Lets talk about redesigns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceviche

Ah, thanks. :) The IGN stream was all I could find in the meantime and it says it starts in about 30 minutes. DOA6 will probably also not be the first segment, right? Is there a schedule somewhere?

The interview is super cringey by the way, especially the extensive talk about fanservice once again. (Man, they really messed up on E3...) The poor translator felt really uncomfortable to just say "breast physics". She really beat around the bush trying to explain how they are going forward with the breast physics, lol.

I agree that it's tiring that the main focus of their talk is still the fanservice but at least we have a video where their stance about costumes and breast jiggles is pretty clear. Whether it pleases the anti or not, they can't deform things anymore.
And I don't think they messed up at E3, but some people are definitely really messed up though. I mean, none of you sent hate twitter posts or started petitions with the few content we saw at E3.

Really like green Leifang ! and Hitomi's face is so cute =)

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
I agree that it's tiring that the main focus of their talk is still the fanservice but at least we have a video where their stance about costumes and breast jiggles is pretty clear. Whether it pleases the anti or not, they can't deform things anymore.
And I don't think they messed up at E3, but some people are definitely really messed up though. I mean, none of you sent hate twitter posts or started petitions with the few content we saw at E3.

Really like green Leifang ! and Hitomi's face is so cute =)
It must get so frustrating for him to have to continually repeat himself again, and again, and again on the subject. I'm proud that they haven't buckled and just started showing off the more risque costumes yet, and very happy that Shimbori himself confirmed that these are just their C1 defaults for tournament use and media presentation. I like the direction they're going with saving the lewds for unlockables or alternatives. It's refreshing to have a legitimately well translated into english vocal interview where he put it all to rest except for one last complaint...

But they can keep complaining about that. It's a genuinely bad look. :p

Leifang and Hitomi bring me such hope for Ayane, Tina, and Lisa. I can't wait to see how they did Tina. Even if she's down in bust her character design is going to be so amazing I can already tell.

Raansu

Her gi in black actually looks really cool. I do wish they would put the full size phoenix back on the back of her gi though.

Last edited:

Ceviche

It wasn't super interesting, but the new stage footage was worth it. =)

Leifang and Hitomi bring me such hope for Ayane, Tina, and Lisa. I can't wait to see how they did Tina. Even if she's down in bust her character design is going to be so amazing I can already tell.

I was personally very confident about it since the first 6 characters were released and how gorgeous both Kasumi and Helena looked <3.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor

Attachments

• IMG_20180822_105101.jpg
    IMG_20180822_105101.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 159

werewolfgold

Anyone has a recording of they footage? I missed it
missed as well, youtube replay would be lovely
If you click on the live IGN video above, YouTube should just let you rewind it. It's about 45-50 minutes back. You have to do it now before they end the stream, though.

Nope. That's a reference to Xianghua who's had that quote in SC2 and SC3, except she says "just kidding" at the end, but she does wink like Leifang does so they know what they were doing
It's (95% likely) going to be the same quote in Japanese. They just translated it slightly differently.

DOA5 = Chun-li
DOA6 = Xianghua
DOA7 = ???

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
If you click on the live IGN video above, YouTube should just let you rewind it. It's about 45-50 minutes back. You have to do it now before they end the stream, though.

It's (95% likely) going to be the same quote in Japanese. They just translated it slightly differently.

DOA5 = Chun-li
DOA6 = Xianghua
DOA7 = ???
Hopefully they refine the translations since most of them so far in DOA6 come off as unnatural sounding, it'll sound so cringey when the English VAs do their dub unless they can make it sound normal xD

Tyaren

Standard Donor
IGN did a good interview, asking the right questions and staying the hell away from that fanservice question, lol. Well, they were the ones blowing it up so much on E3 afterall. ;)

I really like the stage. A more imaginative and fun DOA is back. :)
I'm hoping to see one of the big, expansive stages, like forest or a Zack island, next.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
IGN did a good interview, asking the right questions and staying the hell away from that fanservice question, lol. Well, they were the ones blowing it up so much on E3 afterall. ;)

I really like the stage. A more imaginative and fun DOA is back. :)
I'm hoping to see one of the big, expansive stages, like forest or a Zack island, next.

Now the hard part is waiting. TGS will be next and I believe DOA6 will be there too since DOA was there last year and the year before, as well as DOA5 vanilla and DOA5U. Perhaps the new female character will be revealed there hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD