Let's talk Danger Zones and barriers.

TheHunterKiller692

Considering DOA 5 was sold with the promise of improved danger zone mechanics, I think there's plenty of stages where I'd hand Hiyashi his $5 Pepsi coupon, cuz Flow and Scramble are definitely cash money, as far as the franchise is concerned.

However, I'm not so sure about other stages. Some seem a bit too barrier-focused, as is the problem with similar stages in some of the older games, too.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I think the thing about DOA5 danger zones is that they tried to make it more simplified for some, stages like flow, street,and Scramble I feel are the epitome of what they should have had more of since I loved how the arenas dramatically changed and could lead to a Cliffhanger and then go to another level, I thought that was peak doa5.

I'm guessing tho that they realized they can't do that with all stages since after a while it can be much but I personally wish they would have gave us more stages like 2U that had stuff like tumbling down the great walls stairs, and even the Crimson that had that hidden room, I loved the stuff like that. DOA6 has certain stages I can say have that energy but I think the biggest con is the lack of slope based dangerzones and slope throws. Them having the Spectators tossing you back to your opponent tho I loved alot tho

TheHunterKiller692

I think the thing about DOA5 danger zones is that stages like flow, street and Scramble I feel are the epitome of peak DOA5.
Exactly! However, I notice other games like Titanfall have map-based events of their own, (or Gears Of War, if you're playing on an ice map and an avalanche comes your way), so DOA isn't the only game that has "stage transitions", per se. Even Injustice 2 had levels that were basically DOA 5's Cliffhanger events.

Personally wish they would have gave us more stages like 2U where you were tumbling down the Great Wall's stairs, and even the Crimson that had that hidden room.
Except Crimson is the only stage that I'd count as being notable in DOA2/DOA2U. I find the whole "jumping off slopes" stuff to be a bit overdone in the early games and screws you up, competitively.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD