"Life-Size Tapestry" Survey Results

David Gregg

SGG_Disgust.gif

It's not my cup of tea either but hey whatever makes people happy. XD

Argentus

With the PC version you'll be able to create a mod so that can soon become a reality.

Eat your heart out buddy:
1386720967-doa5-ultimate-1.jpg

emma-stone-says-oh-yea.gif

Eh maybe not.

For whatever reason I thought she'd wind up looking more like
Sense-v01-ch02-00.png

I wasn't accounting for the hairstyle not changing to accomodate lol.

Kronin

But actually I always found this hairstyle nice on her, however I suppose that @Argentus could like more something similar:

short_by_doryu0-d89xz0q.png

PS: A cool bonus could be the addition of similar headgears... of course you can be sure that my opinion is completely disinterested XD

om9zigU.jpg

Last edited:

KwonJigglypuff

I'm not surprised Helena is the last one of this poll.
I'm surprised she was actually included and not Tina for instance.

Number 13

Characters like Tina or Christie not even being listed in a top 10 Japanese character poll for this game doesn't surprise me considering their personality pretty much killed their chances lol based on past poll patterns I've witnessed. Your guaranteed to rank higher if you have the 'pure and innocent' vibe. Your guaranteed to rank higher if your kawaii [cute], but not too blatantly cute/self aware that your cute. Your guaranteed to rank higher if your not obvious/blatant about being a sexual tease [Unless your a loli since that takes precedence lol] because it seems the general consensus looks down on that kind of shameful behavior.

Explains why the idol culture in Japan is so strict on maintaining the "pure" display for their idols. I mean at least Nyotengu looks 'pure' based on appearance + similar default wardrobe as Kokoro + new character appeal boost [which explains why an unrevealed female with "biggest" and "not black hair" description clues tied for 5th] to at least make the top 10 cut despite being a tease.

Helena at least has the ojou [high class female] appeal which people in Japan can dig. Street Fighter and Tekken both have their ojous [Karin and Lili] highly ranked in their popularity polls [Karin even beat Ryu lol]. The funny thing with someone like Mila is she could easily became more popular in Japan if she either becomes more masculine [blatant trap instead of tomboy; think someone like Naoto/Leo] or the obvious more feminine/cute route like letting her hair grow out, dresses, etc which would pretty much defeat her entire existence to separate from the rest lol.

If this was strictly a non Japan poll there would be quite a different top 10 turnout besides obvious candidates like Kasumi, Ayane, etc mostly because non Japan isn't as obsessed with the whole 'pure' angle and prefers 'sexy' over 'cute'.

Argentus

Characters like Tina or Christie not even being listed in a top 10 Japanese character poll for this game doesn't surprise me considering their personality pretty much killed their chances lol based on past poll patterns I've witnessed. Your guaranteed to rank higher if you have the 'pure and innocent' vibe. Your guaranteed to rank higher if your kawaii [cute], but not too blatantly cute/self aware that your cute. Your guaranteed to rank higher if your not obvious/blatant about being a sexual tease [Unless your a loli since that takes precedence lol] because it seems the general consensus looks down on that kind of shameful behavior.

Explains why the idol culture in Japan is so strict on maintaining the "pure" display for their idols. I mean at least Nyotengu looks 'pure' based on appearance + similar default wardrobe as Kokoro + new character appeal boost [which explains why an unrevealed female with "biggest" and "not black hair" description clues tied for 5th] to at least make the top 10 cut despite being a tease.

Helena at least has the ojou [high class female] appeal which people in Japan can dig. Street Fighter and Tekken both have their ojous [Karin and Lili] highly ranked in their popularity polls [Karin even beat Ryu lol]. The funny thing with someone like Mila is she could easily became more popular in Japan if she either becomes more masculine [blatant trap instead of tomboy; think someone like Naoto/Leo] or the obvious more feminine/cute route like letting her hair grow out, dresses, etc which would pretty much defeat her entire existence to separate from the rest lol.

If this was strictly a non Japan poll there would be quite a different top 10 turnout besides obvious candidates like Kasumi, Ayane, etc mostly because non Japan isn't as obsessed with the whole 'pure' angle and prefers 'sexy' over 'cute'.
On mila, I'm pretty sure they'll drop her tomboy side entirely by DOA 6, make her last round hairstyle her default, and make her "cute" like with her casual and aloha dlc.

Kinda like how Christie and Hitomis first appearance in doa3 is different from later appearances.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Same, but as we've seen, TN and the Japanese fans don't like her like that.
I don't think that's true. Sure, Mila has gotten "cute" as DLC has been released, but she's still new and we know little to nothing about the overall character. The costumes TN gives her doesn't reflect the overall personality of Mila. We know nothing about her. If anything, her default costumes that you can unlock in-game feel more closer to her personality. The DLC costumes are just the developers and fans playing dress up with their favorite characters.

Argentus

I don't think that's true. Sure, Mila has gotten "cute" as DLC has been released, but she's still new and we know little to nothing about the overall character. The costumes TN gives her doesn't reflect the overall personality of Mila. We know nothing about her. If anything, her default costumes that you can unlock in-game feel more closer to her personality. The DLC costumes are just the developers and fans playing dress up with their favorite characters.
Which has been the main complaint against the dlc since day 1

Kronin

@Number 13 In general I agree with your analysis however I think that the Japanese DoA fans (and JPN fans of fictions in general) love characters based on being sexy: Tina and Nyotengu doesn't seem to me too much different from this side, the only difference is that the first is a Western character while the second a Eastern one.

At least for the Japanese people seem that the nationality of fictional characters (or better the portrayal of them in relation with that matter, because for example Marie is much more Eastern than Rachel even if their registry office say the opposite) is always been an important factor for the affection of the audience toward them (very likely I believe because they see them more close to their culture).

synce

I don't think those numbers represent Japan, they just represent the people who knew about the survey and visit the site, so basically only the most hardcore fans. Tina's not even top 10 but I know for a fact she has some big fans in Japan

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD