Lucha Dora; Lisa breakdown

ScattereDreams

Pokes & stun starters

Lisa’s jab for a grappler is pretty “decent” for most of the DOA cast minus the VF characters. It’s i11 and +1 on NH and block. It’s +3 on CH. Simply decent because even though it’s +1 on block it’s still i11; meaning if you’re attempting a frame trap, it’ll clash with characters who have i10 jabs, and it’ll get beaten by the i9 jabs (Eliot, Kasumi, Alpha, Christie). However, it’s better than most jabs in DOA.

:4::H+K: - i12, much better than that ninja’s 7k. It’s -26 and cannot be throw punished on block due to it’s pushback. Transitions in to running stance. Move is great for getting pressure off you

:6::K: - is i14 mid kick. Decent stun starter, and a 50/50 mid kick follow up or tracking low.

BT :2::P: – another great stun starter for Lisa, i16 and tracks. Leaves Lisa at +17

BT :2::K: – Stun starter that grants Lisa a 50/50 backturned follow up

BT :4::F+K: - Lisa's i12 poke. Decent range, but retains properties of both mid punch/kick. However it is hold resistant.

:P::K: - i11 NC

Natural Combo’s.

Behind the VF characters, Lisa also has some of the better natural combo’s.

:P::K: – i11, does 30pts of damage, and leaves Lisa at +9

:6::P::K: – i14, does 40pts of damage, and leaves Lisa at +4

:1::K: – Lisa’s 2n1 natural combo, i21, and knocks down the opponent. 32 pts of damage or can follow up with 2k for 40pts

Crushes

This is one of the main aspects that defines Lisa. Her crushes are nearly everything and partially what makes her a good character.

:1::P: – Lisa’s well known high crush since DOA4. It’s i15; she can either follow up afterwards with a tracking high kick, or linear mid punch. Goes into a crouching state for a few frames

:1::K: – Another high crush. Slower than her 1p, but keeps Lisa in a crouching state which is good vs. standing OH’s. Overall, I still prefer 1p because I’d rather play the stun game and keep the momentum going.

:F+K: – A low crush that only works against lows while the opponent is in a standing state. It’s i18, and leaves the opponent backturned for a nasty guaranteed combo.

:9::K: – my favorite low crush, but one of the slowest. I31, typically used vs low wake up kicks. Puts the opponent into a unholdable stun for full combo

:6::F+K: and :P+K: – her other two low crushes front facing stance. Not my favorite due to their hit boxes. 6F+K being slightly more favorable. 6F+K ground splats the opponent granting Lisa a free force tech.

BT :P+K: – Lisa’s backflip somersault, crushes all lows, very good. Can also be guard canceled into a regular flip by pressing Guard/block during the start up frames.

BT :2::P: – Personal favorite Lisa attack; a high crush that stuns on NH/CH. I16 frames

BT :4::P: – Lisa’s fastest high crush i14 and launches on CH granting a full combo.

Unholdables

Mixing in 4.1 Lisa with DOA5 Lisa makes her very effective

:F+K: – Lisa’s stun stagger leaves the opponent back turned. Any follow up after 1p will put the opponent into another unholdable stun. F+K series can be done from 4p6k, or 2kp6k

:9::K: – Put’s the opponent into a sit down stun that guarantee’s Lisa’s BT 4P launcher. Can also be done from. 5kkk is also the same and guarantee’s a BT critical burst. But wouldn’t recommend using 5kkk

:6::6::P: :P: – This unholdable puts the opponent into a limbo stun ONLY from “closed stance”

Lisa has two critical bursts; 236k is a i20 mid kick, 236k[4] puts Lisa backturned. BT 7P is Lisa’s BT critical burst; a i20 mid punch.

Whiff punishers

Most of Lisa’s whiff punishers are best at mid-range, right outside the hit box of a wake up kick.

BT :4::P+K: is Lisa’s fastest whiff punish and has as much range as her 7k, but not the best in terms of distance. It’s i12, -3 on block up close (unsafe because it takes 5 frames to turn around and block), when used from max range -1/+0. The only downside to this move is it leaves Lisa backturned so you have to be sure it doesn’t whiff. Best used from max range so you’re not throw punished

:7::K: is another whiff punish, has great range, i16 and -18 on block. Due to the push back this move cannot be punished, also can transition into running stance for 50/50 set up’s.

BT :7::K: , has the most range next to 236p, i22; a 2in1 that launches on NH/CH/HCH and can combo. Does not natural combo, but pretty difficult to hold the second kick on reaction. -7 and leaves Lisa backturned

:236::P: – Lisa’s second furthest whiff punisher. A guard break when blocked, but can be throw punished because it leaves Lisa at -18. However it’s i16, but it’s best to buffer the input because the input is not instant like her BT 7K

Guard breaks

Most of Lisa’s guard breaks are extremely really slow and easy to react to, they require mind games. Her fastest guard break 236p is unsafe on block

:P+K: – i28, and +5 on block, can also be used as a combo ender/wallsplat from 6ppp, and force techs

:6::F+K: – i28 and +2 on block, has no real purpose outside of it being a low crush and granting Lisa a free force tech

:1::F+K: - +1 on blocked, but when fully charged it’s +19. However, because of the push back Lisa can only guarantee a follow up when her back is to the wall. This move is a real scare because it’s great for mind games since Lisa can dash cancel into running stance.

BT :P+K: , Lisa’s best guard break/crush. It leaves Lisa at +17, granting her a guaranteed follow up, and allows her to achieve a critical burst in 2 hits. Lisa can also choose to remain back turned after this move, but leaves her at +7. This move can also be canceled.

BT :H+K: .. – Lisa’s pointless guard break and sit down stun, due the push back being so great. This move has no real purpose IMO.

:6::6::K: - Lisa's mid kick guard crush. Leaves Lisa at -6 if she remains neutral, but +2 when going into running stance.

:2::F+K: - Lisa's low kick guard crush. Leaves Lisa at +2. when you pp she can follow up with ppk (66k) or 662k (2f+k). Neither tracks, but from pp she does have a tracking option.

Throw’s and Offensive holds

Lisa being a grapple character she has a breakable i4 throw, and a crouching unbreakable i4 throw.

:6::F+P: and :4::F+P: – 6p+g is her i6 throw and 4p+g is i8 both great for breaking floors, or doing damage on electric grounds. When Lisa’s back is to a wall 4p+g will splat the opponent, putting them in a position where the opponent CANNOT do a wake up kick.

Déjà vu – Lisa’s unbreakable chain throw is i11, and does 72pts of damage on NH. Also does floor damage, useful when baiting holds.

Shooting star press – Lisa’s most powerful throw; i11 and does 105pts of damage including floor damage on dangerzones. It’s a chain throw, and your opponent does have the option to break. Best used if you can master the just frame timing of the throw

:6::4::F+P: – Lisa’s third i11 throw, it leaves both Lisa and her opponent back turned granting Lisa a full combo off BT 4P+K

:8::F+P: and BT 8P+G – Lisa’s somersault OH. The use of this move is limited as a whiff punisher for wake up kicks and against beginner’s imo. Due the long animation, I wouldn’t recommend using this on intermediate players and above that, or at least don’t continuously use the move through out a match. It’s very easy to react to this OH by crouch dashing, or with IWC moves.

:3::F+P::5::F+P: – Lisa’s best OH. It’s a just frame chain throw that cannot be broken. Launches the opponent into the air for a follow up combo.

:6::6::F+P: – Lisa’s standing i16 OH. Does 45pts of damage. 236P+G is a stronger version of 66P+G, but four frames slower and does 50pts of damage. Both cause floor damage

BT :F+P: – Lisa’s neutral back turned throw. It’s i12, does 45pts of damage including floor damage. Good for

Stance transitions

Through stance transitioning, Lisa relies heavily on parlor tricks and mix up’s to confuse the opponent. It’s not as effective as Helena’s BKO/back turned stance because Helena has a lot more options in terms of playing the stun game and resetting her opponent with throws and force tech pseudos’’.

Running transitions
:7::K:
:4::F+K:
:6::6::K:
:7::P:
:1::F+K: (start up frames)

7k, 4F+K, 66k, 7p, and 1f+k startup frames all will transition into running stance by holding [6], You can instantly cancel running stance by letting go of [6], sidestepping, or transitioning into back turned stance by pressing 8p. Sidestepping, Lisa can transition into back turned stance by pressing p+k. Finally, from back turned Lisa can transition into neutral stance by tapping 44, 8, or 2.

Back turned transitions:

:8::P:
:1::P::P:
:6::6::P::K:
:9::K:
:6::P::4::P:
:P::P::4:
:236::K::4:
:6::P::K::4:
:P::P::P::4:
:K::K::4:
:P::K::K::4:

ToiletMangoes

Being fairly new to the game this is an extremely helpful guide. Is there a video someone has made to better visualize these in action?

ailingeternity

Being fairly new to the game this is an extremely helpful guide. Is there a video someone has made to better visualize these in action?
Keep in mind the OP is based on Vanilla but still has some great tips. When I find some capturing hardware I'll be making a tutorial on Lisa for DOA5U, I'm buying the capture device next week so watch this space.

ailingeternity

Simply put no... so here you go.

Her tracking moves are;

STRIKES

:P::P::P: 2nd and 3rd hits (BT also)
:P::K::K: 2nd and 3rd hits (BT also)
:1::P::K::K::K: full tracking string
:1::P::K::K::2::K: full tracking string
:4::P::K::2::K: 1st and 3rd hits
:4::P::6::K: full tracking string
:6::P::K: 2nd hit
:6::P::8::K::K: 2nd and 3rd hits
:6::6::P::P: full tracking string
:K::6::K: 2nd hit (BT also)
:K::2::K::2::K: 2nd and 3rd hits (BT also)
:1::K:
:1::K::2::K:
:2::K::P::6::K: 2nd and 3rd hits
:2::K::K: 2nd hit
:3::K:
:4::K::K::K: full tracking string
:236::K:
:h::+::K:
BT :2::P:
BT :7::P:
BT :7::K:
CAR :P:
GROUND :h::+::K::K: full tracking string
:8::8:/:2::2: :P:
:8::8:/:2::2: :K:

THROWS

:h::+::P:
:6::h::+::P:
:214::h::+::P:
:426::h::+::P:
:6::4::h::+::P:
BT :h::+::P:

OFFENSIVE HOLDS

:6::6::h::+::P:
:236::h::+::P:
BT :6::h::+::P:
CAR :h::+::P:
GROUND :h::+::P:

Last edited:
just wondering about the throws. I thought all throws and OH are tracking moves, so naturally I assumed they didn't need to be listed, but then you actually listed specific throws, so does this mean the ones not listed aren't tracking throws? BT H+P isn't on there for example

ailingeternity

BT :h::+::P: does actually track I've just missed it, but yes you're right not all throws and offensive holds track.

Last edited:

Batcommander

i am pretty sure all Lisa's normal throws track, i know that 4T says No Tracking but that is a tooltip error that was present in 1.03 vanilla. I tested in training, but i dunno, maybe its different in vs. mode or something.

Also, the off the wall OH and off the ropes OHs both track, unlike the regular 8T.

just some personal note of single input moves that also appear in attack strings, I think I only wrote down the ones with the same properties. wrote this down while learning her mixups.

4pk

bt 4k
6kk
4pkk

ppp
car p

3p
6pp

22p
66pp

h+k
22k slightly different