DOA5LR Mai Shiranui DOA5LR Discussion - Guest from FF/KOF series

P2p1mbs

I finally got to watch her gameplay vid and I am very impressed. I expected her to have some flashy moves but I'm glad its nowhere near as excessive as :naotora:. Ill definitely buy both girls when Mai releases but can already tell I'll enjoy using her more.

Jadeinchains

Mai looks incredible! I can't wait to try her out and see what else she can do. And yeah she won't get a halloween costume but hopefully she'll get something later on though. Also I'm okay with her debur set it looks okay but I'm not sure I'll get it.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Mai looks incredible! I can't wait to try her out and see what else she can do. And yeah she won't get a halloween costume but hopefully she'll get something later on though. Also I'm okay with her debur set it looks okay but I'm not sure I'll get it.

Oh, did they specify how many Halloween costumes there going to be?
They could always give her one from another character that fits her...wouldn't be the first time they do that.

SilverForte

She looks awesome, can't wait to try her out.

Looking at her frame data she def seems pretty dang fast, but overall unsafe. But the interesting part is her 236p which is marked as +1, as well as there being a note saying the frames will depend on distance, this makes me think it will be her projectile. Now if this thing is +1 at point blank, and you can special cancel into it, its gonna be great for pressure.

Ryuenbu is also a safe double hitting mid option at -6. It also has 12f startup, wat.

Reactions: J2S

Jadeinchains

Oh, did they specify how many Halloween costumes there going to be?
They could always give her one from another character that fits her...wouldn't be the first time they do that.

Yeah In the trailer you can see that it says for october there is 35 outfits.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
She looks awesome, can't wait to try her out.

Looking at her frame data she def seems pretty dang fast, but overall unsafe. But the interesting part is her 236p which is marked as +1, as well as there being a note saying the frames will depend on distance, this makes me think it will be her projectile. Now if this thing is +1 at point blank, and you can special cancel into it, its gonna be great for pressure.

Ryuenbu is also a safe double hitting mid option at -6. It also has 12f startup, wat.
It's always been safe & hits mid with 2 hits in KOF games, too at -6.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
They're not gonna give her anyone else's, they need the permission to do so, just like the Virtua fighters. She'll likely get something from her own series or nothing at all like what Brad stated. If they could only use 3 total collaboration costumes for the KOF DLC lack, that shows how more likely she is to get nothing.

I'm not too intimidated by her unsafety, 4/5 of the current characters I use are all unsafe, plus she's a speedy zoner so it comes with the territory. Her 13i low jab seems to be a compromise between 12i and 14i, and she also has a 23i low sweep like Naotora, yes! I just wanna buy her already and get in the lab.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Lol as a Kasumi player, I'm jealous of her safe strings rofl. She has a few that are like -6.

@SilverForte I was because they had to translate her over with one of her signature moves. lol. That was one of them. I'm even more shocked that they translated her over this well.

SilverForte

Yeah looks like anything that ends with the double hitting mid punch is safe.

Ah wait, I think I understand, some of her specials are built in as part of her strings, for example. pppp is 3 punches followed by ryuenbu.

Last edited:

Shiranui

They're not gonna give her anyone else's, they need the permission to do so, just like the Virtua fighters. She'll likely get something from her own series or nothing at all like what Brad stated. If they could only use 3 total collaboration costumes for the KOF DLC lack, that shows how more likely she is to get nothing.
Yes, definitely she won't get any costume because crossover characters are usually left out of those packs, for permission stuff I assume. But still I hope to get some costume from KOF/FF in a future. Her MI's alternate is a must and her XIII version would be nice. Or why not her pink and yellow very first cosutme in FF2.
ESPECIAL-FATAL-FURY-2-CRITICSIGHT-IMAGEN-MAI-SHIRANUI.bmp
Or she could have some casual street clothes from 80's
latest
latest

And i wonder if she'll have any of this

KOF intro for many years
MaiShiranui031.gif

Classic win poses besides her Niponichi
maikof3.gif
Mai-umbrella.gif
mai31.gif

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
KOF may not allow it however, different companies have different rules. Just because Brad for example will give you a free milkshake with your lasagna doesn't mean I'll do that too. XD it's kind of like that. ....And someone tell my why I'm not getting any email notifications from this thread. >_>

Shiranui

She looks really fun but Nyotengu is still my reining main. But you best believe if I want to sub main her I'm going to @Shiranui for help, this bitch knows everything about her. Things she probably don't even know herself. XD
Hahaha. Well, I'm probably one of her bigger fans out there and I played her since Fatal Fury 2 (and I wasn't a kid in that time, yes I'm quite old LOL). So, yes, ask me anything you want to know about her. But to be honest, as fighting game player I'm not good as I would wish to be, so for frame data, numbers in a pdf, mathemathics and all that shit that sounds to chinese to me you better address to @GreatDarkHero or @J.D.E. :D
When Mai comes out I'll try to do my best to be good with her and main her, but I'm very used to Rachel. I hope this won't be a problem and also I hope to not lose what I achieved with the demon slyer. Despite Mai, she's my DOA girl ^^

Xhominid The Demon Within

I've been a fan of hers since Fatal Fury Special(but I was a kid at that time). But while I never grew up with SNK as much as I should have(only really started getting the games while I was 14-15), it's still great to see crossovers like this.

Shiranui

Hana Arashi. It appears to be one of her throws in the command move. She really has all her stuff.. ! This almost looks like Maximum Impact 2! xD
doa5_006_cs1w1_1280x720.jpg

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/349/1349942/

From MMCafe's Professor

I tried out Mai in DOA5 during lunch today-- all the Multi-Ras cabinets in Sega West Shinjuku had her available. Here's a quick roundup:

- She's completely fine-tuned to the DOA5 engine. Unlike Tekken's Akuma who played with his own systems and 2D game engine, Mai feels like just another plain character in DOA5, albeit with the ability to cancel some moves with her specials. So if you were hoping to steamroll 3D fighting game players with 2D fighting techniques, it won't be happening.

- She has four specials: Kachousen(
qcf.gif
plus.gif
button-p.gif
), Ryuuenbu(
qcb.gif
plus.gif
button-p.gif
), Shinobibachi(
hcf.gif
plus.gif
button-k.gif
), and Kagerou no Mai(
qcb.gif
plus.gif
button-k.gif
).

- She can't jump by simply holding up on the controller like Akuma-- she'll just sway like the rest of the cast. Jumps are done by
uf.gif
or
ub.gif
plus.gif
button-p.gif

- A bunch of her command moves are throwbacks to her various NeoGeo moves. For example She has the SDM move from RB2 as a command throw. Fans can check out the moves list on TecmoKoei's official site to figure them all out.
I'm really going to faint right now.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD