[Mar 2, 2013] PTYFB Free Open Reg Online Cash Tournament (Novice) (Online)

This would be the time id be posting brackets, but it doesnt look like i got enough interest to run this tournament right, a 4-5 man tourny isnt that fun, so im going to cancel this idea for now and invest the money i was going to use for this in an offline tournament insted in my area

Thank you for all that were interested in my idea

Alright this is the first Online Tournament Ill be doing so lets hope it goes smoothly!

Intro!

I'm going to start this community experiment off right, there will be three prizes for this one, 1st 2nd and 3rd placements will be getting Cash in their pockets. I'm going to name this experiment with an acronym PTYFB or Play Till Your Fingers Bleed, in light of the constant practice we all must do to rise to new competitive standards. I know there is a lot of concern with online play Lag, and such I will outline the details on how we will be handling that situation below. Remember! These tournaments are meant to strengthen our community by providing Cash encouragement for our growing numbers, as well as, provide an area where the fundamentals of the game can be practiced on a competitive level.

Current Prizes (Subject to change with Donations)
1st (25 USD, as well as recognition as an intermediate level player)
2nd (15 USD, as well as recognition as an intermediate level player)
3rd (10 USD)

This Tournament will be on the Xbox 360, I will have a future tournament on the PS3, so keep looking out!

Date Time
March 2nd 2013 / 7pm Pacific Time

Tournament Settings and Specifics
Character Restrictions: None at this time
Stage Restrictions: Ends of the Earth, This tournament is using Random Select, Turn Restrictions off in the settings menu
Life Gauge: Normal
Time: 60 Secs
Rounds: 3
Matches:2 best of 3
Elimination: Double
Registration: Open! There will be Seeded Tournaments Following this one

Set Up
Brackets are made prior to the tournament start date, please sign up early if you wish to compete, the deadline for registration is 12am on the start date. Entrants must be present an hour Prior to start time, Failure to do so will result in your removal from the brackets, please PM me via Freestepdodge.com to confirm your placement on the start date. This ensures the brackets run smoothly. I will post the brackets in this thread the day of the tournament so look back here to see who you are facing.

After Finishing your matches PM your results to me Via Freestepdodge.com, and i will advance you accordingly and reply with your next opponent, or inform you that your opponent is in another match.
Top placers Must Register With Paypal In Order to Receive Payment! In the event that there are multiple placements for 2nd or third place, the pot will be split between placers.

Discrepancies
Lets all not forget that this is for building our community, so try and be as fair as you can, Reports will be taken very seriously with money on the line.

Lag is going to come up, and I expect it to, Report the name of the entrant, and provide any material if your able to (videos as an example) The entrants name will be noted and if it comes up multiple times I will be forced to remove them from the tournament

Prior to that, we will try and match this person up with another lag report to see if its just a connection between 2 people that is the problem.

Harassment and False Match Recordings, if you believe the match has been recorded incorrectly, I must go by someones word until more evidence arrives, Videos, multiple reports, so be nice guys, this is to get everyone some encouragement to get to their next level, Lose with Dignity and Win with Grace.

Goal
Eventually i hope we get to the points I outlined here

Donations
If you have a prize you think would be cool, and might strengthen our growth as a community, PM me and let me know, If you would like to Donate for the Prizes to make a bigger pot for everyone, that would be awesome to! Im currently doing this out of my own pocket ANY AND ALL DONATIONS HELP!

Streaming and Casting
This is not just an chance for people to compete, this is also a chance for amateur casters and streamers to join rooms and get your name out there! I dont have the money to employ anyone at this time for it, though this is a big enough chance for anyone to take a shot, Check the brackets on the day of the tournament and contact people via freestepdodge.com or their gamertags or psn tags listed on here or in the sign up list. There is absolutely NO RESTRICTION ON THIS and i encourage it fully, it both helps the community, and may clear up any problems that can come up with the provided video taping.

Deity Cheesus
nF ColtZz
ChocolateIndian
A1R GEAR
Tamisu

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
I may join if I can. Not sure if I can yet. Also I assume the patch will be out for 360 before March. Eote shouldn't be banned if thats the case since the patch fix it.

ikodomo

So was CrimsonCJ and he showed up to SCR and BOTB. Heck, a guy from Brazil came to play DOA at SCR. He can probably make it out there.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD