Let's hope this game doesn't get too explicit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
I don't have a problem with revealing outits or breast sizes.

My issue is the way they behave. I was watching Leifang's idle in training mode the other night, and her boobs actually were moving around independently of one another doing all kinds of gravity defying gymnastics. It's that kind of crazy over-the-top nonsense that gets noticed by outside players.

If you're going to make it hot, fine, make it hot. But don't go out of your way to sabotage yourself with such.... insane physics. Breasts don't act that way, and they wouldn't be terribly attractive if they did.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
i happen to like this outfit and surprisingly not in a sexual way as i see it rebellious and badass so your telling me i have to give up what i like for some guys that could care less about the game? couldnt give two shits to be honest.im tired of kissing ass i just want to sit back and enjoy the game

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Rikuto said:

My issue is the way they behave. I was watching Leifang's idle in training mode the other night, and her boobs actually were moving around independently of one another doing all kinds of gravity defying gymnastics. It's that kind of crazy over-the-top nonsense that gets noticed by outside players.

If you're going to make it hot, fine, make it hot. But don't go out of your way to sabotage yourself with such.... insane physics. Breasts don't act that way, and they wouldn't be terribly attractive if they did.
-It is actually disturbing and looks nasty. The old physics were better...even doa1 looked better. These rumbling titties are not hot..

extravagant

i happen to like this outfit and surprisingly not in a sexual way as i see it rebellious and badass so your telling me i have to give up what i like for some guys that could care less about the game? couldnt give two shits to be honest.im tired of kissing ass i just want to sit back and enjoy the game

No, I never you had to give up something you like. But aren't there other things to worry about at the moment? Why the fuck does the first patch that comes to us is more costumes and provacative clothing?

Why couldn't it be a balance patch, infinity patch, or some more gameplay mechanics being modified? Nerfs, or buffs? The game is far from perfect, and with that Mila infinity going around, that is more of an important matter at the moment.

I swear to god, the voices that Team Ninja are listening to are the wrong voices.

Also, the more we argue with each other about how the physics of the tits are, the more the problem and the developers only focus on the non-important aspects.

Cricket

Leifang's boobs do seem to be engaged in some sort of odd mating dance with each other... or maybe it's some chi flow thing.

As for the revealing costumes and such, I think the best solution is to provide more modest options along with the skimpier selections. Adding content/options is better than removing, in my opinion. (i.e.: the very welcome option to turn off the sweat/dirt effects)

TheTHCGamer

I don't think that's true.

In any case I think DOA heads the pack in this area since it focuses on it, Soul Calibur doesn't focus on it, and when it does its as a joke, since Ivy had a poster so did Voldo. (Not to mention these posters were Japanese, different culture)

Tekken (and SC to an extent) can pull the equality card saying its men have got the same treatment but still sexual content is not its focus whereas DOA it is with oversensitive jiggling, see through tops, voyeuristic lose scenes etc.

Other games do it subtly and there's nothing subtle about DOA. (Not saying that's a bad thing though)
http://8wayrun.com/threads/can-someone-here-read-info-on-game-disks.9822/page-14#post-409730

TheTHCGamer

Agreed and i dont have a problem when real females wear revealing outfits either.;)
-It is actually disturbing and looks nasty. The old physics were better...even doa1 looked better. These rumbling titties are not hot..
Yup they look like straight liquid and its pretty damn nasty. Also why are japanese game developers so stuck on titties like its the 80's or early 90's? They need to get with the times and focus on making nice booties.

Chainedsniper

No, I never you had to give up something you like. But aren't there other things to worry about at the moment? Why the fuck does the first patch that comes to us is more costumes and provacative clothing?

Why couldn't it be a balance patch, infinity patch, or some more gameplay mechanics being modified? Nerfs, or buffs? The game is far from perfect, and with that Mila infinity going around, that is more of an important matter at the moment.

I swear to god, the voices that Team Ninja are listening to are the wrong voices.

Also, the more we argue with each other about how the physics of the tits are, the more the problem and the developers only focus on the non-important aspects.

You know you were the one to start a thread about Christies old DOA4 costume lol. Im sure they know about the infinite and all, but they probably have different reasons on why they arent out yet...

Also honestly, if I had to guess, these were planned to be apart of the main game, but from what I hear they were a little rushed... They are all old clothes for characters that didnt have as many costumes at launch (I think, I may be wrong here, dont have the game quite yet)

Also, first patch was Day 1 and Im pretty sure there is a difference between DLC and a patch.

EDIT: I think you are overreacting to the oversexualization DOA has always had. Its not what is keeping people away from the game... Or atleast not the majority.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor

thats an entirely different argument than what you posted

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
The costumes that can be downloaded are 100% optional is the thing. It doesn't really cost them anything to deploy that as far as im aware.

If (and when) they release a balance patch it would have to be mandatory, and microsoft would charge them for that. Needless to say, they are going to try to kill as many birds with one stone as they possibly can. So, we need to have a little patience with the patch... the more stuff that gets reported before hand, the more stuff we won't have to deal with in the final, final version. I'm sure they also want to give us some time to discover broken stuff.

Sett

Guess your right but i still think SCV is more explicit than DOA5.

DOA is a game that has had a beach volley ball spin off and pole dance sequences. It's suppose to be explicit.

I really don't see how you can say SC5 is more sexualised but that's your opinion.

extravagant

Whatever. I'm done arguing regarding this topic. People can't seem to wrap their head around the notion, that if the sex appeal would tone down and not go further, more players would feel comfortable in joining the game and having the community grow as a whole.

All I'm trying to do is say that if we be a bit more conservative, we can have this game cater to more people..... aren't we helping the franchise and developers that way gain more recognition? If this game is saturated with too much sex, the gold nuggets that make this game a great game will be pulled over the general public's very eyes

DR2K

DOA is a game that has had a beach volley ball spin off and pole dance sequences. It's suppose to be explicit.

I really don't see how you can say SC5 is more sexualised but that's your opinion.

I don't see why people are splitting hairs. There's no innocent or accidental sexualization among any developer, the intention is the same regardless of the precieved level.

Yeah the breasts moving around like they have a mind of their own is just fucking stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD