Lei Fang DOA4 combos

UnD34D

I might have gotten some of what shit does on normal and counter hit mixed up because normal hit is few and far between, my bad, as for :8: :K: , I'm pretty sure it does enough push back to be safe. You should only be using :2: :F: :K: at max range, sorry I didn't specify, with its range, its definitely top 10. :6: :F: :K: can be countered on reaction and yet, its often not. He's not playing perfect opponents here. Also, with buffering, almost every move is "safe" because you can make your opponent afraid to punish in DOA4.

edit: I'd also like to mention these are just moves I used a lot that came to my mind. the safe sit down stun move is garbage though, she puts her arms in the air before she does it and its very obvious, not to mention it has no mix-up in it.

Allan Paris

There is little push back on :8::K:, not enough for her not to get punished on reaction. I still wouldn't put :2::F+K: in her top 10, the draw backs are too severe if it misses or hits. Well not so much if it hits, you do get more damage than you would take on NH. So you'd have to use that move for a last hit to kill, that's when awareness is usually at its max for players. So, I can't buy that move, my friend.

Nowadays :6::F+K: is held often. Players are not letting that move fly in or out of stun. Perfect opponents has nothing to do with it. I personally hold the shit out of that move if I am stunned. When I am not I wait til it's done and punish it. Lesser players do it as well, I am telling you from previous experience, within the last 3 years (til now) or so.

:2::P+K: (i25) is just as obvious as :6::F+K: (i28) they both have slow start ups. :2::P+K: is 3 frames faster and causes a situation that doesn't need a CH to set up good damage with. It is also has a safe follow up unlike the other move. So I will take :2::P+K: over that move any day and I recommend other players to do the same.

The moves you listed off the top of your head are not all bad. Just the strategies and applications behind them no longer work that well. They must've worked magic back then and that's cool. Now, they do not.

UnD34D

There is little push back on :8::K:, not enough for her not to get punished on reaction. I still wouldn't put :2::F+K: in her top 10, the draw backs are too severe if it misses or hits. Well not so much if it hits, you do get more damage than you would take on NH. So you'd have to use that move for a last hit to kill, that's when awareness is usually at its max for players. So, I can't buy that move, my friend.

Nowadays :6::F+K: is held often. Players are not letting that move fly in or out of stun. Perfect opponents has nothing to do with it. I personally hold the shit out of that move if I am stunned. When I am not I wait til it's done and punish it. Lesser players do it as well, I am telling you from previous experience, within the last 3 years (til now) or so.

:2::P+K: (i25) is just as obvious as :6::F+K: (i28) they both have slow start ups. :2::P+K: is 3 frames faster and causes a situation that doesn't need a CH to set up good damage with. It is also has a safe follow up unlike the other move. So I will take :2::P+K: over that move any day and I recommend other players to do the same.

The moves you listed off the top of your head are not all bad. Just the strategies and applications behind them no longer work that well. They must've worked magic back then and that's cool. Now, they do not.

I don't remember the last time we played AP, but I don't think it was 3 years ago. I'm pretty sure the last time we played was around the last time I played at all, and even then I was only picking up the game maybe once every couple weeks, but back then it was working. This is around the same time I 2-0'd you in the tournament, and maybe you've gotten better since then, but I'm sure this shit still works. If I had the game I'd jump on, alas. as for 2+p+k and 6f+k, they both have slow start ups, but the former has to be right up in your face to hit, the ladder has good range. I still use 3+k over it, but I definitely don't think its a move that should be ruled out in any capacity. You keep saying moves are unsafe, but any move with a follow up might as well not be considered unsafe because of the chances of it being punished are slim to none, even with a move like 6f+k. Most of the time you can just throw out a jab after an unsafe move and get a CH because people are so hesitant.

If I'm coming off like a dick I don't mean to, you're still by and far one of my favorite people to talk to on here.

Allan Paris

Oh no not at all, just a debate on what to use and what not to use.

Although, this here:
This is around the same time I 2-0'd you in the tournament.

Really?! You're still riding this pony, man you're a dick. You didn't even use Lei Fang you used Jann Lee the entire set, and you barley got the second match. Fucking Dragon Gunner. I do recall making up for it in a FT5 right after the tournament though, with Kasumi and then Helena. I think we are even on that deal.

and maybe you've gotten better since then
You have no fucking idea.

Yeah, the moves you mentioned (that I spoke on) are not really working anymore. I wish you had it just so you could try them out on people. Again, they are not bad moves, they are decent, I just wouldn't use them much or recommend them.

As far as me mentioning unsafe, I am going by the numbers I know off hand with her. In matches with players that function as I do, Lei Fang will get punished with no hesitation.

I see :6::F+K: she's getting grabbed because I know my opponent wont throw the follow up and are going to bank on me to be hesitant because of the follow up. At that point I am conditioning them to throw the follow up because they think I don't respect the move (which I don't). Then they will get punished for that because I will be waiting for it. Now of course, the majority are not as meticulous as that, and they rely on reaction alone. Which is more than enough to hold that move or throw punish it. I have seen them rely on this reaction for the past 3 years to know.

True, :2::P+K: needs to be in your face and :6::F+K: has range. But in DOA4 I will take speed along with safety in any way possible. :2::P+K: (:P:) gives me that compared to the latter.

you're still by and far one of my favorite people to talk to on here.

:cool:

UnD34D

Really?! You're still riding this pony, man you're a dick. You didn't even use Lei Fang you used Jann Lee the entire set, and you barley got the second match. Fucking Dragon Gunner. I do recall making up for it in a FT5 right after the tournament though, with Kasumi and then Helena. I think we are even on that deal.

Lol I don't think I ever once rode that pony. Not once ever! I'm pretty sure this is literally the first time I've held it up, and I was just using it as a frame of reference that while my tactics may not be sound as by the numbers in DOA, when you've got the fear of god in your opponent, the numbers will always be on your side. As for the FT5... I was always meaning to talk to you about that...

Talim JP

Leifang practitioner
Premium Donor
Well I'll go through all this when I get time.

Glad to get some debate goin and hopin someone gets Lei Fang out there and kicks some booty with her!

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
As much as I am looking forward to repping sarah at i46, I'll deffinately give my old main Lei Fang a spin. :D
Very nice discussion guys! keep it up.

Although, there are quite drastic changes to her in DOA5. I decided to take another route and ditch older DOAs and start fresh with 5 so I dont pick up old habits.

I really cant wait to try her out :D

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD