conditioned someone to press buttons when you do :K: or :K::K:.

Side Note (unrelated to the topic): In DOA5 Lei Fangs neutral throw better cause counter throw damage, In 4 it's 56 damage no matter what, I really hope that is not overlooked by TN.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD