lopedo analyzes the DOA 5 Alpha demo.

lopedo

First of all, I'm going to say that I understand the game is in a later, much improved build. I'm going to play it at GVN in a few weeks... and I can't fucking wait.

At first glance, the DOA 5 demo is pretty much DOA 4 with three point holds. Shortly after you decide it sucks, your CPU opponent does a move you've never seen before. Your curiosity is piqued, and you try to figure out what the fuck just happened to you. As you begin to scroll through the idiotically designed command list, (you can only scroll mid match, there is no move list), you begin to experiment with different stun options. Somewhere along the line, the tutorial, enabled by default, asks you to power blow somebody. Your first couple of times you miss the cliffhanger zone, which you are fine with, because people are bouncing off of exploding walls, enabling you to do a precision input to continue your combo.

You finally figure out the move you were initially searching for. An hour later, you're STILL trying to find the best situation for said move, all while learning the new mechanics of the game. Walking is more solid, crushes more apparent, and you can even *almost* side step a little bit. By the time you realize that spamming random holds does nothing, your attention is in demand by real life.

Smiling, you shut your Xbox off, excited for DOA's future.

lopedo

I've changed my mind on hating on everything DOA because 5 is looking solid.

And if you don't know what has been important, you definitely didn't win it.

UnD34D

I've changed my mind on hating on everything DOA because 5 is looking solid.

And if you don't know what has been important, you definitely didn't win it.
I just haven't seen anything important for DOA in the past... ever. WCG is about the only thing I can think of, or CGS... I think that's what it was called. I was on deployment for CGS, so nope, didn't win it. WCG I didn't win either though. I'm not really that concerned that I didn't win anything for DOA4, I competed, I place well every time I do compete, that always seemed pretty legit to me. If DOA5 actually has a tournament viable system I'm sure I'll do much better in it, seeing as how with Tekken, it has a solid system, I know the ins and outs, and I do well in that.

lopedo

I just haven't seen anything important for DOA in the past... ever. WCG is about the only thing I can think of, or CGS... I think that's what it was called. I was on deployment for CGS, so nope, didn't win it. WCG I didn't win either though. I'm not really that concerned that I didn't win anything for DOA4, I competed, I place well every time I do compete, that always seemed pretty legit to me. If DOA5 actually has a tournament viable system I'm sure I'll do much better in it, seeing as how with Tekken, it has a solid system, I know the ins and outs, and I do well in that.

Chill, homes, I'm just trolling you like you troll everybody else.

Good game. And please stop derailing my threads. This isn't about you, as few things are. This is MY opinion on DOA 5... the demo anyways. Getdafuqout, bro.

And don't be mad. <3

UnD34D

Chill, homes, I'm just trolling you like you troll everybody else.

Good game. And please stop derailing my threads. This isn't about you, as few things are. This is MY opinion on DOA 5... the demo anyways. Getdafuqout, bro.

And don't be mad. <3

I wasn't trying to come off as angry :( My bad. I know exactly what you were doing...

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
I cant stress this any more...
They need to return hold recovery to alpha build status...

team ninjas twitter needs to be showered with this

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
And a giant question mark as to what it'll be at GVN.

The world may never know.

... until GVN.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
So basically it's: how fast the move comes out/how long the move can catch your opponent/how long you have to wait if you missed entirely. Are you familiar with the term 60 fps? Where 60 frames of animation take one second to occur? Well these numbers are all out of 60. So the hold is active (can catch your opponent) for 17/60th of a second in the E3 version of DOA5. For other moves, there are also different recovery speeds that depend on whether you hit your opponent or your opponent blocked and these dictate who can move first after said move. Hope this is helpful but it may be a bit overwhelming.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD